1433 users online (327 members and 1106 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

UK - Oompa-Loompas sought after assault outside Norwich kebab house

Police hunt for men dressed as Oompa-Loompas after attack on 28-year-old as he left kebab house (Daily Mail)
    Two men dressed as Oompa-Loompas from the film Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory are being hunted by police after they allegedly attacked a man on a night out.

The pair - who had painted orange faces and dyed green hair and were wearing hooped tops like the characters in the 1971 musical film - are said to have attacked a 28-year-old man as he left a kebab shop in the Prince of Wales Road nightclub area of Norwich, Norfolk.
    ---
    The two Oompa-Loompas were with another man and a woman with dark hair who had a dress split at the side.

But a Norfolk Police spokesman said it was believed that only the Oompa-Loompas took part in the attack.
    ---
    more, with pictures, at link above

BBC version: 'Oompa Loompas' sought by police over Norwich assault
    ---
    The victim suffered cuts and black eyes, Norfolk Police said.
    ---

England's dancing days are done...

So. Does Norwich usually enjoy this rich of nightlife?

Criminals are becoming quite creative with their attires.
    Justice for Holly Bobo🎀

we can all breathe easier now

Three held after man attacked by 'Oompa-Loompas' (itv.com)
    Three men have been arrested following an assault involving two people dressed as Oompa-Loompas.

Norfolk Police had called for witnesses to the attack on a man by four people, including two dressed as the fictional characters from Charlie And The Chocolate Factory on December 27.

Two of the attackers were described as wearing hooded tops, with dyed green hair and painted orange faces.

A spokesman said: "Two men in their late teens and one man in his early 20s, all from the North Walsham area, were arrested on Saturday on suspicion of GBH."
    ---
    Not sure why they aren't named; perhaps shame would have been too great, lol. (Trivia: In some of Roald Dahl's earlier versions of the book, Oompa-Loompas were originally called "Whipple-Scrumpets.")

I know this isn't really funny, but.....

Today, I am a tad bit closer, to hearing everything. ;-)

"This Time We Get It Right!"
    If you can read this, thank a teacher, if it's in English, thank a soldier!
    If I forget to mention it. Everything I post is my opinion, right or wrong, good or bad.
    If you have questions about Rebecca Zahaus death, please watch this:http://websleuths.com/forums/showpos...00&postcount=1

Two men dressed as Oompa Loompas for a night out brutally attacked two passers-by before staring a drunken street brawl.

Louis Gelinas and Matthew Wright, both 20, were dressed as the fictional characters from Charlie And The Chocolate Factory, known for their green hair, orange skin and moral behaviour, when they started a fight in Norwich city centre.

The pair shouted abuse at their victims, calling one of them 'gay', before pushing one of them to the floor.
    ---
    Judge Nicholas Coleman ordered Gelinas to complete 240 hours of unpaid work for the community while Wright was sentenced to 10 months in a young offenders institute.

Jonathan Morgan, mitigating on behalf of university student Gelinas, said: 'Clearly they were not dressed for trouble.
    ---
    more, plus "Oompa Loompas attack!" pictures, here:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...cking-men.html

Godot- you should start a thread with all the 'Greatest Hits' headlines you've managed to post over the years.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    Godot- you should start a thread with all the 'Greatest Hits' headlines you've managed to post over the years.
    This one might be in the Top 10; my favorite:

OK - Police arrest man allegedly peeping out of "muck-strewn vault" in dam park loo

Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    I bet he got an eye full. Pun intended!
    Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

“It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it.”

The missing and murdered cannot cry out for Justice. It is the duty for the living to do so for them.

I stand with Standing Rock!

We spoke, prayers were answered!

http://abcnews.go.com/US/army-grant-...ry?id=43969890