GUILTY UK - Yaseen Ege, 7, beaten to death, Cardiff, Wales, July 2010

Perodicticus potto

Former Member
Reaction score
From BBC News:

A mother who beat her seven-year-old son to death when he failed to memorise passages from the Koran has been jailed for life, for a minimum of 17 years.

The judge told Sara Ege, 33, she subjected Yaseen Ege to prolonged cruelty and a ferocious beating at home in Pontcanna, Cardiff, in July 2010. [...]

Ege described how Yaseen collapsed after she had beaten him while still murmuring extracts of the Koran.

"He was breathing as if he was asleep when I left him," she said. "He was still murmuring the same thing over and over again. I thought that he was just tired."

When she returned 10 minutes later she said she found her son shaking and shivering on the floor. He then died.

She then used barbecue gel to burn her son's body in an attempt to hide the evidence. [...]

As a child Sara Ege had taken part in competitions showing her knowledge of Islam and had recited from the Koran. The court heard that she had become increasingly frustrated with her son's inability to learn the passages.

_65116129_wns_yaseen_ege_01.jpg

i hope she rots.:furious:

a
_65116129_wns_yaseen_ege_01.jpg

i hope she rots.:furious:

Thanks for the picture, nellie, what a beautiful little boy....and he was still trying to please her as he died....I just don't understand where your soul goes when you kill your own child....and don't want to....

What an adorable little boy.

He suffered at least three months of brutal punishment before his murder and then she set his body on fire?

"She" beat this child with a stick and could not resist beating him and at one point believed the stick was evil. What?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2013/jan/07/mother-jailed-life-son-quran

Crying and sobbing when she found out how much time she has to serve. She'll have plenty of time to study up now.

Wth is wrong with people....I will never understand... :( Such a precious boy.

The Ege's wanted their little guy to become a Hafiz. I have almost zero knowledge of Islam aside from Jin's and some recovering crack addict telling me that I was wrong for being a Catholic.

Hafiz apparently is very rewarding and requires extensive study and memorization. A few places I looked some parents expected their children to be Hafiz by age seven.

Again I just looked at different sites and this explains it.

http://www.taqwaislamiccenter.org/hifz.html

Kind of thinking back at all the memorization we did for our Confirmation in Catholicism. We weren't that little. I recall it being a drag and some kids who weren't good at memorization getting yelled at, but that was it.

This poor innocent young boy. How despicable, the crimes committed under the guise of religion.

It looks like the dad has been cleared. I thought he was standing trial with the wife.

Heartbreaking is the father told the jury his boy was not in school the day that he was murdered because they were having a Teddy Bear Picnic and he didn't have a teddy bear.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-east-wales-20364582

That is one of the saddest things I ever heard.

This case has upset me more than any in a long time.

I wrote a blog post today with my thoughts about it. I hope it's OK to link to it here -- if not, mods, please remove it. :blushing:

Not in your image

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Witchee