Australia Australia - Jennifer Kilkenny, 34, Brisbane, 1 Jan 2012

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Last seen on the morning of Sunday the 1st of January 2012. At around 11am she left her boyfriends house at Zillmere to return to her parents house and her children at Banyo. Jennifer was driving a Red Hyundai sedan which has since been located at Brighton Park, Brisbane. Extensive land and air seaches of the surrounding area failed to locate Jennifer. Extensive inquiries have failed to provide any further information on Jennifer's whereabouts.

http://www.police.qld.gov.au/News+and+Alerts/missingPersons/e_k/kilkennyJM.htm

KILKENNY.jpg

January 10, 2012,

Jennifer Kilkenny was last seen on Sunday January 1 at a residence on Coxon Street, Zillmere and was believed to be heading to a Musgrave Street address in Banyo.

Ms Kilkenny has not been seen since, and has not been in contact with anyone since.

http://www.australianmissingpersonsregister.com/JenniferKilkenny.htm

ETA: It seems the spelling of the street names in the above are incorrect. They should read Coxen Street & Musgrave Road.

JenniferKilkenny.jpg

I can't believe I haven't seen anything in the news about this and I'm a local (I live a few suburbs away). It's so sad that there's no media interest in her case, and she's been missing for almost a year! Her poor children, not knowing where their mother is for this long. It doesn't even seem to be a case that local LE are bothering to look into; they didn't door knock the area she went missing in and there's been no searches.

I'm a little skeptical on the details though, I don't believe there's any way she could have gone missing on the 5/10 minute drive from Zillmere to Banyo. Any route she would have traveled would have had moderate to heavy traffic at that time of the morning (at least one of the roads she would have had to take is a main road), and any back streets she could have taken go through heavily populated areas, it's a very suburban area. If she had gone 'missing' on this trip someone would have to have seen something. Car jacking is not really an option either, it doesn't happen around here.

In light of this, I believe there are only two options. The first, she never left Zillmere (I hope her boyfriend has been thoroughly investigated). And second, she was not really headed to Banyo and something happened to her at a secondary location.

Also, if you have a look on Google maps (I'm not sure how to get a map here), you'll see that Brighton Park is absolutely not 'on the way' from Zillmere to Banyo, it's actually in the opposite direction, so there's not really a reasonable explanation for her car to end up there unless someone moved it there (or she was heading in that direction and not really going to Banyo).

I hope Jennifer is found, for her children's sake. My thoughts are with all who have had to cope with this tragedy. :candle:

I'd never even heard of this!

I always wonder why people don't utilize social media when people go missing??

Hey Everybody - comments under articles or from social media are considered RUMOR. If you want to discuss them as fact, you need to link them to MSM or LE.

Putting out info that someone has been found, a case has been closed, or a missing child is a runaway can cause serious damage to a case BECAUSE the public stops looking for the person.

Please do NOT do that here.

Thanks so much,

Salem

It's so sad to see there's been no updates since January. There's very little information out there about her disappearance, and I'm not entirely sure if LE has anything to go on. It's now been a year and still absolutely nothing. :shakehead:

Where do we go from here? There's really not much to go by.

I'm hoping for a break in the case, her children deserve to know where their mum is. This first Christmas without her must have been incredibly difficult.

I just came across this case on FB tonight. I thought I'd heard of most Australian missing persons cases, but had never heard of this one. So little media coverage?!?

I am so intrigued by this case! It hasn't been referred to inquest, and it's almost as if everyone has given up - but it seems unlikely that she is alive! Where to possibly start?

I live in this suburb so I’ve ducked down to Brighton park, and with the lack of publicity and the looks of this place, (MOO) she might have come down here to say goodbye. It’s thick and impenetrable with mangroves and on the water. I don’t think she would be in the water, but possibly in the mangroves :( It’s a beautiful and peaceful place.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back