AZ - Former police officer Christopher Wilson had sex with children

believe09

Reaction score
PHOENIX (CBS5) - A former Phoenix police officer accused of having a sexual relationship with two minors went before a judge on Thursday.

Phoenix police chief Daniel Garcia said the alleged victims were 14- and 17-year-old Phoenix boys who knowingly entered into a relationship with former detective Christopher J. Wilson. He said Wilson met them through his job as a community outreach officer.
It fascinates me how this story is written. As if the 14 year old could knowingly consent to a relationship not only with an adult, but with a member of the community who was sworn to protect and serve him....not prey on him.

The "older teen" had apparently been seeing the officer for 3 months before they somehow roped in the 14 year old. One wonders about the relationship between the 17 year old and the 14 year old as well.

This officer was an outreach officer. Presumably he had contact with quite a few children in his career. Oh and one of the children asked the court to force Wilson to take an HIV test.

Words fail

Link : http://www.kpho.com/story/20496573/former-phoenix-cop-in-court-on-sex-abuse-charges?hpt=ju_bn6

Yes, as if a 14 year old can "enter into a relationship" with an adult authority figure.

I was reading up on a few rspe cases yesterday, and was struck by how many times reporters will use the phrase "had sex with the victim". Uhm, no. An unconscious person cannot "have sex". When a perp rapes a drunk or unconscious person, that is not "having sex". That is rape. If they must specify what happened, they could say "vaginally penetrated" or "anally raped", etc. Yes, it might be more graphic in some readers' opinions, but it is far more accurate than "had sex with". In this case, above, the reporter could have said "was lured into (sex acts) with the man" or such. Better to be slightly graphic and truthful than to whitewash what really happened. Because the way they phrase it implies that there is something consensual about it. Which just helps perpetuate the attitude that some victims are "asking for it". :furious:

I agree Gardenlady. The Chief quoted is also guilty, imo, of implying everyone was consenting and no one was hurt.

He was the liason to the LGBT community? Way to go creeper. In an important position and you're supposed to gain trust?

Just the word "relationship" gets me in these articles. It's assault not a "relationship". You'd think they were writing about Romeo and Juliet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back