1243 users online (219 members and 1024 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    I think the prosecution should have looked into it themselves at the time on their own. They should have asked for the full history of that day. And I also still think they did a poor job of presenting the computer forensics they had. It was very confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulessa View Post
    We had almost 2,000 viewers one day, and crashed!
    Check this out at WS's What's Going On:

"Most users ever online was 8,149, 11-26-2012 at 10:02 AM."

Now, that's a LOT of users online! And I can't for the life of me remember what happened on 11/26/2012 ... Just last November, and I can't remember. And when I do find out, I'm probably going to feel pretty bad about forgetting.

Quote Originally Posted by teedie2 View Post
    Check this out at WS's What's Going On:

"Most users ever online was 8,149, 11-26-2012 at 10:02 AM."

Now, that's a LOT of users online! And I can't for the life of me remember what happened on 11/26/2012 ... Just last November, and I can't remember. And when I do find out, I'm probably going to feel pretty bad about forgetting.
    It was the beginning of what this thread is about - when AZLawyer and JWG found the computer search for foolproof suffocation

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191801"]Firefox Search History Download - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8581757&postcount=710"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Current News **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**[/ame]

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8581784&postcount=711"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Current News **NO DISCUSSION HERE PLEASE**[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by Smelly Squirrel View Post
    I think the prosecution should have looked into it themselves at the time on their own. They should have asked for the full history of that day. And I also still think they did a poor job of presenting the computer forensics they had. It was very confused.
    Hi

The Prosecutors did request the Investigative agency, LE computer forensic department, to conduct a search of the internet history for the computer.

The Prosecutors did specifically ask for the internet history for June 16, 2008

From what I know, Prosecutors do not have the investigative forensic tools to conduct investigations or searches. That is what Law Enforcement and/or other investigative experts and agencies were created for and relied on to do.

LE made a statement that there was an oversight, that they did indeed miss the information.

LE computer forensics searched the Internet Explorer browser only. They failed to conduct a search of Mozilla Firefox which was the browser OCA began using in March 2008.

Perhaps the Prosecutors could have made it "simpler" for the jurors to understand..Linda Drane Burdick did ask her boss at the time, Lawson Lamar, if they could use visual aids (like Baez used) but her request was denied by Lamar.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Cop...z/-/index.html

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...ocation/nTBkx/
    ----------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------
    "There are three kinds of intelligence: one kind understands things for itself, the other appreciates what others can understand, the third understands neither for itself nor through others. This first is excellent, the second good, and the third useless.

--Niccolo Machiavelli"

Quote Originally Posted by Intermezzo View Post
    Hi

The Prosecutors did request the Investigative agency, LE computer forensic department, to conduct a search of the internet history for the computer.

The Prosecutors did specifically ask for the internet history for June 16, 2008

From what I know, Prosecutors do not have the investigative forensic tools to conduct investigations or searches. That is what Law Enforcement and/or other investigative experts and agencies were created for and relied on to do.

LE made a statement that there was an oversight, that they did indeed miss the information.

LE computer forensics searched the Internet Explorer browser only. They failed to conduct a search of Mozilla Firefox which was the browser OCA began using in March 2008.

Perhaps the Prosecutors could have made it "simpler" for the jurors to understand..Linda Drane Burdick did ask her boss at the time, Lawson Lamar, if they could use visual aids (like Baez used) but her request was denied by Lamar.

http://www.clickorlando.com/news/Cop...z/-/index.html

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/...ocation/nTBkx/
    When they only got IE history, they should have asked where's Firefox or any other browser. The article also says they didn't even ask until 2 months before trial. Computer history would seem one of the first places to look to establish a timeline. Also, Osbourne's excuse is lame, that they didn't ask her for "suffocation." What a copout. She didn't give any Firefox history at all. She needs to provide it all and let the prosecutor read it to find what's relevant.

I believe the case they did provide the jury was enough to convict, but it would have been much easier with this.

Quote Originally Posted by Smelly Squirrel View Post
    When they only got IE history, they should have asked where's Firefox or any other browser. The article also says they didn't even ask until 2 months before trial. Computer history would seem one of the first places to look to establish a timeline. Also, Osbourne's excuse is lame, that they didn't ask her for "suffocation." What a copout. She didn't give any Firefox history at all. She needs to provide it all and let the prosecutor read it to find what's relevant.

I believe the case they did provide the jury was enough to convict, but it would have been much easier with this.
    I believe it was reported that Osborne was not qualified for her job.......which doesn't surprise me. In the deep south you have many long timers in government jobs that have little or no education.

Thank you for that information. I knew I'd feel bad, lol. I kept trying to remember what (new) case was going on then. Poor little Caylee.

How did we manage that many online without crashing?

Anything we can do?

I'm still so uneasy about the hard drive and the browser history. I think there's still a wealth of information maybe even keys to the truth on there. I'd be willing to add money to a collection to get the hard drive thoroughly analyzed by an expert. I think it was posted in the past that getting it more analyzed would cost a few thousand dollars. I feel strongly there is something there.

It didn't help the prosecutor's job when George changed and was getting irritated by J.B. while on the stand. He stated that he wanted to slap George because of way he acted on stand and such. Then there is Cindy, who perjured herself on the stand, to protect her daughter. Then there is the brother, who changed, when on stand, from what he talked about to Ashton. Then saying that something was looked up hundreds of times when wasn't. Then of course, was Ashton, giggling. All this made for J.B.'s lies to sail right thru .Casey was the important one in this trial, Caylee was simply forgotten.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3