1256 users online (199 members and 1057 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 1035
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,324
    IMO, NL was an educated woman, who would have sought professional services for AL. I think we will find out AL has been under psychiatric care for years. What I don't know is: will LE be able to receive ALL info pertaining to his treatment.

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,324

  3. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Born View Post
    IMO, NL was an educated woman, who would have sought professional services for AL. I think we will find out AL has been under psychiatric care for years. What I don't know is: will LE be able to receive ALL info pertaining to his treatment.
    BBM -- Most definitely. LE will need a warrant, but I have a feeling they'll be combing through the records from every physician he's ever seen. JMO

  4. #49
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    new england
    Posts
    1,605
    Quote Originally Posted by Hickory Born View Post
    From what I have read, the Connecticut license tag does NOT stay with the used car when sold.

    Absolutely CORRECT! And as somebody who "neglected" to return the tags (hey, they just got misplaced under "stuff"!) ....there are financial consequences! Depending which of the 169 towns/cities within the Ct. jurisdiction, SOME can be costly!



    http://ct.gov/dmv/cwp/view.asp?a=810...NavCtr=|#52407
    “Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succure vitae”– Giovanni Margagni

    "This is the place where death rejoices to teach those who live."-
    Giovanni Margagni

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Heart of America
    Posts
    1,571
    Quote Originally Posted by FragileSugar View Post
    In the first article, the lawyer said HE was approached by the parents within a week of the shooting. I wonder if he's waiving his fees to help create a safer world?
    Doubtful. Anyone else try an Ebay search for 'Newtown' and see what you come up with- all kinds of hucksters selling stuff with the school name on it. A lot of the listings say the proceeds are to benefit the victims' families but we only have their word for that. Some are just shameless, like the guy selling T-shirts with the school name on it and no mention of the proceeds going anywhere other than his pocket. I sent him a polite note asking about this and got a defensive huffy reply- I was 'the only person' who complained. He never answered my question so I assume he's just another creep making money on this.
    'Never stop fighting..never give up'

    Kevin Kostner as Eliott Ness in 'The Untouchables'

  6. #51
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    new england
    Posts
    1,605
    Just an FYI about medical records: Prior to performing a post, the OCME requests medical records as needed, gathering the information from the decedent's environment. SO if there is a collection of pharmacy bottles present within the death scene and environment, the pharmacy & prescribing HCP are contacted to confirm the details. Other medical records may/can/are often requested & provided prior and during the post mortem examination or after as the physical results are being evaluated. Other documentation can/will/may be present to assist the ME, i.e. response logs of EMS, Tx in the field, phone records/conversations of treating/responding parties, LE notes pertaining to the physical presentation of the decedent, OCME investigator(s) data/notes, photos, on-site ME evaluations, etc.
    Since the MEDICAL EXAMINER is a physician/pathologist (in CT.), the decedent remains a patient per se and the MEDICAL component of the record is NOT released to the general public. Supplemental records as needed can be retrieved from licensed HCPs and reviewed by specialists within sub-specialty areas (behavioral health, genetics, etc.), again under the jurisdiction of the OME thus retaining "patient" confidentiality.

    I'm a bit biased but believe that the information provided in this "brochure" is to the point:

    http://www.ct.gov/ocme/lib/ocme/docu...t_brochure.pdf

    The process of investigation these shootings is on-going with many agencies involved, many "media" (in quotes as they are NOT all reputable main stream or um, let's just say "recognized") are seeking LEAKS & "gotchas" to make headlines by an amazing variety of means and methods!
    Last edited by joypath; 12-30-2012 at 12:55 PM. Reason: spelling~
    “Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succure vitae”– Giovanni Margagni

    "This is the place where death rejoices to teach those who live."-
    Giovanni Margagni

  7. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,107
    Quote Originally Posted by flipflop View Post
    A lawyer who's asking to sue Connecticut for $100 million on behalf of a 6-year-old Newtown school shooting survivor who heard violence over the school's intercom system says the potential claim is about improving school security, not money.

    "It's about living in a world that's safe," http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1...n_2381733.html

    When they find that world, I hope they let us know where it is!!!! Evil can pop up anywhere at anytime, this is not the schools fault JMO
    This is wrong on so many levels. No doubt the little one is traumatized, but Newtown has brought in counselors for all students/staff of Sandy Hook Elementary School. Use them!

    It has been 2 days over 2 weeks since this tragedy occurred. 52 parents buried their children less than 2 weeks ago! And they have the nerve!?! Staff and teachers DIED trying to save lives and by many accounts, they saved many... including this Jill Doe's. And they have the nerve to say they didn't do enough? Why not spit on their graves? Or slap their parents in the face? I cannot believe the parents, of a child who survived, could be nothing but thankful. And to have the mindframe to even go to a lawyer?? Yeah, their motivations are to make the world a safer place... PLEASE!! It's disgusting and if it were not for the innocent child, I would ask them to be publicly shamed in front of all the families of those who did die.

    MOO
    Justice for Trayvon

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,339
    Quote Originally Posted by Abby Normal Again View Post
    I have my kids wear their phones on their person with sounds completely off (no vibrate or ring) even though it is against school policy. They don't ever take it out at school, no teachers know that they keep it on their person- but I feel better about them having it in the event of an at school or after school emergency.

    I tell them to respect the principle of the rule- the principle is that school is no time for cell phones. We can respect the principle of the rule and keep ourselves safer by making sure it is with us and doesn't get separated from us in our backpack. I honestly can't imagine anyone cares.

    Paranoid maybe a bit, but I like to think of it as prepared
    Would be nice if the companies that make the pendants for the elderly would make something for kids to wear. Would probably require gps, could be worn under clothing and can be activated with a press of the finger, unobtrusively. This would avoid having to get the phone out and make a call. This would be nice for teachers and administration as well and can be activated anywhere on the school grounds. Wow, I think that would be awesome!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,339
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    This is wrong on so many levels. No doubt the little one is traumatized, but Newtown has brought in counselors for all students/staff of Sandy Hook Elementary School. Use them!

    It has been 2 days over 2 weeks since this tragedy occurred. 52 parents buried their children less than 2 weeks ago! And they have the nerve!?! Staff and teachers DIED trying to save lives and by many accounts, they saved many... including this Jill Doe's. And they have the nerve to say they didn't do enough? Why not spit on their graves? Or slap their parents in the face? I cannot believe the parents, of a child who survived, could be nothing but thankful. And to have the mindframe to even go to a lawyer?? Yeah, their motivations are to make the world a safer place... PLEASE!! It's disgusting and if it were not for the innocent child, I would ask them to be publicly shamed in front of all the families of those who did die.

    MOO
    I wouldn't be too quick to blame the parents. Remember the attorney has a lot to gain also and as another poster mentioned, the attorney has been disciplined in the past by the law board. Guarantee either this attorney approached the family or had someone do it for him!

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    Would be nice if the companies that make the pendants for the elderly would make something for kids to wear. Would probably require gps, could be worn under clothing and can be activated with a press of the finger, unobtrusively. This would avoid having to get the phone out and make a call. This would be nice for teachers and administration as well and can be activated anywhere on the school grounds. Wow, I think that would be awesome!
    I like the idea, but I like the idea of a teacher having a "panic button" of sorts more than giving them out to children. Only because children can be little pranksters and you'd have schools all over the country surrounded by SWAT teams. One dare to hit the switch would be enough for a child to press the button. Or a Senior prank. A panic button, like they have in gas stations, would be ideal for teachers though. Let's get it done!
    Justice for Trayvon


  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    I wouldn't be too quick to blame the parents. Remember the attorney has a lot to gain also and as another poster mentioned, the attorney has been disciplined in the past by the law board. Guarantee either this attorney approached the family or had someone do it for him!
    http://news.yahoo.com/claim-seeks-10...003646074.html

    Pinsky said he was approached by the child's parents within a week of the shooting.
    Justice for Trayvon

  12. #57
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    new england
    Posts
    1,605




    Irving J. keeps himself AND his law office very busy!


    Here's a quick glance @ the business under the LAW office Juris number 419163

    http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/AttyCaseListSearch.aspx

    And cases just under HIS juris number, 101271

    http://civilinquiry.jud.ct.gov/AttyCaseListSearch.aspx


    Please note: these are PUBLIC records and are only civil/family, there are older cases in other categories!
    “Hic locus est ubi mors gaudet succure vitae”– Giovanni Margagni

    "This is the place where death rejoices to teach those who live."-
    Giovanni Margagni

  13. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,339
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    http://news.yahoo.com/claim-seeks-10...003646074.html

    Pinsky said he was approached by the child's parents within a week of the shooting.
    Of course he would say that.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,339
    Quote Originally Posted by LolaMoon08 View Post
    I like the idea, but I like the idea of a teacher having a "panic button" of sorts more than giving them out to children. Only because children can be little pranksters and you'd have schools all over the country surrounded by SWAT teams. One dare to hit the switch would be enough for a child to press the button. Or a Senior prank. A panic button, like they have in gas stations, would be ideal for teachers though. Let's get it done!
    <modsnip>Agree children having the panic buttons would be a mess, but teachers and all administrative/janitorial staff should have something that could activate response immediately without having to notify the main office.

    ETA: would be best to have a 'panic button' that is worn on the person. A panic button on a wall panel would require a person to reach it in order to use it and that might be fatal. This type of alarm system could also be set up to activate a recording of sirens as one member suggested. That might cause a perp to flee. I think it would be worth the effort!
    Last edited by JBean; 12-30-2012 at 04:07 PM. Reason: removed comment

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    7,107
    Quote Originally Posted by Isabelle View Post
    <modsnip>Agree children having the panic buttons would be a mess, but teachers and all administrative/janitorial staff should have something that could activate response immediately without having to notify the main office.

    ETA: would be best to have a 'panic button' that is worn on the person. A panic button on a wall panel would require a person to reach it in order to use it and that might be fatal. This type of alarm system could also be set up to activate a recording of sirens as one member suggested. That might cause a perp to flee. I think it would be worth the effort!
    Some gas stations do have them on their attendants. It wasn't around the neck, but on the waistband like a beeper. I also think it would be worth the effort. I wonder if it could set off some kind of silent alarm throughout the school to other teachers in order to get a faster response to lock downs? With all the technology we have today... it has to be possible.
    Justice for Trayvon

Page 4 of 69 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #11
    By fran in forum CT - Newtown Sandy Hook Elementary School
    Replies: 1526
    Last Post: 03-08-2017, 05:35 PM
  2. Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #9
    By fran in forum CT - Newtown Sandy Hook Elementary School
    Replies: 511
    Last Post: 12-29-2012, 12:56 PM
  3. Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #8
    By fran in forum CT - Newtown Sandy Hook Elementary School
    Replies: 960
    Last Post: 12-24-2012, 03:00 PM
  4. Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen #5
    By fran in forum CT - Newtown Sandy Hook Elementary School
    Replies: 1054
    Last Post: 12-18-2012, 10:45 AM
  5. Connecticut school district on lockdown after shooting report at a Newtown elemen-#4
    By fran in forum CT - Newtown Sandy Hook Elementary School
    Replies: 1058
    Last Post: 12-17-2012, 01:58 AM

Tags for this Thread