Boy's donations to City Kitties inspire others: a tale of Evan, Macha, and Calvin

wfgodot

Former Member
Reaction score
Boy’s Donation to Animal Shelter Inspires Others to Give (news.yahoo.com)
---
In 2009, Evan adopted a cat named Macha from City Kitties rescue in Philadelphia. He was only 7 years old at the time, and he wanted to continue to help the organization that had connected him with his new pet.

So he saved his allowance for months and donated $46.75 to City Kitties at the end of the year. He did not stop there. Evan's donation was accompanied by a heartfelt note that read, in part, "I love cats! They are my favorite animals, and I got my cat at city kitties as well! I get an allowance every week and I chose to make a donation to you. I love that you help cats find homes. I saved this money to help you help cats."

The next year, in 2010, Evan took an interest in a cat named Calvin who was living in a foster home. Evan sprang into action again, this time setting up a stand to sell figs from his family's tree to raise money in Calvin's name. He earned $86, which he donated to City Kitties.

Evan's parents staged a little surprise for him. They told him that Calvin had been adopted, so that he would need to go say goodbye. Once Evan arrived and asked if Calvin would be living nearby, the people at City Kitties showed him the cat's new address. To Evan's surprise, it was his own.
---
a bit more, with a video, at the link

What an uplifting news article! Makes my kitty loving heart smile. :)

One person summed it up best: "The world needs more Evans. A great example to the world."

Totally agree with this comment. We need more Evans in this world.

WTG Evans :clap:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo
Back