1140 users online (239 members and 901 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803

    VICTIM #5 - Laconia Shontel "Muggy" Brown, 23 - Found Deceased 29 May 2008

    Once again I took the liberty of copying doteyes original post from the victims thread. We can try to fill in the missing info as we go.

    *Fifth victim.*
    Full Name:**Laconia Shontel "Muggy" Brown.**
    Age: 23.
    Residence: No address. Jennings,LA.
    Last seen alive: by her grandmother hours before her body was found
    Date reported missing:*
    Reported missing by:
    Employment:*
    Spouse:
    Spouse's employment:
    Children: One child a boy who would be @ 6 yrs old today
    Parents:
    Parents address:
    Parents Employment:
    Date body found:**5/28/08*
    Body found by: LE*
    Body location: East Racca Road, which leads to shooting range.
    Race:**African American*.
    Homicide: Yes.
    COD:*
    Autopsy findings:**Throat slit*.
    Known activites:*
    Other: Doused with bleach.
    Body still warm.
    Best friend to**Brittany Gary*.
    Last edited by Justiceforever; 01-03-2013 at 07:08 PM. Reason: added children, added last seen by, date body found
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

    http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

    "This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

    F.L.Y. First love yourself!



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803

    Laconia Shontel "Muggy" Brown's picture

    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

    http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

    "This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

    F.L.Y. First love yourself!



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    She was clothed but had no shoes when she was found. She also had a "premonition" that something horrible was going to happen to her and was living in fear her last days alive.
    http://laconiabrown.wordpress.com/about/
    Last edited by Justiceforever; 01-03-2013 at 06:48 PM.
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

    http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

    "This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

    F.L.Y. First love yourself!



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    She was clothed but had no shoes when she was found. She also had a "premonition" that something horrible was going to happen to her and was living in fear her last days alive.
    http://laconiabrown.wordpress.com/about/
    I think(gut feeling) she may be the key(or one of the main keys) to the case being broken--something there, I sense it....

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    She was clothed but had no shoes when she was found. She also had a "premonition" that something horrible was going to happen to her and was living in fear her last days alive.
    http://laconiabrown.wordpress.com/about/
    no shoes again....... theme>?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,655
    Almost a year ago, the Jennings Daily News confirmed a search warrant was issued to a Spencer Street residence in connection with Laconia "Muggy" Brown's murder. So what happened???

    Spencer Street search related to Brown murder case

    March 3, 2012
    City police and the Calcasieu Parish Sheriff’s Office Forensic Investigation Unit executed a search warrant at a Spencer Street residence Monday, and the Jennings Daily News has since confirmed through anonymous sources that the investigation is related to the 2008 Laconia “Muggy” Brown murder case.
    Police were spotted at the Spencer Street residence from approximately 8:30-10 p.m. Monday. No arrests have been made as of press time today, and police are tight-lipped about what the search revealed, if anything.


    http://www.jenningsdailynews.net/?p=7688

    Investigation could be related to the Jennings Eight murder case

    February 29, 2012
    ... Relatives of one of the victims, Laconia Muggy Brown, said they believe officers were on Spencer Street investigating Brown's murder Monday night.

    ...Gail said after neighbors spotted police at a home on Spencer Street Monday, they called her right away. "They called us and told us they had a lot of cops out there investigating, " she said.

    ...Laconia's grandmother, Bessie Brown, said "well it kind of surprises me a little bit because she used to be there all the time. She used to go there and visit with him."


    http://www.katc.com/news/investigati...t-murder-case/

    In 2011 it was reported that new evidence had come to light in Muggy Brown's murder, yet still no arrest. (The link no longer works, and I can't find the article in the archives.) So what gives?

    ************************************************** ************************************************** ***

    From Kirk Menard, the PI hired by the families to investigate, in 2009


    Menard admits this case hits home for him as well. Menard’s daughter also went through a bout with drugs and knew one of the victims, Laconia “Muggy” Brown. In fact, two years before she was found murdered, Muggy Brown was picked up, along with three other men, on charges of conspiracy to commit rape. The victim was Menard’s daughter.

