1189 users online (231 members and 958 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

TX - Jaime Melgar, 52, slain in staged home invasion, Houston, 23 Dec 2012

http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?id=8930172

The couple was discovered by relatives who showed up at their home for an anniversary celebration. They found the garage door open and went inside.

Jaime, 52, was tied up in a closet. He had been stabbed to death, officials said.

His wife, Sandra, 53, told investigators she blacked out in a bathroom and then woke up in another closet restrained, but alive.
    This happened in Houston, cops aren't saying if anything was missing or if home was broken in to. Wife says she and Hubby were in the bathroom together when she blacked out then woke up in a closet,( not the same closet Hubby was found in).

I think I need to hear more about this "black out" of this wife....

Hmmmmm?

JMO

SmoothOperator is offline Sadly what connects all these puzzles is that there's a victim@the heart of each
    hmmm..interesting and fishy, but found the daughter commenting at below link that mom has epilepsy so that may help explain...she certainly appears to indicate it is an actual home invasion/robbery/murder.. sad it was the couples anniversary... guess we'll wait to hear more hopefully..

http://writingshares.com/houston-and...gar-assaulted/
    The quickest way to become a fool is to argue with one..

It said the wife was 'restrained.' How restrained was she ? Tight enough that she couldn't have tied it herself?
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

My condolences to the family. RIP Jaime.
    Last edited by LaborDayRN; 12-30-2012 at 01:53 AM. Reason: spelling error

Quote Originally Posted by IHAVENOCLUE View Post
    I think I need to hear more about this "black out" of this wife.... Hmmmmm?
    http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?id=8930172
    "Ms. Melgar says they were in the bathroom together, her and her husband, and at some time she blacked out and the next thing she remembers is waking up in the closet tied up," said Sgt. Robert Spurgeon with the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
    BBM

Huh? Does the wife mean that coincidentally she blacked out just before the house was broken into? And then she came to after the attackers left, completely missing everything? Exactly how long was she 'out' for, anyway? Hmmmmm is right!

How odd to have put them into two separate closets. I'm suspicious of this, too, unless they were separated and threatened in attempts to find money. Maybe the woman couldn't be roused after blacking out and that kept her from getting killed.

Quote Originally Posted by txsvicki View Post
    How odd to have put them into two separate closets. I'm suspicious of this, too, unless they were separated and threatened in attempts to find money. Maybe the woman couldn't be roused after blacking out and that kept her from getting killed.
    If she has epilepsy, they might have thought she was having a heart attack or something. Home invasion robbers are often not too bright.
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

If the robbers bumped her on the head, she could have memory loss during the time frame surrounding the incident.
    Just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by jjenny View Post
    If the robbers bumped her on the head, she could have memory loss during the time frame surrounding the incident.
    There's be no way for the robbers to know that if the wife was conscious at the time of the alleged home invasion, though. If she was awake, presumably they'd kill her just like they killed her husband, not just restrained her.

It sounds to me like she is saying that a home invasion must have happened at some point after she blacked out. When she blacked out, hubby was there with her, right? If someone invaded the home before the bathroom incident, her story would not begin in the bathroom. It would begin with someone else in the home or maybe they heard someone trying to get in. If they had been hiding from an intruder or forced in to the bathroom why would her story begin with the blackout?

MOO

Am I the only one thinking that this sounds like the backstory from "Memento"?

Quote Originally Posted by PaulR View Post
    Am I the only one thinking that this sounds like the backstory from "Memento"?
    I watched Momento recently.
    I'll never get those 2 hours of my life back.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just striving to be average.

need a little more information here.....if her and her husband were in the bathroom around 1 am and family members found her Sunday evening, how long was she "blacked out"? She never tried to get out of the closet? She laid there restrained for over 12+ hours? Didn't she have to use the bathroom?

Nothing makes any sense.

-----

she blacked out in the bathroom at around 1 a.m

discovery was made by family members later that afternoon

Read more at http://newsfixnow.com/2012/12/24/cou...0lH8gHjE7fo.99
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scorekeeper View Post
    need a little more information here.....if her and her husband were in the bathroom around 1 am and family members found her Sunday evening, how long was she "blacked out"? She never tried to get out of the closet? She laid there restrained for over 12+ hours? Didn't she have to use the bathroom?

Nothing makes any sense.

-----

she blacked out in the bathroom at around 1 a.m

discovery was made by family members later that afternoon

Read more at http://newsfixnow.com/2012/12/24/cou...0lH8gHjE7fo.99

Maybe that's what she was doing in the bathroom when she blacked out?

For that matter, why would intruders move her to a closet at all? If she was unconscious in the bathroom they could have tied her up and left her there.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast