1087 users online (233 members and 854 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

View Poll Results: Will Jodi Arias be found guilty of murder?

Voters
924. This poll is closed
  • Yes, she will be found guilty

831 89.94%
  • No, she will be found not guilty

28 3.03%
  • No, it will be a hung jury

34 3.68%
  • Not sure and/or other...

31 3.35%

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Is the jury going to find Jodi Arias guilty of murder?

Arias has denied any involvement in the crime, implicated others, and eventually claimed self defense after years of abuse. Her trial, which began Jan. 2, will outline what prosecutors say was a fatal attraction that led to a young man's bloody death.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/jodi-arias-...5#.UOXOLHeede0

Thread where our members are discussing the trial: [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194747"]Jodi Arias Trial Watchers Thread - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Yes, I think JA will be found guilty!
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

Yes. Overwhelming evidence. She's toast.
    YOU can help find missing persons by sharing missing person notices on your social media!

I'm just not sure. I know she's guilty, but after watching the Smith/Johnson case, and how easy they got off, AZ has me bothered. Then there's the parents who raped their one month old baby, and killed him. Their sentence?

She rec'd 15 years in spite of injuries included bruises all over his body, with a broken leg and fractured ribs. With good behaviour she could get out in record time.

I don't know what's going on with the other perp - I don't think he's gone to trial yet.

I just don't like the court system in AZ - it makes me uncomfortable. Along with the fact that she's a woman, and the jury is comprised of mostly men - I don't see them giving her the DP. Again - just my opinion.

However, I pray she gets what she deserves!

MOO

Mel

Based on her love of being a star performer in her own trial, tears and all, center of attention and winner of jailhouse version of American Idol, I think LIP is not enough punishment for her since she seems to thrive on the attention and will do well with her buddy cell mates.
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away. "

Good Morning ...

I just saw this poll, however, I have not voted.

First, let me say she is GUILTY of 1st degree murder, imo !

Second, I only caught a little bit of the trial yesterday afternoon and was only able to read some of the updates here at WS ... I totally forgot that the trial started on the 2nd ...

But JMO ... ya just never know with "juries" ... after the injustice of the CA trial, I just don't "trust" juries ...

I hope they find her GUILTY because she is !

JMSSO = Just My Super Secret Opinion

I sure hope they do find her guilty and I also hope we never ever have to see or hear the narcissist singing in jail again. She is a real piece of work IMO. It is very creepy to watch her in court as well.

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    I voted guilty. I don't know if she will get the DP though. Will just have to wait and see on that one.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

In a heart beat.

Guilty....mark my words. I wonder how the jury felt when they watched that 'mark my words' interview.
    Just striving to be average.

I am thinking she will be found guilty but no death penalty. While I understand why many users, as well as the victims family, feel that the death penalty is appropriate, I think it was a stretch to ask for it. It's going to be, IMO, too difficult to prove premeditation when it so appears to be a ~crime of passion~ on the surface. Plus with the way the defense seems to be going with the emotional abuse angle, I think that will sway the jury away from it. JMO only.

In Maricopa County, where the citizens elected tough Joe Arpaio as sheriff? Of course she's going to be found guilty! But rarely do juries hand out the death penalty anymore, so she'll probably get a prison sentence (hopefully LWOP!).

Abolutely they are going to find her guilty because she IS guilty and the evidence supports it.

All of her pathological lies are going to come back to bite her in the butt. Her defense claim is irrational and unbelievable and doesnt comport with all that is known thus far and we are just beginning the trial. The evidence is overwhelmingly against her.

I hope that every interview she gave is played for the jurors. It shows a very evil mind and psychopathic in nature. They will be able to see how calm she is when telling the biggest bunch of bull ever and she doesn't bat an eyelash.

The .25 caliber gun stolen from the home she lived in just prior to the murder and Travis being shot by a .25 caliber will not be dismissed by this jury. That will be one of the smoking guns in this case, imo.

The traveling over a thousand miles to get to his home. Her abuse excuse makes no sense whatsoever. This was a very obsessed woman who had the mentality of 'if I cant have you no one can.'

She makes Glenn Close look like a nice lady in comparison.

I am not shocked that the BWS is in this case. It seems every brutal case I read or see when a female kills an adult male in the most heinous way ...they dragout the old standby of abuse into the case.

I find it quite ironic actually because women demand equality as they should except when they land their butt in the criminal justice system and then conveniently they revert back to being supposedly meak, timid, and abused. Most all jurors are not like the clueless imfamous pinellas jurors who drank the koolaid. This jury is not going to drink the koolaid, imo.

In fact I wouldnt be surprised when the verdict is rendered and if the jurors speakout... that we learn they were insulted by such a stupid defense. I know I would be if I was a juror on this case.

If anyone deserves death it is Jodi Airas. I hope the jury keeps their mind on all the aggravating factors instead of concentrating on the fact that she is white. female, and not attractive but looks ok. Often times we see same like crimes done by males and females and the punishment is biased against the male and jurors will hesitate in giving a female the death penalty. I hope they do and if they go by all the planning she did and the heinous way she carried it out along with all the lies she told ........they will give her what she so richly deserves. Death.

JMO
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by orangesandapples View Post
    I am thinking she will be found guilty but no death penalty. While I understand why many users, as well as the victims family, feel that the death penalty is appropriate, I think it was a stretch to ask for it. It's going to be, IMO, too difficult to prove premeditation when it so appears to be a ~crime of passion~ on the surface. Plus with the way the defense seems to be going with the emotional abuse angle, I think that will sway the jury away from it. JMO only.
    I think the premeditation aspect of this case will be the easiest to prove. This case reeks of premeditation.

Even the stolen .25 caliber weapon gun owned by her grandparents that she lived with . shortly before he was murdered and shot by ...oops a .25 caliber weapon shows premediation.

She came a thousand miles with weapons in hand and that is not a crime of passion case by any stretch of the imagination. That is as premeditated as it gets.

Imo, the jury will get it right.

She should have tried to plead but we see so many cases where psychopaths never will because they really believe they can win even when the evidence of overwhelmingly against them and think everyone is going to believe their pathological lies.
    "Pardon Our Noise, It's the Sound of Freedom" USMC New River Air Station, Jacksonville, North Carolina

I spend my time trying to decipher if JA is a psychopath or if there is a Cluster B issue going on (NPD, BPD, or Histrionic).
    But heck, that's how I roll.........
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    "Look, if any of us wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (carbuff 8/11/13)

This post reflects my constitutionally-protected opinion. Please do not copy it anywhere else outside of the WebSleuth forum

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast