GUILTY CA - Joileen Garcia, 2, dies after chili powder punishment, Apple Valley, 6 Jan 2013

Anyone with information regarding this investigation is asked to contact Detective Rob Trostle or Sergeant Rick Bessinger at 909-387-3589.

Oh boy...what is wrong with people?

Sounds like another case of cruel and inhumane punishment inflicted by a caretaker who had no compassion and empathy. Poor little one should have been with someone who truly cared about her.

Oh no she's wearing a mini top hat.

I don't have FB so I can not see the entire FB. She lists Children International under her likes.

She is an independent beauty consultant. I am not kidding.

Note the heading of her FB...Mom. Poor child!

Nine days before she was arrested she posted this quote on her facebook:
"Without my children tomorrow wouldn't be worth the wait and yesterday wouldn't be worth remembering."

:furious: That poor little girl. So many mistreated children in the world :(

http://www.hesperiastar.com/article/20150126/NEWS/150129858/10082/NEWS

A 24-year-old Apple Valley woman convicted of killing her boyfriend’s 2-year-old daughter by forcing her to ingest chili powder was sentenced Monday to 15 years to life in prison...

Amanda Sorensen was convicted Nov. 3 of second-degree murder in the death of toddler Joileen Garcia, who suffered a seizure after being force-fed chili powder as a disciplinary measure for lying about defecating in her pants, according to a San Bernardino County Probation Department officer’s report...

Sorensen said she did not see how much powder actually went into the toddler’s mouth, “but knew it was a lot because the bottle was light,” the report stated. “During the struggle, the victim turned her head to the side and tried to spit out the powder; however, the defendant forced her hand over the victim’s mouth and pulled the victim’s head back against her stomach,” according to the report. Sorensen repeatedly ordered the toddler to, “Swallow it!” the report said. The moments that followed describe a response to a medical emergency.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wafficer
Back