    Menard says he now believes there may be some connection with his daugther’s case. “I didn’t realize it at the time,” he says. “But some of the stories we’ve been hearing is that some of these girls have been bringing other girls to these guys for drugs, and if they don’t have sex with them, they get raped. And I think at one point or another Muggy probably said she wanted out after she got arrested, and I think that’s whenever they decided to take matters into their own hands.


    http://www.theind.com/cover-story/5223

    ************************************************** ************************************************** ****

    On another note, Muggy Brown is said to have been very close friends with Brittney Gary, victim no. 7.

    FWIW, both Brown and Gary were preliminarily ID'd from tattoos. I've never seen a description of the tattoos.

    She said they had to identify her little sister by her tattoos, and now they're forced to have a closed casket service.

    http://www.kplctv.com/Global/story.asp?s=8407184

    You'll remember officials said tattoos found on the recovered body were matches of those Brittney Gary was known to have had. But in the end, it's believed that dental and medical records helped confirm her identity.

    http://www.kplctv.com/story/9367809/...-as-7th-victim


    Also, most (all, according to some reports) victims were missing shoes.
    Last edited by bessie; 01-04-2013 at 02:01 AM.
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    10,720
    Check the maps thread for a photo of the E Spencer St house.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    Once again I took the liberty of copying doteyes original post from the victims thread. We can try to fill in the missing info as we go.

    *Fifth victim.*
    Full Name:**Laconia Shontel "Muggy" Brown.**
    Age: 23.
    Residence: No address. Jennings,LA.
    Last seen alive: by her grandmother hours before her body was found
    Date reported missing:*
    Reported missing by:
    Employment:*
    Spouse:
    Spouse's employment:
    Children: One child a boy who would be @ 6 yrs old today
    Parents:
    Parents address:
    Parents Employment:
    Date body found:**5/28/08*
    Body found by: LE*
    Body location: East Racca Road, which leads to shooting range.
    Race:**African American*.
    Homicide: Yes.
    COD:*
    Autopsy findings:**Throat slit*.
    Known activites:*
    Other: Doused with bleach.
    Body still warm.
    Best friend to**Brittany Gary*.
    IMHO, the body dump site is significant......as are the throat slit and bleaching(seems more than for counter-forensics)

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Locked Room
    Posts
    2,812
    Quote Originally Posted by CriminalMinds View Post
    no shoes again....... theme>?
    Yes. Definitely a theme.

    I believe all victims were found without shoes. This is one of my biggest reasons for thinking one person is involved in all these murders (even if there's more than one murderer involved in some of them).
    "All your life, all your love, all your hate, all your memory, all your pain, it was all the same thing. It was all the same dream—a dream that you had inside a locked room. A dream about being a person.” - True Detective

    Help Save the Next Girl. http://helpsavethenextgirl.com

    Help Find Shane Fell. Http://helpfindshanefell.com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    10,720
    All of our victims were murdered during very warm months in LA. Perhaps they were wearing shoes that came off easily. Sandals, flip-flops, etc. Perhaps they weren't wearing shoes when murdered.

    Lots of variables here, and few facts. I'm not prepared to make assumptions regarding missing shoes.

    JMO
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    10,720
    Looked at surveillance footage for both Brittney and Necole. Can't tell what kind of shoes Necole was wearing, but Brittney was definitely wearing flip-flops.

    Just throwing that out there.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    10,720
    Shortly after Muggy Browns body was found, there was a msm news article which featured an interview with Muggy's grandmother, Bessie Brown. According to Ms. Brown, Muggy was wearing a white top and capri pants when she last saw her. Just prior to leaving the house, Muggy filled a bag with dirty laundry and stated that she was going to do some laundry. Ms. Brown said she thought was strange, since they had a washing machine at home. (I can not find an active link to this article, but I do know that it came out a few days after Muggy's body was found.)

    So, according to Muggy's grandmother, Muggy left the house wearing a white top and capri pants, with her laundry in tow. She's later found wearing a white top and doused in bleach. I don't believe her being doused in bleach has an racial over-tones at all, but rather logical implications.

