OR OR - Coos Bay, on beach near Elk River, AsianFem 20-30, UP10886, bracelet, clothes, shoes, May'83

Fin

Reaction score
This case from 1983 was just added to Namus this week on Dec 31, 2012.

Case Report - NamUs UP # 10886
Case Information
Status Unidentified
Case number 83-0926
Date found May 09, 1983 05:30
Date created December 31, 2012 15:07
Date last modified December 31, 2012 15:54

Race Asian
Sex Female
Weight (pounds) 100, Estimated
Height (inches) 60, Estimated
Body conditions
Not recognizable - Traumatic injuries

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Probable year of death 1983 to 1983
Estimated postmortem interval Weeks

Circumstances
Address 1 End of McKenzie Road
Address 2 200 yards north of road on beach
City Coos Bay
State Oregon
Zip code
County Curry
Circumstances of death
The body of an Asian adult female was found on the beach near the mouth of the Elk River, 200 yards north of McKenzie Road in Coos Bay.

Physical
Hair color Black
Head hair Black, straight, long
Left eye color Brown
Right eye color Brown

Autopsy was performed at the Bay Area Hospital in Coos Bay by Dr. Hosack. No notations regarding fingerprints being collected in file, but it is noted that "...the mouth structures and the hands were saved for future attempt at identification". Inquiry will be made.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Clothing on body Blue corduroy pants, pink underwear, black socks
Clothing with body
Footwear Blue and white Nike tennis shoes
Jewelry Small gold bracelet, right wrist

Comments Inquiry underway; notes in file indicate "...the mouth structures and the hands were saved for future attempt at identification".

DNA
Comments Will attempt to find maxilla/mandible

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/full_report/10886

Excellent find! Wonder what they mean about mouth structures....and now they can't find the maxilla/mandible? Wonder if the UID had braces and that's what they meant.

You are going to turn this in, right?

ETA: Sometimes I wonder if some departments only upload the UID case to NamUs when they think they have a possible match already, so maybe they already are looking at her.

The email on the doe page for Pamela (5710@co.merced.ca.us) bounced back.
There are either no case managers in namus, or they only have phone contacts. (Phoning is no good for me).

Can someone call this one in?

Pamela Pedro who went missing in September 1982 was wearing blue corduroy pants and blue nike shoes.
http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/236dfca.html

I talked to an official about her once about a year ago, which prompted me to put her on the featured cold case list. Back then I thought she looked like a UID in Arizona. They seem to think she is closer to home. I'm sorry but I didn't keep the contact information.

Pamela has a cousin who is looking for answers whose name here is RAP66. Feel free to contact him. I'm sure he'll be happy to know we haven't forgotten about Pamela.

www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55634

Hello

thanks for the heads up. I passed the link to my mother, she keeps in contact with my aunt. To me the details look very close however only one person has the exact info for her. So I just find myself being the messenger.

Thanks Kimster for letting me know.

FYI - this is from a newpaper article I posed last year:

Anyone with questions about the vigil can call the Merced County Sheriff's Department at (209) 385-7608. Anyone with information about Pedro's case should call the Major Crimes Unit at (209) 385-7472.

Read more here: http://www.mercedsunstar.com/2012/09/12/2531705/candlelight-vigil-for-missing.html#storylink=cpy

-Rich

Excellent find! Wonder what they mean about mouth structures....and now they can't find the maxilla/mandible? Wonder if the UID had braces and that's what they meant.

ETA: Sometimes I wonder if some departments only upload the UID case to NamUs when they think they have a possible match already, so maybe they already are looking at her.

They mean they took and preserved the upper and lower jaws -- but not the complete skull -- and now they can't find them.

Sometimes they make x-rays and just keep the teeth, but they don't usually refer to that as "mouth structures."

Can someone verify the location... I'm checking maps and McKenzie Rd, Coos Bay, and Elk river seem too far apart?

Thanks

-Rich

Yes, the Elk River does empty into the Pacific Ocean near Cape Blanco. This is quite a bit South of Coos Bay, and even south of Coos County, in the neighboring Curry County.

:waitasec: Looking at the locations from the report it's still confusing.

Anyways, I'll be talking with my mother tomorrow to see what her thoughts are. The family (immediate aunts & uncles) were asked to submit DNA, but that was in reference to the other investigations with the speedfreak killers. So hopefully questions will be answered soon; 30yrs is a long time of wondering.

Sieu Vei Trang, 13yo missing from Seattle WA since 3 April 1982 and less than 5' at the time of her disappearance? Probably a long-shot given they had dentals for the UID and said they were from an adult. Still, there is very little information on Sieu's case, perhaps it's possible she was a runaway into OR and then met a horrid death a year later (this would also have given her time to grow and match the UID's petite height)?
www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/7149/details?nav

Sieu Vei Trang, 13yo missing from Seattle WA since 3 April 1982 and less than 5' at the time of her disappearance? Probably a long-shot given they had dentals for the UID and said they were from an adult. Still, there is very little information on Sieu's case, perhaps it's possible she was a runaway into OR and then met a horrid death a year later (this would also have given her time to grow and match the UID's petite height)?
www.namus.gov/MissingPersons/Case#/7149/details?nav
i think it could possibly be this too. the areas are pretty close.

May 10, 1983, The World, pg 3
1681427835221.png

May 11, 1983, The Corvallis-Gazette Times, pg 24
1681427920416.png

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members