1434 users online (304 members and 1130 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Canada - Sandra Mykytiuk-Evans, 56, Calgary AB, 29 Dec 2012

Hi all,
    There is a 56 yr old female teacher in Calgary, AB who's missing and upon searching this site I don't see any posts about her/her case. No idea where to post about it. Here is a link about it from our local news:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/Family+...723/story.html
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 02-10-2013 at 12:38 PM.

sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    you did great, Layzeedayzee! I added her name and age for you

THANK YOU NurseBeeMe!!! Didn't realize that was all I had to do :-)

Any tips on where I could find and post a Missing Poster for her? Would that help? News articles here refer to such a poster being handed out locally to businesses but I don't know one would find one online to post. I went to the Calgary Crimestoppers Page but that was useless. Don't know what more I can do to help, I live just outside of Calgary. I can't imagine my own mother going missing

Sandra Mykytiuk-Evans hasn't been seen since Saturday evening, when she told her family she was going for a walk in Edworthy Park.

Police launched a search with over 30 volunteers helping them scour the area for clues, but turned up nothing.

Officials say they have found no evidence to suggest foul play, and have suspended their search efforts until they learn more.

Mykytiuk-Evans is a special needs teacher who sings in a church choir and is a community volunteer.

Her family says she's touched many lives, and they'll continue to search for her on their own.

Read it on Global News: Global Calgary | UPDATE: Family continues search for missing Calgary woman
    http://www.globaltvcalgary.com/updat...647/story.html

also says she suffers from depression and other medical issues that make the search very important

you are in the right forum.. the missing forum... I will google around and see if I can find her flyer... maybe check the local police station site?

last seen at her family home in the community of Strathcona in southwest Calgary on Dec. 29 around 6 p.m.

Mykytiuk-Evans lives with a family member, who went out for the evening on Dec. 29 and came back the next day at around noon

http://www.calgarysun.com/2013/01/02...-be-found-soon

I hope she is found safe. There is a real lack of info in this case. I seen Some helicopters in my area (NW Tuscany area) Monday night. I know that's when some searches were happening so I am not sure if it was in ragards to the searches.

Quote Originally Posted by YYCgirl View Post
    I hope she is found safe. There is a real lack of info in this case. I seen Some helicopters in my area (NW Tuscany area) Monday night. I know that's when some searches were happening so I am not sure if it was in ragards to the searches.

I agree about the lack of info....no missing poster. We have her name, but no description of her height, weight, what she was wearing etc etc etc.

It has been a few days...

but I hope she is found safe... And soon...

Quote Originally Posted by YYCgirl View Post
    I SO agree with you, YYCgirl. I'm here in Airdrie and I've admittedly not been watching the local news much lately over the holidays but I do regularly check the top news articles in "Google News" several times a day and that's how I found out about this. I checked to see if there was a Facebook Support site for this missing lady, I had wanted to at least let the family know that I had posted about it here on this great site but couldn't find such a site, guess there isn't one. I'd also wondered if they needed any volunteers to help with the search as a lot of the articles seem to mention that family asking for help of the public to find their mom/wife, etc....but no idea who to actually contact to volunteer such help. I'd be willing to help put up Missing Posters but don't even know where to get one. Read in several articles that nobody even knows what she would have been wearing at the time she went missing. Surely someone in the family (one article says one of them lives with her?) would be able to figure out if she'd wore her usual winter coat and what it looks like, etc?

I pray she's found soon, and safe. I would assume CPS would check all Calgary hospitals for her?

Are any of the family on Facebook? I couldn't find anything...

Nothing new here, but for completeness http://metronews.ca/news/calgary/494...calgary-woman/

Last edited by KateB; 05-23-2015 at 03:09 AM. Reason: repair url tag.

More press stuff

http://calgary.ctvnews.ca/disappeara...hree-1.1097563
    (this has a photo of a flyer but can't find one online yet)

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/ca...723/story.html

From Calgary Police FB:

Sandra Mykytiuk-Evans, 56-years-old, was last seen at her family home in the community of Strathcona in southwest Calgary on Saturday around 6 p.m. Her family is concerned for her well-being and is hoping for tips that might help us find her. Knowing that she enjoys walking in Edworthy Park, a search was conducted but has not turned up any additional clues.

Anyone with information about her whereabouts is asked to contact our non-emergency line at 403-266-1234.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
    Any man's death diminishes me,
    Because I am involved in mankind,
    Therefore, send not to know, for whom the bell tolls;
    It tolls for thee.
    ~John Dunne

#TeamCivilization

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast