932 users online (179 members and 753 guests)  

Websleuths News

Giant squid filmed in Pacific depths

Scientists and broadcasters said Monday they have captured footage of an elusive giant squid roaming the depths of the Pacific Ocean, showing it in its natural habitat for the first time ever.

http://phys.org/news/2013-01-giant-s...ths-japan.html
    Attached Images Attached Images

Love Giant Squid news!

How big is that bait squid?! Could've been a baby "Giant", lol.

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

I watched Jules Verne's 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea over the weekend.

That squid is HUGE!

It did remind me of 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

Are giant squids edible?
    -
    My opinion and nothing but my opinion.

Tor:Con Index link below. Will show you the probability of a tornado happening in your area.
    http://www.weather.com/news/tornado-torcon-index

FEMA's link for Emergency Supplies list below or what you need to survive for three days in case help is not immediately available to you.
    http://www.ready.gov/document/family-supply-list

You can also purchase a weather radio which will inform you of severe weather even if your electricity goes out. Runs on batteries of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Show Me View Post
    That squid is HUGE!

It did remind me of 20,000 Leagues Under The Sea.

Are giant squids edible?
    BBM

If you can catch one! Probably feed all an entire city.

I've gotta' remember to watch 20,000 Leagues this weekend. Brings back great family memories and film buff fun. Love it when you guys bring up cool stuff!

Unless I have included a link, it is my opinion and only my opinion that I am expressing.

thepinkdragon is offline Verified US Army Veteran/Certified Veteran's Mental Health & PTSD Advocate
    Oh carp it's Cthulhu!!! Lol well, he was based off the legend of the Kraken!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I remember watching a documentary about them about a few years back. It was hard to tell how large they were in the water. Then one of the divers got close to it and then you could tell, that's a lot of calamari. It just makes you wonder what else is down there that we haven't discovered yet.
    It's almost been a year since we did our last show.Jay Bush my partner has been auditioning for the show Shark Tank and so this has put the show on hold. If he gets on Shark Tank, we will be terribly delayed. Good luck Jay. Either way we will one day continue the show and have the coolest global independent radio station out there. This is just a small video we did with one of our artists.Waiting for One and their tune 35 years. Check it out.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W7Go80y20fA
    We hope to be doing a radio show with all our artists real soon. Hope you can join in the fun. Please bare with us while we improve the show especially the sound.
    Laserdog Enterprises would like to bring you our version of a Tribute to the Angels of Newtown. Another school shooting in Georgia thankfully no children were hurt.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axOGOBT77Xs

Please take a few moments and visit the missing children site. We really need you.
    Click on the link to find a missing child,teen or adult.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingki...eCountry=en_US

After around 100 missions, during which they spent 400 hours in the cramped submarine, the three-man crew tracked the creature from a spot some 15 kilometres (nine miles) east of Chichi island in the north Pacific.
    I can't imagine spending a minute in a submarine, much less 400 hours in a small one. All just to get a glimpse of a big sea creature. I agree legalmania, who knows what else is in there!

I think inner-space has far spookier Aliens than outer-space-- the sea is chock full of unimaginables. I like land, personally.

I recall looking at their amazingly large nervous system in bio-psyche... they are of definite interest to neurology, imo.
    Last edited by Quiche; 01-10-2013 at 05:02 PM.

After seeing illustrations of tales of 'kraken' dragging under sailing ships in the 19th c., this fellow looks unimpressive. Sort of looks like the cousin of the lobster I dissected in twelfth grade Advanced Bio. Am sure a meeting in person would convince me otherwise, however.

BetteDavisEyes is offline "Fasten your seatbelts. It's going to be a bumpy night."

Cool

Deep sea is full of interesting life. It is not well explored. We know more about Mars's surface than the abyss.

HMS Hood
    Mighty Hood
    Pennant Number: 51
    Motto: Ventis Secundis ("With Favourable Winds")
    May 15, 1920-May 24, 1941