805 users online (114 members and 691 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr

NJ - Clyde Schimanski, 15, & Nick Cianciotto, 14, Budd Lake, 7 Jan 2013

Crews search for two teenage boys in frozen N.J. lake

Crews planned to resumed their search Tuesday morning for two teenage boys who went missing after falling through ice on a New Jersey lake, reports CBS New York station WCBS-TV.

Early reports said both boys are 14 years old.

The crews spent hours Monday night searching the waters of Budd Lake, in Morris County, about 48 miles northwest of New York City, near the Pennsylvania line.

More:

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-...ozen-n.j-lake/
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Heartbreaking. Evidently, people nearby heard the screams and someone called 911. A couple on shore jumped into a boat and went out trying to find/help, but couldn't locate them.

Sounds like the ice was solid on Sunday but must've melted some yesterday.

How terribly sad...

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

How tragic!
    "Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance."~ Plato
    ~The above reflects only my opinion...

I didn't think this would end well. This breaks my heart.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

1 Body Found In Search For Missing Teens At NJ Frozen Lake

MOUNT OLIVE, N.J. (CBSNewYork) – Rescuers have recovered one body while searching for two missing teens thought to have fallen through the ice at a New Jersey lake, 1010 WINS’ Glenn Schuck reports.

More:

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/01/...h-frozen-lake/

It sounds like the residents who heard the boys' cries for help tried everything they could to help!

So often youth believes itself to be immortal. Prayers for the loved ones and the searchers
    England's dancing days are done...

Quote Originally Posted by badhorsie View Post
    So often youth believes itself to be immortal. Prayers for the loved ones and the searchers
    I think this hits home for many reasons, but also b/c when I was a child, the local lake froze over one winter (this was in Georgia and very unusual). My best friend and I set off to check it out. The last words from her mother: "Do NOT step foot on that ice. Look at me - both of you - do NOT step food on that ice." I remember those words like it was yesterday, b/c that was our plan. We lied and said that we wouldn't, and took off for the lake. We both teetered onto the edge and got more confident when we could slide, jump, hop on it. I went out further - and fell through. Luckily, it's a very shallow lake and I hit the bottom just above my knee. But it was cold. I was able to basically push my way through the ice back to shore. So this story really breaks my heart b/c I understand kids wanting adventure or to try something fun (that they can't see the danger in). To me, I thought back then that if I fell through then I would just get out, like whenever you fall in water. I had no idea the danger of falling through the ice on a pond/lake.

My heart really aches for those families.
    Last edited by belimom; 01-09-2013 at 10:49 AM.

I was raised in South Florida and didn't see snow fall until I was 23; I've never ice-skated except in a rink.

In films and novels, outdoor skating almost always ends in tragedy, so I just assume that's how it works. (I know better. But it always scares me to see people skating on a frozen pond or lake.)

Sexcond body found

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/2...nclick_check=1

but I'm glad the parents didn't have to wait too long to have their boys returned to them - I feared they might be lost under the ice until it thawed.

mikeysmommom is offline "A grandchild fills a space in your heart that you never knew was empty...."
    Budd lake was a place I use to go swimming at in the summertime when I was a kid.Such a beautiful spot. I also remember skating on it many times when it froze over never thinking it could be deadly.When your a kid you just think your parents over react and think the worse. I feel very bad for the families who lost these 2 young men,may God help them in the days a head.
    I Love You MOM 6/16/32 - 5/30/09

Justice for Travis 5/8/13

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to Life - Sentenced 6/17/11

Justice Denied for Caylee Marie Anthony
    July 5,2011

Such a tragic ending. Praying their families find the strength to get through the New Year>
    “Every day that they don’t find something is good for me.“ Billie Dunn

Horrid.....just too sad to even imagine. I know that I....and maybe many of us....look back on our young years and really wonder how we lived?!

So sad. I read that the 2nd boy (Clyde) rode his bike out to try to save the first one (Nick).

RIP, Clyde and Nick...

Clyde was trying to help save Nick? That makes me so sad.....

hollyblue is offline It may be the cock that crows, but it is the hen that lays the eggs.
    I have been fishing and learned to ice skate on this lake right after I got married. The area has changed so much in 30 + years. Rte 46 was a two lane hwy and to get to the lake you had to crawl up and over an embankment...it wasn't visable from the hwy. Much prettier now, but still as dangerous. Such a tragic and sad accident. Condolences to all the family and friends.

RIP Nick and Clyde.
    Last edited by hollyblue; 01-10-2013 at 07:18 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast