GUILTY WV - Evelyn Farnum, 55, Laurel Creek, 30 Dec 2012

CJMAJORGIRL24

Reaction score
LAUREL CREEK - The Williamson Detachment of the West Virginia State Police (WVSP) and the Mingo County Sheriff’s Department (MCSD) are requesting assistance in locating a Laurel Creek woman who hasn’t been seen since the evening of Sunday, Dec. 30.

According to information released by law enforcement, Evelyn Joyce Farnum, 55, of the Right Fork of Laurel Creek, is said to have left her residence between 10:30 and 11 p.m. Sunday night in a black 2003 Jeep Liberty and never returned. A relative who lives with Farnum said that she left without taking either her purse or cell phone with her.

Farnum is described as being 5’3” and weighing approximately 100 lbs., with brown eyes and sandy-blonde hair. She has been known to disappear for a short time in the past without contacting family members, but has always taken belongings with her that included clothing, purse and cell phone, so this situation has naturally become a matter of concern and has caused alarm and worry for her relatives.

If you have any information concerning the whereabouts of Farnum you are asked to please contact the WVSP by calling 304-235-6000, or the MCSD at 304-235-0300. You do not have to identify yourself; officers are only interested in information that will help them locate Farnum.

http://www.williamsondailynews.com/...ested-in-missing-person-case?instance=popular

Read more: The Williamson Daily News - Public’s help requested in missing person case

Beautiful area up in the mountains of WV. Hope she is found soon....and safe. May be off the road somewhere....? Any medical conditions?

Beautiful area up in the mountains of WV. Hope she is found soon....and safe. May be off the road somewhere....? Any medical conditions?

It is very beautiful!! I haven't heard of any medical conditions, just that she had in the past left for a few days without telling her family where she was going. But who leaves for a few days and leaves their money and cell phone at home? :(

Per her facebook page, Evelyn did update her current city to Vassalboro, Maine on Dec 11th. Could she have headed there?

She left her cigarettes? THAT doesn't make sense.... I would like to know who she lived with!!

I wonder if the husband is/was still in the home? She was discussing him with another man friend she has on FB. This friend is friends with the Sheriff also. She talked to the friend on the 29th and then the friend posted on the 30th suggesting she read a poem, but I don't know the time. Did hubby see her post? Her daughter and many of her friends are worried about her. The daughter seems beside herself.

I don't think she would move to another state without telling her family...nor without her purse and cell phone. Seems she was close to her kids.

I wonder if the husband is/was still in the home? She was discussing him with another man friend she has on FB. This friend is friends with the Sheriff also. She talked to the friend on the 29th and then the friend posted on the 30th suggesting she read a poem, but I don't know the time. Did hubby see her post? Her daughter and many of her friends are worried about her. The daughter seems beside herself.

I don't think she would move to another state without telling her family...nor without her purse and cell phone. Seems she was close to her kids.

Great question hollyblue!! I heard it on the news and they said "a family member she lived with" reported her missing. But after reading the facebook, it seems like her daughter found her missing? I just don't know!! Seems she was well-loved and her children are very worried.

Sister's facebook: https://www.facebook.com/andrea.ferris.73 Says a helicopter was sent to do aerial views. Evelyn left behind her purse, wallet, id's, cigarettes, and lighter.

This is her daughter. She states she went over to mother's and found everything still there, including her cigs and lighter by her computer. I don't know how she knew what time she left. Sooo.....I'm guessing her and hubby aren't living together.

The posts indicate that she has an ex-husband. Also she has two photos of her and possibly him R getting married in Florida back in 2009. Looking up info on his name brought up a mugshot that looks just like him IMO from Florida where he was arrested for battery back on Nov 28, 2011. This isn't sounding good!

The posts indicate that she has an ex-husband. Also she has two photos of her and possibly him R getting married in Florida back in 2009. Looking up info on his name brought up a mugshot that looks just like him IMO from Florida where he was arrested for battery back on Nov 28, 2011. This isn't sounding good!

Duh, I remember reading about the exhusband last night, but it didn't sink in. :banghead:

This doesn't sound or look good at all! I am praying for her children!!

Emergency crews will search for the remains of a missing woman in Laurel Lake on Sunday, according to investigators.

Evelyn Joyce Farnum, 55, went missing on December 30.

On Saturday, investigators said they used sonar and were able to locate a vehicle in the lake.

Dive teams have to wait until daylight to search the lake.

Sources tell 13 News the entire case looks suspicious and that several people are being questioned in connection with her disappearance.

Call West Virginia State Police if you have any information at 304-235-6000
http://www.wowktv.com/story/20512300/diveteam-t

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member