Bali - Dennielle 'Denni' North, 33, found dead, Canggu, 30 Dec 2012

Blondie in Spokane

Reaction score
Father Suspects Foul Play in Death

BALI police have ruled out drugs as a factor in the death of Australian Denni North and her employer says they think she drowned accidentally.

But investigators have not formally revealed a cause of death and continue searching for a woman who could hold vital clues about her final hours.

They believe the woman named Kelly found the vivacious public relations consultant collapsed next to the pool of a private villa on Sunday morning.

http://www.news.com.au/national/fam...s-now-closed-off/story-fndo4eg9-1226546957231

Odd..I had thought she was submerged in the water but I guess not.....

(From above link)

Police said Ms North was lying by the pool with her legs in the water. The wine glasses and empty cigarette packs were next to her.

Father Suspects Foul Play in Death

BALI police have ruled out drugs as a factor in the death of Australian Denni North and her employer says they think she drowned accidentally.

But investigators have not formally revealed a cause of death and continue searching for a woman who could hold vital clues about her final hours.

They believe the woman named Kelly found the vivacious public relations consultant collapsed next to the pool of a private villa on Sunday morning.

http://www.news.com.au/national/fam...s-now-closed-off/story-fndo4eg9-1226546957231

I wonder why this woman named Kelly disappeared? Sounds as if she could be guilty to me. Was Denni's drink spiked? They will probably get an autopsy done in Australia.

What happened to Denni North? So many questions but no answers

Despite conjecture to the contrary, including from Ms North's estranged father, neither the Bali police nor the North family say they believe her death is suspicious.

Speaking on the family's behalf, Anthony Bevilacqua, the manager of Cocoon, said the North family was ''devastated'' but did not suspect foul play.

''It was an accident, full stop. Speculation of foul play and things like that is not on their minds,'' Mr Bevilacqua told reporters at North Kuta police station on Thursday.

No obvious bruises or signs of struggle were found on Ms North's body when it was examined at Sanglah Hospital. And when the Canggu villa was searched two days after her death - police were only notified of the death two days after the fact - no evidence of drugs was found.

Police say they have ruled out the possibility that her death was drug-induced.

That assessment was made without any blood toxicology tests being performed on her body. In Indonesia, such tests are only conducted as part of an autopsy - and an autopsy is only performed if the death is believed to be suspicious, or if specifically requested by the family.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/what-ha...-no-answers-20130104-2c8wo.html#ixzz2H2ltLil0

If I was one of her parents, I would want a blood toxicology test. How can they say it was not drug-related otherwise?

It does not seem to have been a natural death as she did not reach the average age for death. Denni was a beautiful model.

Natural death? Suicide? Murder? Manslaughter?

That Kelly woman must know the answer. Until she is found and questioned, how can they possibly tell us it was a natural death?

Australian's body to be flown from Bali soon

5 Jan 2013, 4:58 pm - Source: AAP

The body of a Queensland woman who drowned in Bali will shortly be returned to Australia so family and friends can mourn her passing.

Aussie woman's death in Bali 'suspicious'
Police probe into Aussie woman's Bali death widens

The body of a Queensland woman who drowned in Bali will shortly be returned to Australia so family and friends can mourn her passing.

Denni North, 33, died in hospital after being found unconscious near the pool in her villa on the Indonesian resort island on November 30.

Antar Bangsa Funeral Service, which is organising the repatriation of her body, says it's likely it will be returned to Australia on Saturday.

"But we're not completely sure, for now we're waiting for a flight," a spokesman told AAP.

Police reportedly released Ms North's body to three family members who travelled to Bali, after they requested that no autopsy be performed there.

Police are satisfied that no drugs or violence were involved in Ms North's death, which is being treated as an accidental drowning.

The Cocoon Beach Club, where Ms North worked in the restaurant as front of house, confirmed they will likely hold a traditional Balinese memorial service for their popular and sadly missed colleague in the coming days.

Ms North, from Deception Bay, north of Brisbane, reportedly visited the club often as a customer and was later offered a job there.

It's understood Ms North's family will hold a private service for her once her body is returned.

They've asked for privacy from the media and do not wish to comment on Ms North's death.
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/1724654/Australians-body-to-be-flown-from-Bali-soon

Mother posts bittersweet tribute to 'baby girl' Denni

Date January 11, 2013 Read later

A Brisbane woman who died in mysterious circumstances in Bali has been laid to rest during a private funeral, with her mother writing a bittersweet tribute to her "baby girl".

Dennielle "Denni" North was working at Cocoon Beach Club, Kuta, and living in one of its villas, at the time of her death.

On December 30, the public relations consultant returned to her villa with three friends about 3am. Her friends eventually slept until 8am when one of them woke and found her laying on her back near the pool, barely conscious, with her feet dangling in the water.

The 33-year-old died a short time later.

Advertisement

Bali authorities did not perform an autopsy on the body and no information about how Denni died is publicly available, sparking conflicting rumours about the tragedy.

On Thursday Denni's family, which has requested privacy, celebrated her life at a funeral believed to have been held in Deception Bay, north of Brisbane, where Denni grew up.

On the same day her mother, Wendy North, broke her silence and posted a bittersweet message on Facebook, seemingly alluding to the circumstances surrounding her daughter's death.

"I have tried to hold my frustration and anger together," she wrote.

"My Baby Girl was a caring soul. Lived the life any young lady would dream of.

"She always said Mummy try to forgive and forget.

"My Darling through the stupidity of some people, the pain and heartbreak they have caused us, please forgive Me if I can't forgive them.

"Love you from here to eternity."

People also took to the social networking site to post about the funeral, with one friend writing "Today we celebrate a full life remember the bright personality and shining star that you are. Rip beautiful lady".

The sentiment was echoed by others who also referred to Denni as a "beautiful lady" and a "beautiful angel".

Denni's body was flown into Australia on Sunday.

Is not known if an autopsy has been performed in Australia.

Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...-girl-denni-20130111-2cl2o.html#ixzz2IQGBKxCj

There's been other cases of sudden deaths:

http://www.independent.ie/national-...-local-wine-in-bali-inquest-told-3300949.html

And two girls here: http://www.myspace.com/staciesweeney

I got the call on December the 10th at 5:00 am from the US consulate. informing me that my Daughters body had been discovered in a severe state of decomposition in her hotel room in Bali. By the way, Stacie was seen less than 24 hours previous to the discovery of Her body doing her laundry . Her friend, Kelly Slaven, was next to her also deceased. Her long awaited autopsy basically told us nothing. No drugs were found in Her system that would have killed Her and there were no determinable injuries apparent due to Her state of decomposition.
(from link above)

I absolutely cannot imagine no autopsy being performed in a case like this. First, cannot imagine it would not be required by legal authorities. Second, cannot imagine it would not be requested by the family.

LE saying there were no drugs involved: Does this mean they at least drew blood and had toxicology tests performed? Otherwise, how could they make this statement?

Her being found laying on her back with her feet dangling into the water leads me to believe she passed out. Probably from alcohol if she had been drinking. Somehow that does not sound like a "foul play" position.

A while back there a lot of reports concerning the dangers of local wine which had had methanol added to it. It was cited as cause of death for 25 people who were all poisoned around the same time, and in several deaths since. I should think methanol poisoning would be high on the list of possible causes, seeing as it's killed so many tourists in the past, whose deaths have seemed 'mysterious'.

The toxicology issue is a joke - it ought to be an essential and -immediate- part of any investigation of a death without clear and apparent cause.

More deaths possibly due to locally brewed alcohol in SE Asia

http://www.smh.com.au/world/australian-friends-dead-in-laos-20130110-2chuv.html

The Department of Foreign Affairs has confirmed the deaths of two Australians in Laos.
Since Christmas, three other Australians have died while holidaying in South-East Asia.
Just over a week ago, Denni North, 33, died after being found barely conscious beside a pool in Bali.
Perth man Liam Davies, 19, died last week after suffering methanol poisoning from a drink on the Indonesian tourist island of Lombok.
Melbourne man Sebastian Eric Faulkner, 21, plunged to his death from the ninth floor of a hotel in Phuket on new year's day.
Foreign Minister Bob Carr has called for restrictions on selling adulterated drinks to tourists in Asia.

"Party drug GHB allegedly discovered at Denni North's villa after she was rushed to hospital"

"Friends of Ms North told The Sunday Mail the party drug GHB, also known as Fantasy, was discovered at her villa in Canggu, Bali, in the hours after she was rushed to hospital on December 30."

"It is understood the drugs were not at the scene when police arrived following the Deception Bay woman's death."

"Her shattered mother, Wendy, said the family was still unsure how the 33-year-old died but were awaiting autopsy results from Queensland authorities."

"In an exclusive interview, Mrs North said she had not been told of GHB at the scene and revealed the family were still grappling with the death."

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...shed-to-hospital/story-fndo45r1-1226562510417

So was GHB the cause of death? I wonder what went on her death certificate.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back