1362 users online (254 members and 1108 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 60
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    10,719
    There's an interesting post by Kirk Menard on the Murder In Jeff Davis discussion blog. In this post he related how he and another man drove up and down Racca Rd (and vicinity) for 13 days straight until the body of Brittney Gary was found. During that time, they encountered only 2 vehicles, a blue pickup truck (which sped up when they encounter each other) and a JPO. This JPO wasn't using his spotlight, but instead had a flashlight in his hand. Kirk goes on to say that this is (quite conincidentally,imo!) the same JPO who discovered the body of Muggy Brown.

    Here's a link to the case discussion (you do have to register there to read, though): http://murderinjdp.49.forumer.com/in...cbf0fa3162e422

    I'm pretty sure Bessie will kill me if I name the officer, but maybe she'll only smack me if I try to get his initials on forum. They are MJ. (ducks and runs)
    Last edited by Mountain_Kat; 01-08-2013 at 10:01 PM.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

  2. #32
    shadowraiths's Avatar
    shadowraiths is offline LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Specialist, infoSec Architect
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,867
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    There's an interesting post by Kirk Menard on the Murder In Jeff Davis discussion blog. In this post he related how he and another man drove up and down Racca Rd (and vicinity) for 13 days straight until the body of Brittney Gary was found. During that time, they encountered only 2 vehicles, a blue pickup truck (which sped up when they encounter each other) and a JPO. This JPO wasn't using his spotlight, but instead had a flashlight in his hand. Kirk goes on to say that this is (quite conincidentally,imo!) the same JPO who discovered the body of Muggy Brown.

    Here's a link to the case discussion (you do have to register there to read, though): http://murderinjdp.49.forumer.com/in...cbf0fa3162e422

    I'm pretty sure Bessie will kill me if I name the officer, but maybe she'll only smack me if I try to get his initials on forum. They are MJ. (ducks and runs)
    Fyi, Brown allegedly regularly rode with MJ in the JDP ride along program. Additionally, someone allegedly witnessed her murder after she supposedly passed out from smoking a "wet." MJ was not among the four people named as being involved.



    Forensic Psychology Portal

    I tend to disappear from Websleuths from time to time.
    If I do, you can usually find me on
    Twitter.


  3. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    New Orleans, LA
    Posts
    31,648
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    Again, I have to ask...is EVERYONE in this town related?! R Benoit is an instructor at B&T (where vic #5) Muggy Brown is discovered, and then, just 4 months later, (vic #6) Crystal Benoit Zeno is found murdered?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Justiceforever View Post
    IKR This is where it would help to have a few locals on the board again.
    As a New Orleanian, I'm almost a local, relatively speaking. LOL Don't let the names throw you. Benoit, Guidry, Chaisson, Guillory, Dubois are all pretty common around SWLA. Some families who share the names are related, some are very distantly related, and some aren't related at all.

    A little background:

    http://www.acadian-cajun.com/genac5.htm
    PODCAST ROW

    WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK
    __________________________________
    Always give generously of yourself to support your beliefs. And when you're knocked down, give more.




  4. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    10,719
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
    Fyi, Brown allegedly regularly rode with MJ in the JDP ride along program. Additionally, someone allegedly witnessed her murder after she supposedly passed out from smoking a "wet." MJ was not among the four people named as being involved.
    Muggy doesn't strike me as the kind of person who would volunteer for a citizens ride along program. I don't doubt she rode along with MJ, though, for other reasons.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    No longer in a truck ; ))
    Posts
    2,803
    Quote Originally Posted by bessie View Post
    As a New Orleanian, I'm almost a local, relatively speaking. LOL Don't let the names throw you. Benoit, Guidry, Chaisson, Guillory, Dubois are all pretty common around SWLA. Some families who share the names are related, some are very distantly related, and some aren't related at all.

    A little background:

    http://www.acadian-cajun.com/genac5.htm
    Very interesting reading.TY for that
    "It seems our profound fascination with serial killers is matched by an equally profound lack of interest in their victims." - Vanessa Veselka

    http://stoptheviolencemilwaukee.blogspot.com/

    "This is a wonderful day. I have never seen this one ever before." Dr. Maya Angelou

    F.L.Y. First love yourself!



  6. #36
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,492
    Article from March 2, 2012 (to0 short to copy/paste)

    Spencer Street search related to Brown murder case

    http://www.jenningsdailynews.net/?p=7688

    Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowraiths View Post
    Notably, Brown was dumped in the middle of the intersection/turn-off to the local police shooting range.

    B&T Training

    This sort of blatant body dump, imo, was a definite message to local law enforcement.
    absolutely--a message--and a taunt

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    10,719
    Very possible. Also possible she was killed there, or very close by, and her killer wasn't able to move her to a different location.

    Wasn't Muggy's body the only body that was found still warm? Or am I thinking of a different victim?

    Has anyone else ever wondered if some of these victims, and their body locations, could be tied to a hunter? I don't have the first clue about the area, so I really have no idea, but I have wondered.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    Does anyone know the names of the men charged, along with Muggy, for the attempted rape of Kirk Menard's daughter?
    One was Lawrence NIXON

    and I'd bet BCJ was #2

    still working on #3

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    EAST COAST
    Posts
    807
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain_Kat View Post
    What if the blood on her shirt wasn't strictly her own? How do you destroy DNA? Bleach. And maybe you just happen to have bleach handy, because hey...someone was doing laundry.
    ......interesting also is that i read where a contributor to a jennings forum (ketchum) suggested BRITTNEY was bleached and kept in a cooler....


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    10,719
    Quote Originally Posted by CriminalMinds View Post
    One was Lawrence NIXON

    and I'd bet BCJ was #2

    still working on #3
    I thought so. Thanks for confirming.
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,492

    Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    10,719
    Quote Originally Posted by CriminalMinds View Post
    ......interesting also is that i read where a contributor to a jennings forum (ketchum) suggested BRITTNEY was bleached and kept in a cooler....
    Based on what? Do you know?
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Forest Dweller.
    Posts
    10,719
    Boy I'd love to nail down the address of that house. Google lists it as 258 E Spencer St, but when I tried to do a tax or property search on that address, I came up empty handed.

    Then again, my internet sleuthing skills are pretty weak. Anyone else want to have a go at this?

    http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ba...ed=0CDEQ8gEwAA
    People seldom do what they believe in. They do what is convenient, then repent. ~ Bob Dylan

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    10,492
    I haven't found an exact address MK. I've been looking.

    I did find a scanned pdf copy of a newspaper clipping mentioning about Muggy being arrested in the investigation of Kirk's Menard's daughter. Does anyone think they should have chosen him to investigate if he had a conflict of interest? (May have to enlarge document.)

    http://www.bluetoad.com/publication/?i=26712&p=18

    Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-18-2014, 06:39 PM
  2. VICTIM #7 - Brittney Ann Gary, 17 - Found Deceased 15 Nov 2008
    By Mountain_Kat in forum Jennings, Louisiana
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-09-2013, 03:42 PM
  3. Replies: 1347
    Last Post: 08-10-2012, 03:40 AM
  4. Found Safe CA - Orlando Brown, 20, Studio City, 22 April 2008
    By CarpeDiem in forum Located Persons Discussion
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-24-2008, 04:07 PM
  5. "Benjaman Kyle"- Unidentified Amnesia Victim, found 2004
    By outofthedark in forum Benjaman Kyle
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-17-2007, 02:04 AM

Tags for this Thread