1318 users online (258 members and 1060 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WV - Evelyn Farnum, 55, Laurel Creek, 30 Dec 2012

LAUREL CREEK - The Williamson Detachment of the West Virginia State Police (WVSP) and the Mingo County Sheriff’s Department (MCSD) are requesting assistance in locating a Laurel Creek woman who hasn’t been seen since the evening of Sunday, Dec. 30.

According to information released by law enforcement, Evelyn Joyce Farnum, 55, of the Right Fork of Laurel Creek, is said to have left her residence between 10:30 and 11 p.m. Sunday night in a black 2003 Jeep Liberty and never returned. A relative who lives with Farnum said that she left without taking either her purse or cell phone with her.

Farnum is described as being 5’3” and weighing approximately 100 lbs., with brown eyes and sandy-blonde hair. She has been known to disappear for a short time in the past without contacting family members, but has always taken belongings with her that included clothing, purse and cell phone, so this situation has naturally become a matter of concern and has caused alarm and worry for her relatives.

If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of Farnum you are asked to please contact the WVSP by calling 304-235-6000, or the MCSD at 304-235-0300. You do not have to identify yourself; officers are only interested in information that will help them locate Farnum.

http://www.williamsondailynews.com/v...stance=popular

Read more: The Williamson Daily News - Public’s help requested in missing person case
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 01-06-2013 at 05:04 PM.
    Destiny Renee Brewer-November 2,1999-June 28, 2010. Destiny -I love and miss you, tiny dancer!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtIje...feature=fvwrel

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    Beautiful area up in the mountains of WV. Hope she is found soon....and safe. May be off the road somewhere....? Any medical conditions?

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    Beautiful area up in the mountains of WV. Hope she is found soon....and safe. May be off the road somewhere....? Any medical conditions?
    It is very beautiful!! I haven't heard of any medical conditions, just that she had in the past left for a few days without telling her family where she was going. But who leaves for a few days and leaves their money and cell phone at home?
    Destiny Renee Brewer-November 2,1999-June 28, 2010. Destiny -I love and miss you, tiny dancer!!

Evelyn's facebook: https://www.facebook.com/evelyn.farnum+

Day before she went missing, her comments on facebook infer that she and her ex-husband have bad blood.....but that's normal right?
    "Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
    -Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh

Per her facebook page, Evelyn did update her current city to Vassalboro, Maine on Dec 11th. Could she have headed there?
    "Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

Daughter's facebook: https://www.facebook.com/andrea.ferris.73 Says a helicopter was sent to do aerial views. Evelyn left behind her purse, wallet, id's, cigarettes, and lighter.
    Last edited by amberdawn723; 01-05-2013 at 03:05 AM. Reason: ETA: it's her daughter's not her sister's facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by amberdawn723 View Post
    Per her facebook page, Evelyn did update her current city to Vassalboro, Maine on Dec 11th. Could she have headed there?
    She would have needed money to get there?! I don't know but something just isn't right ...

She left her cigarettes? THAT doesn't make sense.... I would like to know who she lived with!!

Quote Originally Posted by CJMAJORGIRL24 View Post
    She would have needed money to get there?! I don't know but something just isn't right ...
    Oops....You're right. I wasn't thinking

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    I wonder if the husband is/was still in the home? She was discussing him with another man friend she has on FB. This friend is friends with the Sheriff also. She talked to the friend on the 29th and then the friend posted on the 30th suggesting she read a poem, but I don't know the time. Did hubby see her post? Her daughter and many of her friends are worried about her. The daughter seems beside herself.

I don't think she would move to another state without telling her family...nor without her purse and cell phone. Seems she was close to her kids.

Oops....You're right. I wasn't thinking
    IIRC this is wayyy in the country, and I am not even sure anything would be open at that time of night..especially on a Sunday night. I feel sorry for her children!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hollyblue View Post
    I wonder if the husband is/was still in the home? She was discussing him with another man friend she has on FB. This friend is friends with the Sheriff also. She talked to the friend on the 29th and then the friend posted on the 30th suggesting she read a poem, but I don't know the time. Did hubby see her post? Her daughter and many of her friends are worried about her. The daughter seems beside herself.

I don't think she would move to another state without telling her family...nor without her purse and cell phone. Seems she was close to her kids.
    Great question hollyblue!! I heard it on the news and they said "a family member she lived with" reported her missing. But after reading the facebook, it seems like her daughter found her missing? I just don't know!! Seems she was well-loved and her children are very worried.

Sister's facebook: https://www.facebook.com/andrea.ferris.73 Says a helicopter was sent to do aerial views. Evelyn left behind her purse, wallet, id's, cigarettes, and lighter.
    This is her daughter. She states she went over to mother's and found everything still there, including her cigs and lighter by her computer. I don't know how she knew what time she left. Sooo.....I'm guessing her and hubby aren't living together.

The posts indicate that she has an ex-husband. Also she has two photos of her and possibly him R getting married in Florida back in 2009. Looking up info on his name brought up a mugshot that looks just like him IMO from Florida where he was arrested for battery back on Nov 28, 2011. This isn't sounding good!

The posts indicate that she has an ex-husband. Also she has two photos of her and possibly him R getting married in Florida back in 2009. Looking up info on his name brought up a mugshot that looks just like him IMO from Florida where he was arrested for battery back on Nov 28, 2011. This isn't sounding good!
    Duh, I remember reading about the exhusband last night, but it didn't sink in.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast