Page 1 of 59 123456789101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Canada -*arrests* Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia ON, 31 Dec 2012

Canada -*arrests* Noelle Paquette, 27, Sarnia ON, 31 Dec 2012

Police report that Noelle Paquette, 27, was last seen in the area of Lochiel and Christina streets in downtown Sarnia after leaving a party in the area. She was walking southbound on Christina.

http://www.theobserver.ca/2013/01/01...ng-27-year-old

2. The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to jellybeanz For This Useful Post:

The police were on this one pretty quickly. She disappeared after a New Year's party. She was last seen on Christina, which is a main street, with many storefronts. I presume they have looked at security camera tapes from various businesses.

Based on tweets, it sounds like Noelle is a well-liked kindergarten teacher. Several of her acquaintances are tweeting about her missing. Hopefully she went off somewhere for New Year's Day and will show up soon.

From the Observer link above:

“Where there is love there is life.”
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi

4. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Snoopster For This Useful Post:

Facebook "event" page for Noelle: https://www.facebook.com/events/459630630750974/
    FOR THE MISSING: PACIFIC NORTHWEST - Highlighting missing persons in the Pacific Northwest - www.facebook.com/missingnorthwest / www.twitter.com/MissingNW
    STILL DOING IT FOR DYLAN GROENE. REST IN PEACE.

HELP FIND MISSING 7-YEAR-OLD PATRICK ALFORD.

FOOTY/SOCCER FAN? Join us here.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SheWhoMustNotBeNamed For This Useful Post:

missing poster from the above FB page:

~ Mahatma Gandhi

8. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Snoopster For This Useful Post:

I hope this gal just found a place to continue enjoying the New Year... And will be home soon!

10. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to IHAVENOCLUE For This Useful Post:

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to enzeder For This Useful Post:

from the 'FB event' page:

- police are organizing a search at 8:30 (or 9:00) in the morning and the public is welcome to participate. They will have a command post set up.

- it sounds like Noelle left the party on foot, saying she was going to walk home. she lives in Courtright, a village about 10 miles south along the river from where she was last seen. The last person known to have seen her, a female, tried to convince her to take a ride, but Noelle refused and insisted on walking. It sounds like she was upset about something.

- Noelle's father is a retired border agent, so the border staff have been notified (the bridge to Port Huron Michigan is only about a mile north of where Noelle was last seen).

- Noelle's sister is a police officer. This might have been part of the reason why there was such a quick response (and also because Noelle headed out walking and never made it home).

There has already been a tremendous community response.
    ~ Mahatma Gandhi

14. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Snoopster For This Useful Post:

This is happening about an 1.15 away from me so sad. I am hoping to go help with the search after work today.

I can not figure out how it seems almost normal to some that she would walk home? I am not yet sure how to post maps. But in google maps it is saying her last seen location (Christina St/Lochiel St - Courtright) is 20.5 km & A 26min drive. Wouldnt that take hours to walk & in this weather??

16. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to thisgirl For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by thisgirl View Post
    This is happening about an 1.15 away from me so sad. I am hoping to go help with the search after work today.

I can not figure out how it seems almost normal to some that she would walk home? I am not yet sure how to post maps. But in google maps it is saying her last seen location (Christina St/Lochiel St - Courtright) is 20.5 km & A 26min drive. Wouldnt that take hours to walk & in this weather??
    It's normal to consider 15 min a mile. Then add in her condition and the weather. Makes for a very bad decision...and she should have been stopped or the authorities called out of concern. IMO. If the truth. Cell phone?

Hope she is found safe.

18. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Quote Originally Posted by SheWhoMustNotBeNamed View Post
    Facebook "event" page for Noelle: https://www.facebook.com/events/459630630750974/
    Per link. Her cell phone was found on the ground. Didn't say where tho.

20. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Per link. Her cell phone was found on the ground. Didn't say where tho.
    Haven't seen that yet (!!!!) & I have been (attempting to) following the group since it started. Wow, that would be quite significant if it were true I would think?? The group is actually very difficult to follow unfortunately. I am sure people are doing their best & with great intentions, but it's quite disorganized at the moment. :/

Seems to be very little ways to determine what is fact/rumour at this point.

Heartbreaking that there are over 8000 people in the group & yet this poor girl was alone & didn't arrive home safely

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thisgirl For This Useful Post:

It's normal to consider 15 min a mile. Then add in her condition and the weather. Makes for a very bad decision...and she should have been stopped or the authorities called out of concern. IMO. If the truth. Cell phone?

Hope she is found safe.
    A friend on the FB page stated that her blackberry goes straight to voice mail, meaning the battery is dead or the phone is off.

24. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flipflop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by flipflop View Post
    A friend on the FB page stated that her blackberry goes straight to voice mail, meaning the battery is dead or the phone is off.
    Or it's an 'open' line, or possibly voice mail full ?

26. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tucarra For This Useful Post:

It is not normal that someone would walk home from where she was to where she lives. It is very far, probably a 3 hour walk at least. Apparently she was at a party and got into a fight with her boyfriend and left. A friend told her to get a ride home and she refused and said she was walking.
    Last edited by captaincanada; 01-02-2013 at 12:26 PM. Reason: time

28. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to captaincanada For This Useful Post:

Now saying the phone was found on Maria St. and a hospital.

https://www.facebook.com/events/459630630750974/

30. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to hollyblue For This Useful Post:

Not a good sign if true considering she would have been walking in the opposite direction.

32. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to captaincanada For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by captaincanada View Post
    It is not normal that someone would walk home from where she was to where she lives. It is very far, probably a 3 hour walk at least. Apparently she was at a party and got into a fight with her boyfriend and left. A friend told her to get a ride home and she refused and said she was walking.
    That's what I have been reading as well. What I meant but the "normal / not normal" comment was: last night a few people were discussing on the fb page that in that area it would be a 3 hour wait for a taxi & that walking wouldnt be out of the question. I didnt participate in the discussion personally was just while reading it.

34. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to thisgirl For This Useful Post:

Not sure what is fact coming from a FB group, but another said the last signal of her phone came from Maria St near the hospital. A searcher knocking of this ladies door told her so.

Anyone good with maps, is this area on her walk home, or completly out of her way?

36. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to flipflop For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by captaincanada View Post
    Not a good sign if true considering she would have been walking in the opposite direction.
    & while still not confirmed, it's a pretty big statement to post on the fb page.

38. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to thisgirl For This Useful Post:

Not sure what is fact coming from a FB group, but another said the last signal of her phone came from Maria St near the hospital. A searcher knocking of this ladies door told her so.

Anyone good with maps, is this area on her walk home, or completly out of her way?
    The area you are talking about is the opposite direction of where she was supposedly heading.

40. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to captaincanada For This Useful Post:

& while still not confirmed, it's a pretty big statement to post on the fb page.
    Yes, best off to wait for the police to disclose any info about the phone. We all know how quickly information can get turned around quickly.

42. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to captaincanada For This Useful Post:

There's now an open FB group as well as the page

https://www.facebook.com/groups/400794263335079/

44. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Wolf Dreamer For This Useful Post:

This page may also be of some use, it publishes Lambton County alerts/updates

http://www.facebook.com/LambtonAlerts?ref=ts&fref=ts

46. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolf Dreamer For This Useful Post:

48. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Wolf Dreamer For This Useful Post:

I have just gotten home from searching for Noelle. She went missing 2 blocks from my house. There are hundreds of volunteers out going door to door and looking in all the wooded areas, parks etc.

She was attempting to walk home to her house in Cortright which is about 20 kms away. So, realistically the geographic area is huge.

50. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to airplanelamp For This Useful Post:

Page 1 of 59 123456789101151 ... LastLast