748 users online (77 members and 671 guests)  

Websleuths News

Bicycle Swallowed by Tree in Washington State

A young boy’s lost bicycle has led to a unique piece of natural roadside art on Washington state’s Vashon Island, over 50 years later.

Traveling off of Vashon Highway, about 50 feet into the woods behind the local Sound Food Café, travelers will come across a peculiar site – an intact, 1950s-era bicycle embedded into a tree......more at link......

"The further we (as the human race) grow away from the natural world, the quieter the natural world becomes and the more pathological we become as a culture."........Bernie Krause

The citizens of the United States of America have a right to applaud themselves for having given to mankind examples of an enlarged and liberal policy—a policy worthy of imitation......which gives to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance.......George Washington

I saw this the other day, WOW I have seen some stuff in trees, basketball rims,barbed wire, but that took the cake, Thank for posting.
    Just know one thing, I am the majority.