710 users online (79 members and 631 guests)  

Websleuths News

Upstate NY

Shropshire teen allegedly shoots self in Texas using her cousin's handgun

British teen shoots herself in Texas using cousin's gun as he watched in horror (Daily Mail)
    A British teenager shot herself in the head in front of her horrified cousin during a visit to family in Texas.

Nisha Jane Webley, 19, killed herself with the Glock .45 semi-automatic pistol, which was legally registered to her cousin, Michael Daniels Jnr., who owned the gun as part of his job as a security guard.

Family friends said that the teenager had been staying with her uncle in the tiny ranching town of Fairfield, 90 miles south of Dallas, after separating from her boyfriend recently.
    Mr Glenn Still, Miss Webley’s uncle, told the Shropshire Star: 'The only information we have is what we are being told from the family on her father’s side in America.

'We’ve heard it was a suicide, or an accident, but then we’ve also found out police are still investigating.'
    A Texas coroner is preparing a report, while police say all evidence points to suicide.
    more at the link

shropshirestar.com had earlier reported that a shotgun was used:

Telford teenager dies in shooting

So very sad. Such a beautiful young lady.

Dumpwater, Arkansas..LOL

Very sad indeed...
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you!"

The above post is my opinion and my opinion only. Please do not copy and past to other forums. If I wanted to posted on other forums, I would do it myself. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated in this matter.

BritsKate is offline Past mistakes should teach you to create a wonderful future.
    American Expat living in England
    What a gorgeous girl. What a waste. She was studying health and social care at Telford College. I think it likely England could've really used someone with her enthusiasm working to better the lives of our citizens.

Her death has officially been ruled a suicide.