TX TX - Kathy Brownfield Goad, 20, Fort Worth, 11 Nov 1982

Well, my first post.. Just out of curiosity I decided to look at this since no one had replied.

The synopsis..

Apparently, her and her husband moved from Bowling Green, Kentucky to Fort Worth, Texas. It was her husband that located her car at Dallas Fort Worth Airport, and was originally the prime suspect. It also appears Fort Worth LE did very little and most of the legwork of the case was done by a Kentucky, detective. They had recently purchased a car, and the salesman at the dealership had made sexual advances towards her. The husband took a polygraph and passed. The salesman had a history of this behavior and was terminated. When he was interviewed by the detective he had agreed to take a polygraph, and later declined. The salesman had been given a demo car the day before she disappeared, and then later traded his demo with another employee. There were hairs that were found in the trunk that matched the victim, however the texas prosecutor wouldn't prosecute without a body. They suspect the body was dumped in a lake..

The full article can be read here
http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...O8aAAAAIBAJ&sjid=PkcEAAAAIBAJ&pg=3606,2393816 and continues on page 21..

Thanks Ricochet. I knew this young lady and Detective Wood who worked her case was a personal friend and a neighbor. He passed away several years ago and was always bothered by this case. I'm not sure but I believe both of Kathy's parents have passed away. I had hoped there might be some updates. Thanks again for posting the details.

Thanks Ricochet. I knew this young lady and Detective Wood who worked her case was a personal friend and a neighbor. He passed away several years ago and was always bothered by this case. I'm not sure but I believe both of Kathy's parents have passed away. I had hoped there might be some updates. Thanks again for posting the details.

Bumping for Kathy. Where is her body and who/where is her killer?

I can't find where the article continues though...

Thank you, Maze. I couldn't find it either although I know it was there when the paper was published because I subscribed to the "Park City Daily News" at the time.

Many involved in this case have passed away: her parents (iirc, Kathy didn't have any brothers or sisters), Detective Wood who went to Texas to investigate, perhaps others.

Glen Wood, Commonwealth Detective, believed he knew who her killer was and he suspected she was dumped in a lake near the town where Kathy was abducted. Her husband was cleared.

At this point, it would be wonderful just to know where she is, however, after all these years, if she was in one of the local lakes that is not likely a possibility.

Thank you for bumping this.

Thank you for posting the links Houston Mom. The physical description on the unidentified individual closely matches Kathy. It said there was a recognizable photo but the website didn't show it. I'm going to look into this. Thank you again for this help.

Just a short uninformative FYI. On 5 November 2013, I contacted authorities in Texas about the possible match mentioned in post #9 above. Guess it's wait and see.

Still haven't heard anything from Texas authorities. Had it been a match I feel sure local papers and law enforcement where I live would know about it. With the age of this case I wonder if her case was even compared to the individual listed in post #9 above. Maybe some day she will be found.

It can take up to a year. Is there any family member that can submit DNA? Without any DNA, fingerprints or dentals it is difficult to make a match.

This UID has a similar look to Kathy....

<modsnip: broken link>

Last edited by a moderator:
It can take up to a year. Is there any family member that can submit DNA? Without any DNA, fingerprints or dentals it is difficult to make a match.

This UID has a similar look to Kathy....

<modsnip: broken link>

I don't think the above UID is Kathy for several reasons imo.

I have contact with a family member but have not approached this person about submitting a DNA sample.

As far as I know, there are fingerprints and dentals available on Kathy for comparison. All bank employees would have been fingerprinted where she worked in Bowling Green, Kentucky, as well as the clerk's office where she worked. Iirc, Detective Wood (a Commonwealth Detective who worked her case) had dentals. Of course, Kathy's records could have been lost but I don't think so.

I don't think the above UID is Kathy for several reasons imo.

I have contact with a family member but have not approached this person about submitting a DNA sample.

As far as I know, there are fingerprints and dentals available on Kathy for comparison. All bank employees would have been fingerprinted where she worked in Bowling Green, Kentucky, as well as the clerk's office where she worked. Iirc, Detective Wood (a Commonwealth Detective who worked her case) had dentals. Of course, Kathy's records could have been lost but I don't think so.

DNA can be definitive, hopefully you will find an opportunity to ask...

Another year has passed and Kathy's body has never been recovered nor has an arrest been made.

Another year has passed and Kathy's body has never been recovered nor has an arrest been made.

This is a real shame. With the hair that was found in the demo car's trunk, it seems this case could be solved. I wish the Ft. Worth police would put a cold case unit on this case.

Still nothing for Kathy. I was in contact with a family member several months ago who advised that there has been no news.

Still hoping she will be found and brought home.

BOESP Another possible UID was posted by Dallas County. Female Feb 29, 1984, 18-21, 68 inches and estimated 140 lbs. Dentals available.

Thank you Houston Mom. Kathy was about 5'4" or 5'5" best I remember. The entry above says 5'8". She was a small person.

Based on what I've been told it was believed that Kathy was in one of the lakes in the area but she was never recovered. I do appreciate you posting this and hope you will continue to do so if other young ladies are reported as found. Thanks again for caring.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee
Back