Singer Patti Page Dead At 85

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
'Tennessee Waltz' singer Patti Page dies at 85

By CHRIS TALBOTT, AP
49 minutes ago

NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Unforgettable songs like "Tennessee Waltz" and "(How Much Is That) Doggie in the Window?" made Patti Page the best-selling female singer of the 1950s and a star who would spend much of the rest of her life traveling the world.

When unspecified health problems finally stopped her decades of touring, though, Page wrote a sad-but-resolute letter to her fans late last year about the change.

"Although I feel I still have the voice God gave me, physical impairments are preventing me from using that voice as I had for so many years," Page wrote. "It is only He who knows what the future holds."

Page died on New Year's Day in Encinitas, Calif., according to publicist Schatzi Hageman, ending one of pop music's most diverse careers. She was 85 and just five weeks away from being honored at the Grammy Awards with a Lifetime Achievement Award from The Recording Academy...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/music/20130102/US.Obit.Patti.Page/

Sad seeing all the greats dying off..I wouldn't spend a nickle to see some of the so called "new talent" today...RIP Patty..
I have her Tennessee Waltz on a 45.

I loved both of those songs...and her....and got "rewards" from my grandfather if I would play them on the piano and sing them....nothing like her voice of course....she was something.

It's a shame she didn't make it to receive the award while alive.

I don't mean that to sound awful in any way. But somehow, it kind of does I guess.

Voice of velvet.

RIP Patti :rose:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member