748 users online (117 members and 631 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ashton to investigate OSCO about missed Casey Anthony evidence

You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Great news!!!
    Kyron, HALEIGH, ADJI & Gabriel NEEDS PRAYERS NOW TO FIND THEM!. Zahra & Jonathan in heaven
    Justice for Hailey!!!!
    No Justice for Caylee Marie..........

wonders is offline My opinion's may not alway's be right but they are mine and mine alone.
    This isn't nice so please scroll on by if you don't like it as it's my opinion only.
    Another waste of Florida tax funds and time on FCA. It wouldn't have mattered in the first place if it had been found because Ashton was way to focused on the chloroform stuff when he should have used the tech timeline stuff instead.
    A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty....

It was interesting to read the article and see that he isn't necessarily doing this because he has an axe to grind. I'm sure it's important if he is the States Attorney, to know that he can rely on the OCSD to do a more thorough job on computer forensics than they obviously did on the Caylee Anthony case.

The Florida taxpayers pay a huge bill to prosecute someone like FCA and I can understand he needs to be sure huge blocks of information aren't being missed for whatever reason, particularly when they are case breaking blocks like the "foolproof suffocation" search was.

Good for you Jeff!!!
    When there is Justice - there is Peace.

Quote Originally Posted by logicalgirl View Post
    It was interesting to read the article and see that he isn't necessarily doing this because he has an axe to grind. I'm sure it's important if he is the States Attorney, to know that he can rely on the OCSD to do a more thorough job on computer forensics than they obviously did on the Caylee Anthony case.

The Florida taxpayers pay a huge bill to prosecute someone like FCA and I can understand he needs to be sure huge blocks of information aren't being missed for whatever reason, particularly when they are case breaking blocks like the "foolproof suffocation" search was.

Good for you Jeff!!!
    Yes, ITA. It really is the first response from the State, if I'm not mistaken. Overdue, IMHO.

certainly reads to me like he wants to know if the computer experts are any good going forward rather than really anything to do with FCA

I would expect not only Jeff Ashton (as the new SA) but also OCSO to investigate how the evidence was missed and come up with solutions so that it does not happen again in another case.

The article quotes Ashton saying...If there is a problem it needs to be fixed

http://www.wesh.com/news/politics/As...z/-/index.html

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

I would expect this as I am sure they dont want a repeat in the future. I remember when I first got my puter most business and government had no place for your emaill address, it took some time for the government to catch up to the fast developing internet.

I met my hubby on a local BBS board way before anyone was chatting or even on the net. The government is always last to upgrade.

Here is another aspect to the puter age. The technology was changing so fast companies including the courts couldnt get a trained developer/analyst before the programs changed. Every 18 months the technology was changing so fast the colleges couldnt keep up. By the time they graduated a 4 year analyst the programs changed 4 or more times. This made it hard to get good people that knew the system and how to re coup data. it is still an issue.

rossva is offline George Zimmerman: Innocent until proven guilty.
    This is just an example of the fox looking after the hen house.
    " When ever you find yourself on the side of majority, it's time to pause and reflect."
    - Mark Twain

It's interesting but if you walk into any county clerk's office in New Jersey, you're gonna find 1960s metal desks, ripped wallpaper hanging from the walls, drapes from the Rennaissance era and really bad plumbing. I wouldn't be surprised to find the computers are from the stone age as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rossva View Post
    This is just an example of the fox looking after the hen house.
    I believe that Mr. Ashton is trying to make sure no one else gets away with murder due to missed evidence by the investigation team. Can't fault him for that.
    “The fact that Casey Anthony was the last person to have custody of her daughter, failed to report her missing (or dead) for 31 days, consistently lied once confronted, and the child was found dead and hidden, and she failed to tell what actually happened despite repeated opportunities to do so to her family, friends or law enforcement, (even when faced with the death penalty) was sufficient to find her guilty -- not necessarily of premeditated murder, but certainly all lesser charges. The duct tape and other forensic evidence provided additional, but not necessary, evidence. “
    Quote from: Judge H. Lee Sarokin
    Retired in 1996 after 17 years on the federal bench

Quote Originally Posted by wonders View Post
    This isn't nice so please scroll on by if you don't like it as it's my opinion only.
    Another waste of Florida tax funds and time on FCA. It wouldn't have mattered in the first place if it had been found because Ashton was way to focused on the chloroform stuff when he should have used the tech timeline stuff instead.
    JMO, but I do think it woud have mattered on several levels. #1, it would have been hard to have kept implicating George with this evidence. #2, the accident would have seemed more unlikely to be presented or believed and #3 as for Ashton's focus on chloroform, please remember that he was not the lead prosecutor.....

I would have liked to see a throughtly laid out timeline too and feel it would have been very effective. I don't think we can blame Ashton for that.

JMO.....

The title should read OCSO.

Quote Originally Posted by bayouland View Post
    JMO, but I do think it woud have mattered on several levels. #1, it would have been hard to have kept implicating George with this evidence. #2, the accident would have seemed more unlikely to be presented or believed and #3 as for Ashton's focus on chloroform, please remember that he was not the lead prosecutor.....

I would have liked to see a throughtly laid out timeline too and feel it would have been very effective. I don't think we can blame Ashton for that.

JMO.....
    If I were to believe that this jury was open to the idea of convicting (which I have many doubts), then I would agree with you. I think the only way this info would have mattered to them would have been if it were spelled out in the most basic way, and presented in conjunction with the rest of the phone/computer records to prove that ... 1) the drowning never happened, 2) Caylee was still alive when George left for work, then 3) the search was done after George left, and Caylee was never seen again.
    The prosecutors presented things to this jury as if they were intelligent, rational, thinking people with common sense who were paying attention, and I don't think those jurors 'caught on' to alot of what the prosecution was saying. For example, I think they missed the whole reason for cindy's boss's testimony. Didn't one of the jurors when questioned about cindy looking up the word 'chloroform' say "we considered that"? There was nothing to consider, she couldn't have done the search because she was at work.

On the other hand, they were easily swayed by baez and very willing to go down the rabbit hole, so if he insisted the time stamp was wrong, and it was George looking for ways to commit suicide, they might have bought it.

I still have my opinion that this jury was looking for doubt, and didn't want to convict, so it makes me wonder if it would have mattered either way.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast