976 users online (185 members and 791 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    Mental health care is not in the hands of the govt is it?

When one has insurance, one is paying huge amounts of the premium for fancy buildings and huge salaries. I read that the CEO of United Health Care received one billion dollars in salary for one year.

Then there are all of the perks such as golf club memberships.

The new healthcare law does state that the premium must now cover more health care costs than all of this other entitlement. Why don't people get upset about insurance companies?

It is a mystery to me.
    In CT Gov't will become involved in Mental Healthcare AND Gun Reform
    Gov. Malloy made a speech about this yesterday.

http://www.norwalkcitizenonline.com/...th-4151904.php

Also..I am positive there will be school security reform ( everywhere )with and with out that law suit. I can see a survivor starting this (possibly symbolic) legal action- maybe others will join and it can become a Class Action.

It's so sad...this the second worst massacre in US history to little tiny kids. And other little tiny kids hearing and seeing that.

You all have heard my diatribe about security and procedures in that school that day.

True the poor souls did not have time..but JMO ( as someone who had a lock down training here in the same state )they did not follow the procedures the sound system is part of that procedure... they are to say ONE code word or phrase. Period. As a Mom, as a teacher, as a neighbor, I am very raw on this issue. Sorry.

Bless the victims. Bless the families survivors and First Responders.

http://www.atg.wa.gov/uploadedFiles/...ch/CMIIPDF.pdf

In honor and memory of all victims of violence, and the disappeared.
    Especially
    ( KJ,TA, RZ, EC,LC, CA, MM,LI,IC,BW,LS,MP,DR)

Quote Originally Posted by iSleuth View Post
    In CT Gov't will become involved in Mental Healthcare AND Gun Reform
    Gov. Malloy made a speech about this yesterday.

http://www.norwalkcitizenonline.com/...th-4151904.php

Also..I am positive there will be school security reform ( everywhere )with and with out that law suit. I can see a survivor starting this (possibly symbolic) legal action- maybe others will join and it can become a Class Action.

It's so sad...this the second worst massacre in US history to little tiny kids. And other little tiny kids hearing and seeing that.

You all have heard my diatribe about security and procedures in that school that day.

True the poor souls did not have time..but JMO ( as someone who had a lock down training here in the same state )they did not follow the procedures the sound system is part of that procedure... they are to say ONE code word or phrase. Period. As a Mom, as a teacher, as a neighbor, I am very raw on this issue. Sorry.

Bless the victims. Bless the families survivors and First Responders.
    After Columbine, my state required lockdowns almost every month in schools.

Some of the teachers there and in every school will be new without countless lockdown drills under their belts. I imagine most states have lockdown drills.

Even trained police are surprised -- in NJ three police were shot right in the police station.

When people in the US go off to work, they don't anticipate being in a war zone, unless they are LE. So to criticize any staff member on that horrific day is uncalled for IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by human View Post
    After Columbine, my state required lockdowns almost every month in schools.

Some of the teachers there and in every school will be new without countless lockdown drills under their belts. I imagine most states have lockdown drills.

Even trained police are surprised -- in NJ three police were shot right in the police station.

When people in the US go off to work, they don't anticipate being in a war zone, unless they are LE. So to criticize any staff member on that horrific day is uncalled for IMHO.
    We as well do lockdown drills, it is law that all schools practice them and have plans in place.

I agree and will not critize any staff for what they did that day...if all the office staff could do was switch on the intercom, at least they did that to warn the others. Perhaps they were in shock and could not speak that "code" word. I have practiced our lockdown drill numerous times. Putting myself into a situation like Sandy Hook....who knows what state I would be in, I just cannot imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by matou View Post
    Lanza obsessed with Taylor Swift? A dubious source so use your discretion: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view...-Taylor-Swift/
    My brother is obsessed with Winona Ryder...and shares some of AL's other possible symptoms, except his illnesses all center around germs and washing.
    Just my opinion, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricki View Post
    Hmm... Looks like the atty had his license suspended in the past.

http://www.wnd.com/2012/12/occupy-wa...ndy-hook-cash/
    A lawyer most likely known as an "ambulance chaser". My DH prosecutes those!

Quote Originally Posted by flipflop View Post
    A lawyer who's asking to sue Connecticut for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old Newtown school shooting survivor who heard violence over the school's intercom system says the potential claim is about improving school security, not money.

