Good Gourd! It's Louis IVI of France!

Quiche

Reaction score
Blood of Louis XVI 'found in gourd container'

A team of scientists have said they believe an old gourd contains the blood of French King Louis XVI.

The monarch was killed by guillotine by French revolutionaries more than 200 years ago, on 21 January 1793.

The scientists said the DNA is very similar to genetic material from what is believed to be the mummified head of an earlier French king, AFP reports.

After Louis XVI's beheading many spectators were reported to have dipped their handkerchiefs in his blood.

I just love the work of DNA-- how interesting!

I have a bit of charcoal related to be from the destruction of The Great Fire of London, in 1666. It's in a glassed display box with a letter from the family who owned it in, I believe, the 1840s, stating the case for its authenticity.

Doesn't top Louis XVI in a gourd though. Alas, no DNA to prove or disprove it.

Relics of the charcoal sort have a long-storied history, as do fakes of same.

I have a bit of charcoal related to be from the destruction of The Great Fire of London, in 1666. It's in a glassed display box with a letter from the family who owned it in, I believe, the 1840s, stating the case for its authenticity.

Doesn't top Louis XVI in a gourd though. Alas, no DNA to prove or disprove it.

Relics of the charcoal sort have a long-storied history, as do fakes of same.

That's so cool if it's not a fake. There must be a way to check for authenticity? Have you ever taken it to these antique shops? Professional ones, of course. There used to be a show called the Antique Road Show. Is it sill on? Anyhoo, it could be worth mucho $$. Who knows.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back