1398 users online (337 members and 1061 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WI - Nick Wilcox, 24, Milwaukee, 1-Jan-2013

Snipped from http://fox6now.com/2013/01/02/milwau...d-missing-man/

Milwaukee police are searching for 24-year-old Nick Wilcox who was last seen outside the Irish Rec Room on Old World 3rd St. early Tuesday morning, January 1st.

Nick is described as being about 6’2″ tall, 180 lbs, with blonde hair and blue eyes.

Nick Wilcox’s girlfriend tells FOX6 News that she was out with Nick and a few other friends celebrating the New Year at the Irish Rec Room when Nick suddenly disappeared. She says the bouncer at the bar saw Nick leave with another man in a red shirt between 1 a.m. and 3 a.m.

Found the location of bar. Young male, drinking near a river/body of water: not liking this combination.

[IMG][/IMG]

Is there easy access to the riverfront from the bar? The street view on Old World 3rd doesn't look like it is that easy of access.

I have a few questions:
    What is parking like for this place?
    How far of a walk is it from parking to the bar?
    Who drove that night, was Nick driving?
    What kind of survelliance is available for the bar and immediate area?
    Did the bouncer see the guy with the red shirt come back to the bar?
    Has red shirt guy come forward?
    Has anyone who was celebrating with red shirt guy come forward?

Praying Nick is found safely soon.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

http://irishrecroom.com/main.html

They have information about Nick posted on their webpage.
    "Something's not right with that girl" - Jose Baez during Opening Statement

My post may only be used on Websleuths. Thanks.

All post are my opinion and speculation only and are not meant as anything else.......so unless I'm quoting MSM, take it for what it's worth!!!

Girlfriend believes Red Shirt Guy is Friend's Boyfriend.

He rang in the start of 2013 with his girlfriend Kelly McGonagil and other friends, and then between 1:00 and 2:00 a.m., he disappeared.

His family frantically spent New Year's Day trying to find him.

According to an e-mail from a friend, the bar manager said that Nick left with another man in a red shirt.

They could not identify that other man, though Kelly believes it's her friend's boyfriend.
    http://www.todaystmj4.com/news/local/185402921.html

I sure hope this is not another possible "Smiley face murder"

For those who don´t know about "Smiley face murders" :

Smiley face murder theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

http://vanceholmes.com/court/trial_missing.html

Drowning in
    Coincidence
    Midwest Missing Student Mystery
    Last edited by KateB; 04-30-2015 at 10:41 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    Hi, english is not my first language so please bear over with me

This is the address of the bar:

Irish Rec Room
    1023 N Old World 3rd St
    Milwaukee, WI 53203

The river right outside the bar is the Milwaukee River!
    Here are 3 suspected victims of the "Smiley face murders" all 3 found dead/drowed in Milwaukee River, all 3 after a night at a bar with friends... :

Thomas Hecht,28 of Milwaukee. Missing since 03/10/12. Had gone missing in Milwaukee, after a St Patrick's Day pub crawl with friends. Body recovered in Milwaukee River 03/22/12.

On Friday, July 3, Bryan Barker, 21, from New London, Wisconsin went to Sullivan's Bar on 1227 North Water Street in Milwaukee to celebrate a friend's birthday. He left the bar between 1 and 1:30 a.m. and was planning to walk home. He disappeared.
    His body was spotted by a passerby in the Milwaukee River on 7/6 and was recovered by divers near the 1400 block of Water Street, about two blocks north of the bar.

Max Walker, a 26 year-old, white male, was last seen leaving the Buckhead Saloon in Milwaukee, 26 July, 2006. His body was found the next day in the Milwaukee River, drowned.

There might very well be more young men that had disappeared in Milwaukee and found in the Milwaukee River, than thise 3, thise 3 young men was just what I found by reseaching for 15 minutes!

What does the girlfriend's friend's boyfriend say? Is he missing too?

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    That line does not appear in the story at the link above...so i'm not sure if it was removed, or what.

Quote Originally Posted by Donjeta View Post
    In this newsreport video the girlfriend, of the possible man in the red shirt, says that she talked to him and that he says that he does not recall to have been outside the bar with Nick Wilcox.

Oh, you have to watch the video...well not gonna happen. Would be nice if the articles could possibly include what the videos do.

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cubby View Post
    Is there easy access to the riverfront from the bar? The street view on Old World 3rd doesn't look like it is that easy of access.

I have a few questions:
    What is parking like for this place?
    How far of a walk is it from parking to the bar?
    Who drove that night, was Nick driving?
    What kind of survelliance is available for the bar and immediate area?
    Did the bouncer see the guy with the red shirt come back to the bar?
    Has red shirt guy come forward?
    Has anyone who was celebrating with red shirt guy come forward?

Praying Nick is found safely soon.
    I lived in Milwaukee for 30 years before moving here so I can answer a couple of your questions. There's a riverwalk that flanks the river in that area - it would be very easy to gain access very close to the water. Here's a map of the route the riverwalk takes for comparison. http://www.mkedcd.org/DowntownMilwau...alkgeneral.pdf

Common parking for event nights are small parking lots that are scattered about. I haven't lived in WI for a few years but a guesstimate is one would find parking within 2 small city blocks pretty easy. (There are parking structures too but those ime are frequented more by game/theatre event goers.) Another alternative would be on-street metered parking but there are restrictions strictly enforced by parking checkers.

Last option free on-street parking several blocks away. The immediate area isn't dangerous (or wasn't) but a bit to the west and north of downtown are both hotspots I wouldn't want to be in at that time of night. HTH

ETA: Miller Brewery also sponsors free bus travel NYE which means there should have been more people visible that time of night IMO.

http://www.620wtmj.com/news/local/185402921.html

Thank you, BritsKate. I wonder if their mode of travel was car or bus? It would be nice to confirm a vehicle is not missing with Nick. I assume one is not, since none are mentioned, but the articles give so little info confirmation would be nice.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

I have some questions after reading through all this:

Is there surveillance of Nick inside the bar? Was there an altercation with anyone? What was Nick's demeanor when he was last seen? What did his girlfriend do when she realized he was missing from the bar?

This article says he was last seen between 1 AM and 2 AM (it also still contains the blurb that his girlfriend thinks the red-shirt guy Nick was seen leaving with is her friend's boyfriend). It goes on to state family and friends searched Wednesday morning- but what time did those searches begin? Did his girlfriend just leave the bar without him, thinking he'd show up later, or did she get worried right away? Did she try to call him after he disappeared, and if so, what happened? Did the phone go straight to voicemail, or did he just not pick up after multiple rings?

Just curious as to what point in time the alarm was sounded that he was missing. Did girlfriend contact his family to let them know he walked away and vanished, or did they realize he was gone on their own, after trying to reach him themselves?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast