Question for websleuthers who've solved cases

justthinkin

Reaction score
I would like to know which law enforcement agencies or civilian agencies are most likely to give credit to Websleuthers for helping solve a crime, state police, local police, FBI, NCIC, Doe, Charley Project, NAMUS or other?

We know we're a valuable resource, some of you more valuable than moi, for sure. I believe credit should be given where credit is due whenever a sleuther provides info that results in a closed case. I bet Tricia would quite agree with that too.

jt
proud to be a member of the Websleuths community

It really does vary. I've seen thanks from all kinds of organizations and others who just ignore thank yous completely. I think it just depends on the people themselves.

I think you will definitely find sleuthers who choose not to have an agency or a family recognize them per se.

The thing is, the agencies know how good we are and in the land of LE, low key is best imo. Unclaimed is a good example of one of the partnerships we have. Again, jmo. :)

Making a match requires effort and input from many people, from the people who processed the UID's scene to the reconstruction artists and the lab workers who process DNA and the MEs and LEs who track down old reports and people's relatives and all the rest. It always seemed to me that submitting the tip was only a small part of a very large team effort. The only match I've submitted so far I'll probably never know about because it involves someone's privacy and would probably never be made public.

I think you will definitely find sleuthers who choose not to have an agency or a family recognize them per se.

The thing is, the agencies know how good we are and in the land of LE, low key is best imo. Unclaimed is a good example of one of the partnerships we have. Again, jmo. :)

Actually I was asking about giving the Websleuths website credit, and not in particular, an individual. It didn't come out right.

Actually I was asking about giving the Websleuths website credit, and not in particular, an individual. It didn't come out right.

Respectfully, I think you will find the answer the same. What is heartening to me and most telling? The rise in jurisdictions who are willing to turn to and or hire civilian investigators. :rocker:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back