935 users online (143 members and 792 guests)  



Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,697

    TX - Kathy Mae Brownfield Goad, 20, Fort Worth, 11 Nov 1982

    So disappointing that after all these years Kathy's remains have not been found. Her thread on Websleuths has been locked.

    See

    http://websleuths.com/forums/showthr...thy+Brownfield

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    137
    Well, my first post.. Just out of curiosity I decided to look at this since no one had replied.

    The synopsis..

    Apparently, her and her husband moved from Bowling Green, Kentucky to Fort Worth, Texas. It was her husband that located her car at Dallas Fort Worth Airport, and was originally the prime suspect. It also appears Fort Worth LE did very little and most of the legwork of the case was done by a Kentucky, detective. They had recently purchased a car, and the salesman at the dealership had made sexual advances towards her. The husband took a polygraph and passed. The salesman had a history of this behavior and was terminated. When he was interviewed by the detective he had agreed to take a polygraph, and later declined. The salesman had been given a demo car the day before she disappeared, and then later traded his demo with another employee. There were hairs that were found in the trunk that matched the victim, however the texas prosecutor wouldn't prosecute without a body. They suspect the body was dumped in a lake..

    The full article can be read here
    http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=3606,2393816 and continues on page 21..

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,697
    Thanks Ricochet. I knew this young lady and Detective Wood who worked her case was a personal friend and a neighbor. He passed away several years ago and was always bothered by this case. I'm not sure but I believe both of Kathy's parents have passed away. I had hoped there might be some updates. Thanks again for posting the details.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,697
    Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    Thanks Ricochet. I knew this young lady and Detective Wood who worked her case was a personal friend and a neighbor. He passed away several years ago and was always bothered by this case. I'm not sure but I believe both of Kathy's parents have passed away. I had hoped there might be some updates. Thanks again for posting the details.
    Bumping for Kathy. Where is her body and who/where is her killer?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    33
    Linked is an article with more details on Kathy's disappearance http://news.google.com/newspapers?ni...g=3606,2393816

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    33
    I can't find where the article continues though...

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,697
    Thank you, Maze. I couldn't find it either although I know it was there when the paper was published because I subscribed to the "Park City Daily News" at the time.

    Many involved in this case have passed away: her parents (iirc, Kathy didn't have any brothers or sisters), Detective Wood who went to Texas to investigate, perhaps others.

    Glen Wood, Commonwealth Detective, believed he knew who her killer was and he suspected she was dumped in a lake near the town where Kathy was abducted. Her husband was cleared.

    At this point, it would be wonderful just to know where she is, however, after all these years, if she was in one of the local lakes that is not likely a possibility.

    Thank you for bumping this.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,935
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,935
    I wonder if this gal was ruled out?

    https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4476
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,697
    Thank you for posting the links Houston Mom. The physical description on the unidentified individual closely matches Kathy. It said there was a recognizable photo but the website didn't show it. I'm going to look into this. Thank you again for this help.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,697
    Just a short uninformative FYI. On 5 November 2013, I contacted authorities in Texas about the possible match mentioned in post #9 above. Guess it's wait and see.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,697
    Still haven't heard anything from Texas authorities. Had it been a match I feel sure local papers and law enforcement where I live would know about it. With the age of this case I wonder if her case was even compared to the individual listed in post #9 above. Maybe some day she will be found.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,935
    It can take up to a year. Is there any family member that can submit DNA? Without any DNA, fingerprints or dentals it is difficult to make a match.

    This UID has a similar look to Kathy....

    http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/Un...n=Unidentified Person
    Last edited by Houston Mom; 01-06-2014 at 07:32 PM.
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    2,697
    Quote Originally Posted by Houston Mom View Post
    It can take up to a year. Is there any family member that can submit DNA? Without any DNA, fingerprints or dentals it is difficult to make a match.

    This UID has a similar look to Kathy....

    http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/Un...n=Unidentified Person
    I don't think the above UID is Kathy for several reasons imo.

    I have contact with a family member but have not approached this person about submitting a DNA sample.

    As far as I know, there are fingerprints and dentals available on Kathy for comparison. All bank employees would have been fingerprinted where she worked in Bowling Green, Kentucky, as well as the clerk's office where she worked. Iirc, Detective Wood (a Commonwealth Detective who worked her case) had dentals. Of course, Kathy's records could have been lost but I don't think so.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,935
    Quote Originally Posted by BOESP View Post
    I don't think the above UID is Kathy for several reasons imo.

    I have contact with a family member but have not approached this person about submitting a DNA sample.

    As far as I know, there are fingerprints and dentals available on Kathy for comparison. All bank employees would have been fingerprinted where she worked in Bowling Green, Kentucky, as well as the clerk's office where she worked. Iirc, Detective Wood (a Commonwealth Detective who worked her case) had dentals. Of course, Kathy's records could have been lost but I don't think so.
    DNA can be definitive, hopefully you will find an opportunity to ask...
    For I the Lord thy God will hold they right hand, saying unto thee, Fear not; I will help thee. ~Is 41:13

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Found Alive TX - BM, 6, Fort Worth, 7 Oct 2016
    By Gardener1850 in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 10-24-2016, 03:43 PM
  2. GUILTY CO - Kathy Adams, 57, Fort Collins, 7 Oct 2010
    By fhc in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-06-2015, 04:57 AM
  3. TX Kathy Mae Brownfield Goad (20) - Fort Worth TX, 1982
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-06-2013, 04:00 AM
  4. FL FL - Deborah Kim Green, 20, Lake Worth, 30 May 1982
    By Richard in forum 1980's Missing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 10:14 PM
  5. FL Deborah Kim Green (20) - Lake Worth FL, 1982
    By SheWhoMustNotBeNamed in forum Missing Children in America - A Profile
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-09-2010, 03:46 PM

Tags for this Thread