Bethenney Frankel Separated

Lana-B

Reaction score
Per her announcement to the Associated Press, Bethenney Frankel and her husband Jason Hoppy have separated and are going to divorce.
It seemed to me that Jason brought out the best in Bethenney...and their beautiful Bryn.
This makes me sad but not surprised. I think she's obsessed with fame right now and he doesn't like the lime light.
All too common today in celebrity land I guess but I loved them together and thought he was absolutely adorable. He'll have no trouble finding someone else I'll bet.

Per her announcement to the Associated Press, Bethenney Frankel and her husband Jason Hoppy have separated and are going to divorce.
It seemed to me that Jason brought out the best in Bethenney...and their beautiful Bryn.
This makes me sad but not surprised. I think she's obsessed with fame right now and he doesn't like the lime light.
All too common today in celebrity land I guess but I loved them together and thought he was absolutely adorable. He'll have no trouble finding someone else I'll bet.

Who? :waitasec:

Bethenny Frankel and Jason Hoppy aren’t over till it’s over. Announcing her separation just two days before Christmas, Frankel raised quite a few eyebrows among the staff of her new talk show, who met with the Skinnygirl mogul just days ago. They can’t believe how things changed so drastically in the span of a week

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-split-screen-article-1.1226942#ixzz2GC4RnNYP

Bethenny Frankel was a popular character on Real housewives of New York during the first couple of seasons. She parlayed that new found celebrity into to her own successful brand of cocktails called "SkinnyGirl"

http://bethenny.com/

Who? :waitasec:
Sorry...
Bethenney Frankel was one of the original Real Housewives of New York, then she had a show on Bravo about her pregnancy and wedding. She became friends with Ellen DeGeneres after appearing on her show, and now she has her own talk show starting in the spring.
Her personality is the type that I guess you either like or dislike. I find her brashness and honesty refreshing but ... that's just me.

Bethenny Frankel and Jason Hoppy aren’t over till it’s over. Announcing her separation just two days before Christmas, Frankel raised quite a few eyebrows among the staff of her new talk show, who met with the Skinnygirl mogul just days ago. They can’t believe how things changed so drastically in the span of a week

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-split-screen-article-1.1226942#ixzz2GC4RnNYP

Bethenny Frankel was a popular character on Real housewives of New York during the first couple of seasons. She parlayed that new found celebrity into to her own successful brand of cocktails called "SkinnyGirl"

http://bethenny.com/

I feel for Bryn...I hoped that Bethenney would provide her daughter with a stable family...which is something she claims to have so missed. Not judging here....just wish it was different for their daughter.

She's a millionaire many times over so I don't understand why she couldn't back off on the tv shows, etc.

I agree, Lana.

I'm not surprised at all. I really like Jason. Bethenny just has such a gruffness about her and she seems so jaded and angry at the world. It seems she had an awful childhood, so I can see where it comes from, but I have the sad feeling that she is a large part of the reason the marriage didn't work. And I have a feeling she will end up regretting it later in life.

I feel for Bryn...I hoped that Bethenney would provide her daughter with a stable family...which is something she claims to have so missed. Not judging here....just wish it was different for their daughter.

She's a millionaire many times over so I don't understand why she couldn't back off on the tv shows, etc.

Two years just doesn't seem to me like enough time to "try" to make a marriage work. I've been married over 15 years and we're going through a very (very!!!) rough patch right now. We've been through similar times, as marriage has it's ups and downs.

Unless there is abuse or cheating, more likely than not, a couple who really really works on things can get through the valleys and come out on the peaks.

I feel bad for Bryn. I'm sure they'll both be great parents no matter what, but divorce takes such a toll on kids.

I like Bethenny. Always have. She is a very "what you see is what you get" "say it to your face rather than behind your back" "call it like she sees it" type person.

Sadly though, I have always thought she has a very unrealistic view of her right and ability to "have it all"

The fast paced, demanding career, the nightlife, the husband, the social life, etc etc.

I think she has figured out it is not easy and maybe not even possible to "have it all"

I think Bethenny tends to be the type of person who is high maintenance in a relationship and that perhaps the demands on her time did not leave her much with which to extend the same level of attention to her husband that I think she demanded from him.

I never saw that one coming, said no one ever.

Two years just doesn't seem to me like enough time to "try" to make a marriage work. I've been married over 15 years and we're going through a very (very!!!) rough patch right now. We've been through similar times, as marriage has it's ups and downs.

Unless there is abuse or cheating, more likely than not, a couple who really really works on things can get through the valleys and come out on the peaks.

I feel bad for Bryn. I'm sure they'll both be great parents no matter what, but divorce takes such a toll on kids.
ITA with both of your posts Hopeful. Marriage is the hardest thing I have personally ever done and agree with you that it has its peaks and valleys. I love Bethenny but think she's very arrogant and feels entitled.
She will definitely regret her decision later in life. Jason brought all of the good things into her life it seemed. I just think it's incredibly sad.
He will go on and have a "normal" life with someone who appreciates him and hopefully will have more children. I just loved his parents.
Another one bites the dust apparently.
:moo:

I like Bethenny. Always have. She is a very "what you see is what you get" "say it to your face rather than behind your back" "call it like she sees it" type person.

Sadly though, I have always thought she has a very unrealistic view of her right and ability to "have it all"

The fast paced, demanding career, the nightlife, the husband, the social life, etc etc.

I think she has figured out it is not easy and maybe not even possible to "have it all"

I think Bethenny tends to be the type of person who is high maintenance in a relationship and that perhaps the demands on her time did not leave her much with which to extend the same level of attention to her husband that I think she demanded from him.
I like her frankness and honesty too....what you see is what you get and there's no back biting or mean girl whispering about her.
I hope that she figures out that this fleeting stage in her life will soon pass and she'll be left a single mother, living in LA or NY alone while Brynn summers with her father. I bet Jason just had enough.

IMO Jason was jealous, pompous, arrogant and never overlooked a chance to throw in her face just how damaged she was.

She deserves better. Someone that can be supportive, kind, and compassionate. In all my life I've never seen a woman work harder on a relationship.

IMO He was perfect in his eyes, and I failed to see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I liked her at first, but then she got too into herself.
Lots of us had rough childhoods. She had a great education, mother, stepfather and didn't come from poverty.
Yes, sounds like her Dad was not involved. To me after reading about her more, it seemed part of her "horrible childhood" was her more a story that helped her achieve what she wanted.
She was just as bad at talking behind the others backs the only difference she just did it to their faces too!

IMO Jason was jealous, pompous, arrogant and never overlooked a chance to throw in her face just how damaged she was.

She deserves better. Someone that can be supportive, kind, and compassionate. In all my life I've never seen a woman work harder on a relationship.

I totally didn't see the Jason you did.
I didn't see her working that hard on the relationship....and I love her and admire her, but I look at her both of them realistically, You have listed what you think he did...well, being fair and looking at both sides of the situation, if she was really committed to making her marriage work she wouldn't have taken on the talk show in California. And the 5 million dollar town home complete with hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of furnishings, and the 6 million dollar home she wanted in LA, having to have her engagement ring that Jason bought for her blinged out, the way she treated Jason's parents, and the emasculating remarks she made to him, and the ridiculous therapy sessions on board a boat....yadda, yadda, yadda.
I think he was absolutely precious and as for him throwing things at her, as much as I do love her...she threw some pretty hefty punches herself.
Anyone who's been married knows that we have that "button pushing mentality" when cornered...LOL!!
Neither of them was perfect and apparently both wanted entirely different things in life.

Are we talking about the same man??

Of course I don't know them personally but I loved them both. I wish it had worked but since it doesn't appear to be, I hope they both find happiness and co-parent Bryn well.

We can all posit theories about why they are divorcing, especially those of us who enjoy watching her on RHONY, Bethanny Gets Married, Bethanny Ever After and her new talk show Bethanny. She's always been pretty good about answering questions about her marriage, and knowing when to say "this is private." (maybe not enough for Jason, though).

I love Bethanny, Jason and Bryn. I just hope for the best.

I liked her at first, but then she got too into herself.
Lots of us had rough childhoods. She had a great education, mother, stepfather and didn't come from poverty.
Yes, sounds like her Dad was not involved. To me after reading about her more, it seemed part of her "horrible childhood" was her more a story that helped her achieve what she wanted.
She was just as bad at talking behind the others backs the only difference she just did it to their faces too!

From what I've read her "mother" was and still is HORRIBLE to her.

This news makes me really sad. I've always loved BF.

I was really hoping they would stay together forever.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back