'Twilight' named worst movie of all time

I agree. I have tried to watch the first two installments several times and have never made it more than 45 minutes into either.

I find them extremly vapid, characters one dimensional, and plot predictable and yawn inducing.

There's so much hatred towards these books/films, sometimes I think people just jump on the bandwagon to feel superior or something. On other websites I frequent, it seems like people actually go out of their way just to make their hate known! Granted, many of these are teenagers. What gets me is I often see the Twilight bashers flaunting around their love of My Little Pony. For real?

I haven't seen many movie "series". I did watch the first film, barely made it through. Have not bothered with the rest. Definitely not great, but worst of all time? I dunno... Sometimes I don't think the books deserve as much hatred as they get. Seems like a lot of hate is simply because it's "cool" to dislike Twilight.

Well it's no Casablanca or The Princess Bride, but the worst EVER?

Puh -leeze!

Clash of the Titans, anyone? How about Manos: The Hands of Fate?

There are lists and lists and lists of much worse movies.

Ohhh, I love me some MST3k!!!

Manos is definitely worst of the worst... But anyone remember Monster-A-Go-Go, or Space Mutiny? :lol:

I think a case can be made that the Twilight movies are actually worse than, say, Manos, because Twilight actually had a budget, real actors, and a script that, at least in theory, was written/adapted by an actual writer. With all that in its favor it really should have been better.

manos, on the other hand, IIRC, was made on a bet by a fertilizer salesman (for reals :lol: ), so it's to be expected that it's bad (and it really, really is).

Well it's no Casablanca or The Princess Bride, but the worst EVER?

Puh -leeze!

Clash of the Titans, anyone? How about Manos: The Hands of Fate?

There are lists and lists and lists of much worse movies.

Sometimes I really enjoy campy or bad movies, simply because they are SO undisputably bad and SO seemingly unabashedly unaware of their own badness.

For me, this series does not fall into that catagory. It is not bad enough to be good in that way, and therefor, IMO worse.

I am not hating on the fans but rather on the series. It is simply my own opinion and, I thought, the topic of this thread.

Its hard to take this serious once you've watched that Kelly and Justin movie!

Sorry kids - the worst movie of all time is 'When Dinosaurs Ruled the Earth'. Truly awful.

Years ago, when we lived in Chicago, a suburban college (Wm Rainey Harper in ? Palatine maybe) held the World's Worst Film Festival. Held in the dead of winter, it cost $3 to get in. The audience was encouraged to boo and throw spitballs. IF you managed to sit through all three films - you got your $$ back.

IT. WAS. AWESOME!! So much fun. The three films the year I went were Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Horror at Party Beach and Plan Nine from Outer Space. Highly recommended if you're into terrible movies.

Horror at Party Beach was on MST3K also...truly awful lol.

Killer Tomatoes was one we used to regularly rent on VHS during junior high sleepovers..SO bad, still remember the shot of a handful of tomatoes bubbling up and down in a kitchen sink drain. We were laughing so hard we coukdnt figure out why that was supposed to be scary lol.. :waitasec:

Horror at Party Beach was on MST3K also...truly awful lol.

Killer Tomatoes was one we used to regularly rent on VHS during junior high sleepovers..SO bad, still remember the shot of a handful of tomatoes bubbling up and down in a kitchen sink drain. We were laughing so hard we coukdnt figure out why that was supposed to be scary lol.. :waitasec:

When the undercover tomato asks for the ketchup??? Laughed myself into an asthma attack. Totally worth it.

I really enjoyed the twi movies! But Kristen Stewart was horrible in each and every one. I'm more of a Taylor Lautner fan myself ;)

But Bella? OMGosh - she's expressionless -- whether she's supposed to be happy, mad, angry, or sad -- same face, same blank stare. It's painful to watch.

Worst movie ever? Nahh....

MOO

Mel

The worst movie I ever saw was Pokeman. I took the boys there when they were young and thought I would never make it through. And as we walked out they said "Mom, wasn't that the best movie you ever saw?"

:gasp:

I have to say that the worst movie I ever was was "Nothing But Trouble" which starred Demi Moore, Chevey Chase, Dan Ackroyd and many other well known actors. I can't even begin to explain how painfully bad it was. How on earth did these talented people allow this movie to be made? I'm STILL shaking my head on that one.

As fopr Twilight.. never saw it, never read it. I'm just not into vampires or love stories.

I really enjoyed the twi movies! But Kristen Stewart was horrible in each and every one. I'm more of a Taylor Lautner fan myself ;)

But Bella? OMGosh - she's expressionless -- whether she's supposed to be happy, mad, angry, or sad -- same face, same blank stare. It's painful to watch.

Worst movie ever? Nahh....

MOO

Mel

I agree with you!Kristen Stewart always has that look on her face like she is smelling poop.Not a good actress in my opinion.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
L1752
Back