774 users online (67 members and 707 guests)  

Websleuths News

'Twilight' named worst movie of all time

http://entertainment.nbcnews.com/_ne...-all-time?lite

No one knows bad movies like alums of "Mystery Science Theater 3000" -- and they say that Bella and Edward's vampire love makes for the worst movie -- er, movie series -- of all time............

more at link....

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

I agree. I have tried to watch the first two installments several times and have never made it more than 45 minutes into either.

I find them extremly vapid, characters one dimensional, and plot predictable and yawn inducing.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

There's so much hatred towards these books/films, sometimes I think people just jump on the bandwagon to feel superior or something. On other websites I frequent, it seems like people actually go out of their way just to make their hate known! Granted, many of these are teenagers. What gets me is I often see the Twilight bashers flaunting around their love of My Little Pony. For real?

I haven't seen many movie "series". I did watch the first film, barely made it through. Have not bothered with the rest. Definitely not great, but worst of all time? I dunno... Sometimes I don't think the books deserve as much hatred as they get. Seems like a lot of hate is simply because it's "cool" to dislike Twilight.

Michaela Garecht | Misty Copsey | Scott Kleeschulte | Kyron Horman | Baby Kate | Mickey Shunick

Well it's no Casablanca or The Princess Bride, but the worst EVER?

Puh -leeze!

Clash of the Titans, anyone? How about Manos: The Hands of Fate?

There are lists and lists and lists of much worse movies.

Ohhh, I love me some MST3k!!!

Manos is definitely worst of the worst... But anyone remember Monster-A-Go-Go, or Space Mutiny?
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

I think a case can be made that the Twilight movies are actually worse than, say, Manos, because Twilight actually had a budget, real actors, and a script that, at least in theory, was written/adapted by an actual writer. With all that in its favor it really should have been better.

manos, on the other hand, IIRC, was made on a bet by a fertilizer salesman (for reals ), so it's to be expected that it's bad (and it really, really is).
    Last edited by Gardenlady; 12-29-2012 at 11:37 PM.
    “Peace is not the product of terror or fear. Peace is not the silence of cemeteries. Peace is not the silent result of violent repression. Peace is the generous, tranquil contribution of all to the good of all." -Abp Oscar Romero

Quote Originally Posted by angelmom View Post
    Well it's no Casablanca or The Princess Bride, but the worst EVER?

Puh -leeze!

Clash of the Titans, anyone? How about Manos: The Hands of Fate?

There are lists and lists and lists of much worse movies.
    Sometimes I really enjoy campy or bad movies, simply because they are SO undisputably bad and SO seemingly unabashedly unaware of their own badness.

For me, this series does not fall into that catagory. It is not bad enough to be good in that way, and therefor, IMO worse.

I am not hating on the fans but rather on the series. It is simply my own opinion and, I thought, the topic of this thread.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Wagara is offline Wishin' and hopin’ and thinkin’ and prayin’...
    Its hard to take this serious once you've watched that Kelly and Justin movie!
    Whatever I say...It's only my opinion.

Sorry kids - the worst movie of all time is 'When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth'. Truly awful.

Years ago, when we lived in Chicago, a suburban college (Wm Rainey Harper in ? Palatine maybe) held the World's Worst Film Festival. Held in the dead of winter, it cost $3 to get in. The audience was encouraged to boo and throw spitballs. IF you managed to sit through all three films - you got your $$ back.

IT. WAS. AWESOME!! So much fun. The three films the year I went were Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Horror at Party Beach and Plan Nine from Outer Space. Highly recommended if you're into terrible movies.

Horror at Party Beach was on MST3K also...truly awful lol.

Killer Tomatoes was one we used to regularly rent on VHS during junior high sleepovers..SO bad, still remember the shot of a handful of tomatoes bubbling up and down in a kitchen sink drain. We were laughing so hard we coukdnt figure out why that was supposed to be scary lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Gardenlady View Post
    Horror at Party Beach was on MST3K also...truly awful lol.

Killer Tomatoes was one we used to regularly rent on VHS during junior high sleepovers..SO bad, still remember the shot of a handful of tomatoes bubbling up and down in a kitchen sink drain. We were laughing so hard we coukdnt figure out why that was supposed to be scary lol..
    When the undercover tomato asks for the ketchup??? Laughed myself into an asthma attack. Totally worth it.

I really enjoyed the twi movies! But Kristen Stewart was horrible in each and every one. I'm more of a Taylor Lautner fan myself

But Bella? OMGosh - she's expressionless -- whether she's supposed to be happy, mad, angry, or sad -- same face, same blank stare. It's painful to watch.

Worst movie ever? Nahh....

MOO

Mel

The worst movie I ever saw was Pokeman. I took the boys there when they were young and thought I would never make it through. And as we walked out they said "Mom, wasn't that the best movie you ever saw?"

I have to say that the worst movie I ever was was "Nothing But Trouble" which starred Demi Moore, Chevey Chase, Dan Ackroyd and many other well known actors. I can't even begin to explain how painfully bad it was. How on earth did these talented people allow this movie to be made? I'm STILL shaking my head on that one.

As fopr Twilight.. never saw it, never read it. I'm just not into vampires or love stories.
    SwampMama

GUILTY!!!

Cyrus C. convicted of 2004 arson in Harvey, La. that killed 4 people, including his 19-month-old daughter, his teenage girlfriend, the girlfriend's mom and GF's young brother (age 11). He was acquitted in 2008 (state charges) in 2008 and found GUILTY (federal charges) in 2013

http://www.nola.com/crime/index.ssf/...d_of_2004.html

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie View Post
    I really enjoyed the twi movies! But Kristen Stewart was horrible in each and every one. I'm more of a Taylor Lautner fan myself

But Bella? OMGosh - she's expressionless -- whether she's supposed to be happy, mad, angry, or sad -- same face, same blank stare. It's painful to watch.

Worst movie ever? Nahh....

MOO

Mel
    I agree with you!Kristen Stewart always has that look on her face like she is smelling poop.Not a good actress in my opinion.