GUILTY CA - Dennis Petillo for setting homeless woman on fire, Van Nuys, 2012

CarmelEyesD

Reaction score
What is happening to our world?

LOS ANGELES (AP) — "For more than 10 years, the homeless woman slept on the same plastic bus stop bench at a busy intersection in the San Fernando Valley, no matter how cold it was or if it was raining.

The 67-year-old woman, described by one church volunteer who saw her regularly as the "sweetest lady on the street," was nestled in her regular spot early Thursday when the unthinkable happened: A man came out of a nearby drug store, doused her with a flammable liquid and set her ablaze.

She was taken to a nearby hospital, where she was listed in critical condition..."

http://www.centurylink.net/news/rea...org>&news_id=19223026&src=most_popular_viewed

What is wrong with people?

You live 67 years. You're living on a bench which is tough on people half this poor ladies age. You're collecting cans just to eat and you get set on fire?

Poor lady they haven't named her here, but they name the thing that set her on fire.

Dennis Petillo

FB

https://www.facebook.com/dennis.petillo

Prayers as no doubt this poor lady is suffering horribly.

Flo Parker

Known to all as Violet

She may not have had shelter, but this poor woman has a name.

No motive. This guy went into Walgreens and bought rubbing alcohol only to pour it over this poor lady and then set her on fire. A witness actually chased the perp who pulled a knife on the man.

Suspect thought to be mentally ill. Ummm, ya think? He's done time for car theft. Who officially deemed him as mentally ill I don't know.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lan...f-setting-woman-on-fire-was-mentally-ill.html

Violet we're praying for you and sending you positive thoughts.

Suspect thought to be mentally ill. Ummm, ya think? He's done time for car theft. Who officially deemed him as mentally ill I don't know.

Scary to think how many people like this are running around loose, people with criminal records that are KNOWN to be unstable but allowed to remain free and prey on whomever they choose.

The suspect claims to have worked at Securitas. That is the largest security company in Europe (and now branching into the US). This guy was probably a security guard? Ugh.

Scary to think how many people like this are running around loose, people with criminal records that are KNOWN to be unstable but allowed to remain free and prey on whomever they choose.

The suspect claims to have worked at Securitas. That is the largest security company in Europe (and now branching into the US). This guy was probably a security guard? Ugh.

But he had an extensive criminal record. Do they hire felons with robbery charges as security guards?

Do they hire felons with robbery charges as security guards?

Yesssssssssss. Depends on who is hiring and who is fudging their application, and who only wants to pay minimum wage.

FWIW, my DD's first job they called for a spill/cleanup in aisle whatever. The oh so very "nice" security guard offered to help her. He took a big towel as opposed to the mop and used his foot to wipe the spill and says to my kid "That's how we do it in the prison system". Nope, he was not a guard in the prison system, but rather an inmate. You know I checked.

Can't trust anybody and this poor woman is suffering as if living on a bench wasn't bad enough.

Looks way more psycho than "mentally ill". This poor woman.....already leading such a sad life and now more pain. Prayers for her.....prayers she heals AND is giving a home to live in. I'll take her.

Lot's of homeless people don't want to live in a home. We had one in our town and she had been sleeping in allies and under porches for years. Finally, a very fine lady convinced her to live in her home. She had a nice bedroom, good food, everything. However, "Marie" as we called her, left this kind ladies house and lived on the streets until her death.

I feel very sorry for Flo and wish her the best. Hopefully, members of the community will get together and pay for her hospital bills.

Is it going to continue every day?!! Are these crazy people trying to outdo each other. It's getting to the point where I dread watching the news!

So he should have been convicted and sentenced by now--can anyone find out what happened?

Can't find a darn thing. Nothing about her recovery either.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cbisme
Back