"It's about living in a world that's safe," http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2381733.html

When they find that world, I hope they let us know where it is!!!! Evil can pop up anywhere at anytime, this is not the schools fault JMO
    Suing the school? Are you kidding me??

If anything this may be a ploy to make the family and AL's mental health pros to come forth with information everyone is wanting to know about

A rational lawyer would ADVISE the parents not to sue, because it's a reactionary impulse...and makes no sense at all

Smart money should be towards schools, public buildings, theatres, etc with better security systems, metal detectors, armed security guards, cameras

Heck, here in Cincinnati,OH we have retired LE officers who make peanuts as security guards for businesses, banks, etc, just to be involved and helping, feeling useful ...they don't care about making alot of money...I know several of them personally

Lanza obsessed with Taylor Swift? A dubious source so use your discretion: http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/view...-Taylor-Swift/

Alot of lunatic mass murderers had fantasy/obsessions with celebrities...John D Chapman, John Hinckley was obsessed with Jodie Foster, Charles Manson was obsessed with Sharon Tate, James Holmes was obsessed with Keely Hazell, John Gacy had celebrity obesessions, Yorkshire Ripper obsessed with Cheryl Cole, Madonna had some near misses from a crazed obsessed fan...

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Maybe there are professionals involved that are acting professional and not talking to the media.
    Maybe he was in regular therapy and the counselor/doctor told the parents to back off and give him more room to hopefully mature to a degree.
    Maybe the therapist encouraged the mother to leave him alone from time to time to break a potential dependence. Maybe it was difficult for Mom to leave her child but knew she had to as he got older. Maybe she did everything she was told to do and it didn't work.

maybe, maybe, maybe

we do not know.

Quote Originally Posted by CCmakes3 View Post
    I should clarify that I don't think that this is the case in the elementary schools, nor do I think that children that age necessarily should or could be allowed unlimited freedom to use cell phones in class. They are allowed in the middle and high schools, though. I get approximately 1-2 texts a week during school hours between my 12 and 18 yo sons, so I don't feel they are abusing the privilege.
    I have my kids wear their phones on their person with sounds completely off (no vibrate or ring) even though it is against school policy. They don't ever take it out at school, no teachers know that they keep it on their person- but I feel better about them having it in the event of an at school or after school emergency.

I tell them to respect the principle of the rule- the principle is that school is no time for cell phones. We can respect the principle of the rule and keep ourselves safer by making sure it is with us and doesn't get separated from us in our backpack. I honestly can't imagine anyone cares.

Paranoid maybe a bit, but I like to think of it as prepared

Kimberlyd125 is offline Softball is for everyone. Fast pitch is for athletes.
    My 15 year old DD brings her phone to school everyday day too even though its against the rules. She has workouts or softball practice everyday after school and I feel she needs the phone.
    It's never on unless she needs it.

I have told her if they ever have a phone check and she gets in trouble, it will be ok.

I feel better knowing she has it.
    Glove Findin'
    Uniform Washin'
    Gatorade Gettin'
    Picture Takin'
    Always Cheerin'

Softball Mom

It was discussed in one of the earlier threads and people thought that NL might have bought the car used and the registration wasn't updated.

Alta. teen held after Newtown-shooting copycat threat

http://www.ottawacitizen.com/news/Al...234/story.html

I highly doubt a US Department of Justice representative would share this info with a British tabloid.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    It was discussed in one of the earlier threads and people thought that NL might have bought the car used and the registration wasn't updated.
    From what I have read, the Connecticut license tag does NOT stay with the used car when sold.

Actually, IMO, the mental health issue is not all about money or insurance companies. The government does regulate how care is given etc. In other words NL could have believed her son was dangerous and tried to get help (hypothetically) and after a short term "hold", she may have been told that he wasn't severe enough for court ordered (involuntary) inpatient treatment. Again this is all hypothetical. But these issues do exist and bad things happen as a result. Someone like AL would not have gone into inpatient treatment voluntarily IMO. But it seems that is what he needed. MOO I doubt he would have taken meds if he were prescribed them. IMO we have gone too far in the opposite direction from when (in the 60's?IIRC) people could be committed for months for NO reason. Maybe somewhere in between would be better. JMO

Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast