903 users online (151 members and 752 guests)  

Websleuths News

Judge Commits Suicide After Allegations Of Child Molestation

http://www.officer.com/article/artic...&siteSection=1

VALENCIA, Calif. (AP) -- A Los Angeles County Superior Court judge shot and killed himself after becoming distraught when detectives contacted him about an allegation that he had molested a child, authorities said.

Lloyd Jeffrey Wiatt, a former prosecutor, was the subject of a preliminary child sex abuse investigation before killing himself Thursday, according to sheriff's Lt. Dan Rosenberg. No additional details about the case were released.

Authorities contacted Wiatt, 61, at his home Wednesday. Worried that he was suicidal, detectives monitored his movements using a commercial anti-theft device on his car.

They followed him to Towsley Canyon Park on Thursday and urged him over cell phone not to harm himself. He pulled out a gun and shot himself before they could reach him, Rosenberg said.

Judges and attorneys expressed shock at Wiatt's death, some remembering his blunt manner in the courtroom.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I can't feel too sorry for him if he was having sex with children ~ ruining their lives.... but i do feel bad for his family, imagin if this was your husband or father and all of a sudden he kills himself and your whole world is upside down.

I hope the victim of his abuse is okay.

This may sound cold, but his committing suicide tells me he was guilty of the crime. Wouldn't an innocent person deny the charges and want their day in court to prove their innocence?
    "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." - Mark Twain

GO STEELERS!

Quote Originally Posted by lisad71
    This may sound cold, but his committing suicide tells me he was guilty of the crime. Wouldn't an innocent person deny the charges and want their day in court to prove their innocence?
    Not neccessarily. The charge, or allegation, alone could ruin his career and reputation. I've heard of this happening, many times, in various careers.

I've seen people level false charges against another just to cause problems. Sadly, some people thrive on controversy.

Ever heard the expression "the straw that broke the camels back"? Perhaps more was going on in his life, and this accusation pushed him over the edge.

It's very sad, especially if the charges held no merit. I suppose we may never know. It's between him and God, now.

Blessings to you, Lisa.
    I hope you have a wonderful day, Lanie