1167 users online (162 members and 1005 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

In Memory of Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook

"Our hearts and prayers go out to the families and friends of those precious little girls. The Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office pledges vigilance in our pursuit of those responsible and will extend every resource to concluding this case so that justice may prevail."
    -Black Hawk County Sheriff Tony Thompson

Posted by the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office - December 10, 2012

http://www.bhcso.org/

http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/eva...9bb2963f4.html

http://www.kwwl.com/story/19023342/e...-missing-girls

Thread #1 Thread #2 Thread #3 Thread #4 Thread #5 Thread #6 thread #7 Thread #8 Thread #9 Thread #10 Thread #11
    Thread #12 Thread #13 Thread #14 Thread #15 Thread #16 thread #17 thread #18 Thread #19 Thread #20
    Thread #21 Thread #22 Thread #23 Thread #24Thread #25

Media/Timeline thread: IA IA-Elizabeth Collins, 8,&Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 *Media/Maps/TmLne* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Scanner Thread : remember anything in the scanner thread stays in the scanner thread

case map by poster hollye

NCMEC posters:
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...archLang=en_US
    http://www.kcci.com/news/central-iow...p/-/index.html

RSO Rules: It seems there is a legal consideration concerning whether we are allowed to bring information to Websleuths from the actual sex offender registry.

It is illegal to use the sex offender register information to harass anyone. We would never condone this at Websleuths. It is not illegal (in my opinion) if when a child goes missing or is harmed we look at the sex offenders in the area and post their information, along with maps to show how close they live to the victim. In every case we have local people reading and posting here. Therefore we are within the guidelines using this info for local information. Again, we are not EVER going to even hint at harassing anyone on the sex offenders list. Any posting we do about a sex offender will always be within the law. If any of you have other questions about what you can and can't post please contact a mod and we will do our best to clear things up.

Amandareckonwith's case archive
    Last edited by KateB; 04-29-2015 at 12:19 AM. Reason: repair url tags.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, and Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #26

Please continue here...

when i rode around the bikes cant remember if they were a little east or west

Quote Originally Posted by MNDad View Post
    I think I asked before but don't remember seeing a response. If I missed it, I apologize for asking again. Could you tell by the way the bikes were dropped which way they most likely were riding prior to dropping them? Were the front tires pointing more east or west bound?
    Quote Originally Posted by SierraShelby View Post
    north or south
    I take that to mean that they were truly perpendicular to the trail pointing to the shoulders of the trail. But were they slightly skewed west or east? I am asking because the girls route has never been determined and I am trying to figure out if they most likely entered the trail from the east end or west end.

I know if a kid jumps off a bike while it is still somewhat in motion and drop it as they come to a stop, they tend to still be facing in the general direction that they were headed and not 90 degrees to the side. If you were to guess, which way do you think the bikes were headed on the trail?
    Quote Originally Posted by SaphireSteel View Post
    If they were staged they'd be pointing in exactly the way the perp wanted them to be pointing in. He's a planner.
    Which is another reason I am trying to get a better picture of how the bikes were seen. I am not ruling out staging of the bikes, but getting a visual picture of how they were laying may aid in both determining which way the girls were riding (if they road them there) or which way the perp came from (if they were staged). I understand that if he/she/they are planners then it may not indicate that at all and the perp(s) could have come from the east and pointed them west, but I would still like to be provided a visual from the person that was there and saw them.
    Brought this conversation forward in hopes of still getting a better visual of the directions the bikes may have been traveling the last time they were in motion.

Brought this conversation forward in hopes of still getting a better visual of the directions the bikes may have been traveling the last time they were in motion.
    I see this was answered while I was trying to figure out how to bring conversations from the previous thread forward. Thanks for the response SierraShelby.

If it is indeed two perps I strongly feel one of them will crack

Maybe one already has...
    Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    Critical Thinking is often criticised.
    KISS

Unhappy

SapphireSteele... I agree these locals are probably calling the tip line with all kinds of crazy things. I was really believing it because I've heard it so often from them.

Quote Originally Posted by SapphireSteel View Post
    Maybe one already has...
    I was gonna say the same thing.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

*sigh*

So many questions, so few answers.

I'm very alert to the two folks SS saw fishing though.

This is the first I've heard of them, apart from Tammy's "fisher boy" but that was much later, nearly 3pm.

Everything I post is my opinion only, can change at any time, and is not intended to replace fact.
    KISS

Can anyone link any cases where a reward actually was given out to someone?

The reward is usually only released on successful prosectution.

Not sure about this case though.
    KISS

Did we come to any sort of conclusion about whether the use of the word "wrestle" means that Lyric is a competitive wrestler?

Quote Originally Posted by otto View Post
    Did we come to any sort of conclusion about whether the use of the word "wrestle" means that Lyric is a competitive wrestler?
    I think we came to the conclusion that we didn't come to a conclusion.
    KISS

Quote Originally Posted by iamnotagolem View Post
    Can anyone link any cases where a reward actually was given out to someone?
    It's probably like winning the lottery, you have the option to remain anonymous?

I dunno, claiming rewards always seems a bit like the crop circles to me - it obviously happens, but no one ever sees it.
    KISS

Page 1 of 79 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast