Age Progressions

CCD

Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I don't know if this is the right place for this, but is there any way to speed up or notify someone that a more current AP is needed? I've been noticing that some of them haven't been updated for awhile, so I was wondering if there was anyway I could speed up the process

I had a friend who wrote to the NCMEC telling them they ought to update Taj Narbonne's AP, and shortly afterwards it was done, but that might just be coincidental. I know that the parents of the missing child have to give permission, or investigating law enforcement agency if the parents are unavailable. Kamiyah Mobley, for instance, has not been APed because her parents refuse to give permission. (I have no idea why. Evidently they don't want her to be found. With parents like that, perhaps she's better off.)

Ah, ok. I was just wondering. I was looking at Christopher Dansby's profile on NCMEC and the AP is to 11, and he'll be 18 next month. Wondered if there was anything I could do about that.

I've been wondering myself why Christopher's AP hasn't been done lately. There are some that get updated like clockwork and some that never seem to change at all. I think it depends in part how vocal the parents and/or LE are.

I also check daily to see if they've updated those AP's of Megan Ginevicz, Michael Hughes, Kevin Ayotte, Sarah Avon and Thomas Gibson. I think 5 years is too long to keep an AP considered current. But I didn't consider that the parents need to give consent first. And why wouldn't they want one done? I mean, I'd do anything to find my kid.

It's supposed to be done every two years until the kid is 18, then after that every five years, since they'll change less in appearance once they become adults. Key word here is "supposed."

I have no idea why Kamiyah's parents won't consent to get an AP done. Evidently they don't care about her. I get the impression that they just want to forget the whole thing happened at all.

i mean, i'm not really sure that bc they don't want to get one done means that they don't care about her.

there's a family whose daughter has been missing now for over 10 years and they have never chosen to have one done. and it certainly isn't because they don't care about her or are trying to forget her. i think everyone has there own reasons. maybe it was just too hard for kamiyah's parents.

Perhaps you are correct and I am being harsh. It isn't just the AP thing. Everything I've heard about them rubs me the wrong way and I think I read somewhere that one of Kamiyah's other relatives, an aunt or something, was quoted saying she thought she was the only family member who was really wanting Kaimyah back. I'm not suggesting her family had anything to do with her disappearance, though. This is clearly a stranger abduction.

I'm not normally this strongly spoken against the families of missing people or others close to them. But for Kamiyah's case really makes me sad and angry -- all baby's cases do, although babies are the ones who are most likely to be alive. Kamiyah was kidnapped before she was more than a few hours into this world, and it upsets me that, if she were located somehow, she might not even have a loving home to go home to.

I know in some cases they aren't updated because there is evidence the child is deceased, just not found.

True enough -- Etan Patz comes to mind. Yet it seems very arbitrary and inconsistent. Someone has actually been convicted of Tiffany Papesh's murder (mind you, his guilt is in doubt, but still) and her picture still gets APed.

Yeah, it makes sense, but if they have a rule they should stick to it, if they're not going to AP a child who is presumed deceased, then why do Corrine Erstad and Jillian Cutshall get APs? Most sites list them in a memorial section. I wish they would really stick to the 2/5 year rule they have going, but I wonder if there is a way they could lose track of a person. Like lose track of when APs are supposed to be done.

I don't think the guy in Jillian's case was convicted of murdering her -- only of kidnapping her. Of course, murder is a foregone conclusion there. Sharon Baldeagle got APed two years ago and nobody believes she's alive. (The guy who kidnapped her, incidentally, is also the prime suspect in the Cinda Pallett/Charlotte Kinsey abductions. Pity they couldn't get him on those, but for consolation, I believe he's serving life in prison for kidnapping Sharon.)

I really think they ought to just AP everybody regularly. An AP serves another purpose besides to show what the missing child would look like at a certain age. It also puts the case in the light again, albeit briefly, and perhaps might cause someone to remember something they saw or heard a long time ago which they had thought nothing of until now, but which might crack the case.

I had a friend who wrote to the NCMEC telling them they ought to update Taj Narbonne's AP, and shortly afterwards it was done, but that might just be coincidental. I know that the parents of the missing child have to give permission, or investigating law enforcement agency if the parents are unavailable. Kamiyah Mobley, for instance, has not been APed because her parents refuse to give permission. (I have no idea why. Evidently they don't want her to be found. With parents like that, perhaps she's better off.)

That isn't always the case. Michaela Garecht's mom has not stopped searching for her daughter for over 21 years. She has had many APs done of Michaela, but decided to stop using them (and got them pulled from most websites) because not a single one of the APs resembled Michaela or anyone in her family in the slightest.

Sorry for bumping up a very old thread, but when I saw the above comment, I felt I had to step in and defend Sharon Murch. She has been nothing but devoted in her search for her daughter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Greer∆
Back