    1. Doubtful she would pay to do laundry at a laudromat when she could have done them at home for free (unless, of course, there was something about the clothes she was hiding from her grandmother), so where was she going to do this laundry? Logic suggests she was on her way to a friend's house. (My personal belief is that she went to the E Spencer St. house, based on this http://www.katc.com/news/investigati...t-murder-case/) But that's just my opinion.

    2. If she took a bag of clothes to wash, she either took her own washing supplies, stopped somewhere to get washing supplies, or planned on using the washing supplies already there at her destination. Whichever the case, the bleach is in all likelihood connected to the washing.

    3. So how did she end up doused in the bleach? Could be that, at some point, she (laundry in tow) was offered a ride, killed in the car, dumped at the shooting range, and her own bleach then poured on her. OR, it could be that she made it to her friends house, was there doing laundry, and a physical altercation occurred wherein she was somehow doused in the bleach. Could be any number of logical scenarios...but I don't think race has anything what-so-ever to do with the bleach.

    JMO
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    this blog confirms (however credible it is) that muggy was wearing a white shirt.

    http://laconiabrown.wordpress.com/about/
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

    http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

    "This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

    F.L.Y. First love yourself!



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    Shortly after Muggy Browns body was found, there was a msm news article which featured an interview with Muggy's grandmother, Bessie Brown. According to Ms. Brown, Muggy was wearing a white top and capri pants when she last saw her. Just prior to leaving the house, Muggy filled a bag with dirty laundry and stated that she was going to do some laundry. Ms. Brown said she thought was strange, since they had a washing machine at home. (I can not find an active link to this article, but I do know that it came out a few days after Muggy's body was found.)

    So, according to Muggy's grandmother, Muggy left the house wearing a white top and capri pants, with her laundry in tow. She's later found wearing a white top and doused in bleach. I don't believe her being doused in bleach has an racial over-tones at all, but rather logical implications.

    1. Doubtful she would pay to do laundry at a laudromat when she could have done them at home for free (unless, of course, there was something about the clothes she was hiding from her grandmother), so where was she going to do this laundry? Logic suggests she was on her way to a friend's house. (My personal belief is that she went to the E Spencer St. house, based on this http://www.katc.com/news/investigati...t-murder-case/) But that's just my opinion.

    2. If she took a bag of clothes to wash, she either took her own washing supplies, stopped somewhere to get washing supplies, or planned on using the washing supplies already there at her destination. Whichever the case, the bleach is in all likelihood connected to the washing.

    3. So how did she end up doused in the bleach? Could be that, at some point, she (laundry in tow) was offered a ride, killed in the car, dumped at the shooting range, and her own bleach then poured on her. OR, it could be that she made it to her friends house, was there doing laundry, and a physical altercation occurred wherein she was somehow doused in the bleach. Could be any number of logical scenarios...but I don't think race has anything what-so-ever to do with the bleach.

    JMO
    Kat your logic makes so much sense! If we could find out how much laundry she left with and if she indeed need a ride to transport it...it might lead to her killer!
    How bout this for a hypothetical.
    "Hey come on over we can party?"
    "I can't I gotta do laundry."
    "Well you can do it over here, I'll pick you up."
    "Well I don't know, my son is sleep."
    "I'll give you some money."
    Hmmm
    Kisses her son. Tell's him she'll do anything for him.
    Out the door.
    WITH WHO?
    Just a thought.
    Last edited by Justiceforever; 01-06-2013 at 08:54 PM.
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

    http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

    "This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

    F.L.Y. First love yourself!



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    Here's another hypothetical. Maybe she hesitated because she was wary of this person from past experience. Note: She reportedly was worried in the days prior to her death.
    Maybe she put that aside with the offer of money. She needs to take care of her son. She goes against her better judgement.
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

    http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

    "This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

    F.L.Y. First love yourself!



Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 06:39 PM
  2. VICTIM #7 - Brittney Ann Gary, 17 - Found Deceased 15 Nov 2008
    By Mountain_Kat in forum Jennings, Louisiana
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 03:42 PM
  3. Replies: 1347
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 03:40 AM
  4. "Benjaman Kyle"- Unidentified Amnesia Victim, found 2004
    By outofthedark in forum Benjaman Kyle
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 02:04 AM

Tags for this Thread