1150 users online (229 members and 921 guests)  

Websleuths News

KS - Jennifer Lancaster, 20, Sidney Smith, 1, Monique Smith, 1 mo, Topeka,12 May 2000

Jennifer Lancaster

City Topeka
    State Kansas
    Zip code
    County Shawnee
    Unknown. Jennifer left her residence at approximately at 8pm on May 12, 2000 to go to a male acquaintance's home and never arrived. Her vehicle was found abandoned in an apartment complex.
    Her older daughter Sidney Kieara Smith (1 year old at time of disappearance): https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/11470

Her baby daughter Monique Rae Smith (1 month at time of disappearance): https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/11471

Just stumbled on Jennifer's file in NamUs and was trying to pull up info about her when I found that her two daughters are also missing....though this info is left out of her file.
    I can't find any news articles or anything about this woman and her babies. Did anybody even search for these babies??
    So sad ....Where is Jennifer and her little ones Sidney and Monique???

*also noted that she is listed as white whereas her girls are listed as african american.....
    Last edited by KateB; 04-08-2015 at 02:02 AM. Reason: add photo.
    "Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
    -Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh

Not again!

Oh, no, the oft-repeated phrase "leaving for the home of a male acquaintance."

Peace to the three and their families!

It's just bizarre to me that a young woman and her 2 infant daughters are missing and there's absolutely NO information about them. I can't even find any newspaper coverage? I'm not being judgmental when I say this because I obviously don't know the background information, but I really expected to see family, friends, former classmates, SOMEONE putting information out there - even just a facebook page. From the digging I've done, it looks like the place she was last seen departing from was her parents' house (possibly where she lived as well?) which leads me to believe she was still in contact with her family. But we don't even have pictures of one of the little girls.

So I'm new to all of this (in terms of actually doing research on my own). What does one do in situations such as this?
    There are multiple sites listing Jennifer's case file, all with varying degrees of missing or inaccurate information.

Some sites say she was 18, some say 20. Some mention her daughters, some don't. There seems to be only one picture of Jennifer; sometimes you see a picture of Monique but none of Keira.

I know she has family that still regularly posts memorials to the girls on their facebook pages, so I know they still care and still want to find them. There seems to be at least one additional picture of Jennifer as well as a picture of Keira.

Contacting the family seems awful and intrusive and I really don't think I'd be comfortable with it, but at the same time there are so many gaps that could easily be filled in. These girls seem to have a huge, close-knit family that misses and loves them very much.

It also feels like this is a story/cold case that news agencies would devour if they were aware of it, but I can't see where it ever made the news, even back then. In a town no bigger than Topeka, any coverage at all would surely have some sort of impact?