993 users online (157 members and 836 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43
    I think we all know what most likely happened to Amy. Not because we want to believe that her step dad harmed Amy, but because we know that statistically speaking that is most likely what happened. I'd be happy to supply links if anyone would like, but it's common knowledge that stranger abductions are rare and that most people are harmed by someone they know rather than a stranger.

So, to those on this thread who don't think the step dad is responsible, I hope that you can logically understand why many of us believe otherwise.

Im happy to entertain any other scenario. No matter how far-fetched or unlikely. Not because it's probable but because it's possible and because occasionally the improbable is the reality.

Playing devil's advocate with my own opinions here...

If step dad did harm Amy, why? What would have been his motive? I've heard others mention sexual abuse and then murder to keep her quiet. Trying to imagine how that scenario plays out. Was this a one time abuse that resulted in an accidental death? I can't really see this happening. Wouldn't he have assumed Amy would tell on him? Then what? Repeated abuse...again, wouldn't he have been afraid she would tell her mom (his wife) or a friend? Could mom have known? Some women choose their man over their own child or refuse to believe their child.

Can we imagine any scenario at all in which he accidentally kills Amy and rather than saying so he gets rid of the body and then makes up a cover story?

Quote Originally Posted by BethAnn777 View Post
    Playing devil's advocate with my own opinions here...

If step dad did harm Amy, why? What would have been his motive? I've heard others mention sexual abuse and then murder to keep her quiet. Trying to imagine how that scenario plays out. Was this a one time abuse that resulted in an accidental death? I can't really see this happening. Wouldn't he have assumed Amy would tell on him? Then what? Repeated abuse...again, wouldn't he have been afraid she would tell her mom (his wife) or a friend? Could mom have known? Some women choose their man over their own child or refuse to believe their child.

Can we imagine any scenario at all in which he accidentally kills Amy and rather than saying so he gets rid of the body and then makes up a cover story?
    Without giving too much away, someone very close to me was sexually abused for years by her mother's significant other between the ages of 8-10. The only way her mother found out was reading about him being arrested in the newspaper, getting that sick feeling in the pit of her stomach and asking her about it. When I found out, I was befuddled that it had gone on for as long as it did. Not once did she act uncomfortable around her abuser, and never seemed distressed to be alone with him. She said she was too scared to tell her mother, but she also said she was never threatened by him not to tell her, so I'm not sure why she didn't, except that she was embarrassed and ashamed. She refused to press charges because she didn't want to go through testifying and reliving the abuse on the witness stand.
    I'm very distrustful of people,but at the time,he would have been one of the few people I would have trusted my kid with, that's how normal and safe he appeared to me, how normal his relationship seemed with the girl and her mother. We were all fooled and had no clue until the story broke in the news (about him abusing another little girl once he moved onto a new relationship). In hindsight, after learning about this, the mother could put some of the pieces together, like he was not interested in sex with her, and his stepdaughter committing suicide).
    I'm not saying this is what happened to Amy, but what I will say is that no matter how normal and harmless things appear on the outside, they may not be.
    Last edited by Alleykins; 07-20-2017 at 06:11 AM.
    All you need is love and. . . .(fill in the blank)

One thing we all know, is that when something happens to someone, the person responsible is usually known to the victim. Its incredibly rare to be abducted/killed by a stranger.

Even without considering the particular circumstances of this case, the family has to be considered suspects unless they have water-tight alibis which make it impossible for them to be involved.

I feel very sorry for Amy's family if they are indeed innocent, but its what happens in these cases. Every other family with a missing child are also considered suspects, unless they can be ruled out.

It is my humble opinion that we all need to get back on track with the original mission of this posting. To find Amy Pagnac.

We need to deal with facts. We need to deal with verified information.

Did, or did not, the investigators involved with Amy's case, clear her parents of any involvement?

Did anything ever come out of the FOIA request made in the previous pages?

Did LE ever release the 2nd Police Report on Amy's case? Or clarify any of the details that were not agreed-to by Amy's family in the 1st?

Amy has been missing for 28 years on August 5th. That makes me cry when I think about the life she (may have/has) had. Too sad.
    We are here to help. I will do my best to not cause any hindrance, in any manner.
    I will at times, "think out loud." I have done this since I can remember.
    I will share my opinions. Thoughts. Insights. And I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Let's find them, and bring them home!

We Are All One Human Race!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_M View Post
    It is my humble opinion that we all need to get back on track with the original mission of this posting. To find Amy Pagnac.

We need to deal with facts. We need to deal with verified information.

Did, or did not, the investigators involved with Amy's case, clear her parents of any involvement?

Did anything ever come out of the FOIA request made in the previous pages?

Did LE ever release the 2nd Police Report on Amy's case? Or clarify any of the details that were not agreed-to by Amy's family in the 1st?

Amy has been missing for 28 years on August 5th. That makes me cry when I think about the life she (may have/has) had. Too sad.
    We would love answers real, solid here.

IMO, the answers to your questions:

1. Parents were not cleared regardless of what they say. Searches are not done at the properties of people who are not suspects.

2. The poster who said he/she would request FOIA documents never came back to let us know the outcome.

3. The other police report has not been published to the public.

Just to clear a few things up on this thread - people will discuss their various interpretations of the case and the circumstances involved. That's the very nature of the site - its called WebSLEUTHS, and the clue really is in the word 'sleuths'.

Its not for everyone, I appreciate that, but as another poster's signature on here says "If we wanted to mind our own business, we wouldn't be here" (or some wording close to that).

Bumping for Amy.

I took time to read through this thread and it does seem fairly obvious what *probably* occurred to Amy--sadly.

Moving on...I know it's been awhile since the searches were conducted and anything BIG happened; however, from experience dealing with legal proceedings, (my aunt Susan Winters' murder and on going trial) it's not about "what you know it's about what you can prove" and HOPEFULLY there's work being done on this case behind the scenes and we aren't privy to that knowledge. Perhaps the police are preparing their evidence in such a fashion that if/when they do turn the case over to the DA it's all wrapped up with a nice little bow and just like that it's handled. Then, as the public we are all flabbergasted by it all.

I don't know. I'm sure it's all wishful thinking on my part, but stranger things have happened! Regardless, Amy deserves a day in court and justice.

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43