1188 users online (260 members and 928 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Potential rapist targeted real estate agents working alone

Rape plot targeted real estate agents

I'm posting this as a warning to people who work in real estate and similar professions. I know I have friends in the business who have said that at open houses and other events they sometimes get a creepy vibe from people who come in at odd hours, supposedly to get tours of properties. It's a situation where the desire to make a sale can override intuition that something is not right.

This is from the article linked in the first post:

"Police seized a knapsack that contained numerous objects, including matches, a lighter, scissors, knives, an electrical cable stripper package, binoculars, a black ski mask, gloves, a rope, two handguns and ammunition, a metal chain with padlocks and duct tape. Police also found a second roll of duct tape, a crow bar and realty brochures in the truck.

Police also found drawings and writings that detailed his plans, scheme and design."

Sometimes, stupid is a good thing. MOO

Quote Originally Posted by TGIRecovered View Post
    This is from the article linked in the first post:

"Police seized a knapsack that contained numerous objects, including matches, a lighter, scissors, knives, an electrical cable stripper package, binoculars, a black ski mask, gloves, a rope, two handguns and ammunition, a metal chain with padlocks and duct tape. Police also found a second roll of duct tape, a crow bar and realty brochures in the truck.

Police also found drawings and writings that detailed his plans, scheme and design."

Sometimes, stupid is a good thing. MOO

Whoa. Frank A Yeager was not up to anything good that is for sure.

So good this woman trusted her own instinct and knowledge.

I remember years ago I worked at an answering service and we had a lot of apartment communities as clients. If the leasing agent got a bad vibe from someone she had to show a unit to, she would tell us she was leaving to show apartment # whatever (normally she could just forward the phone without speaking to us) and we would write down the apt # and time she left--if she wasn't back in 20 minutes we would contact the property security officer.
    All posts from me are MY OPINION ONLY