1202 users online (243 members and 959 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

OR - Holly Maxner Berry, 34, Coos Bay, 3 Jan 2013

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

http://cbnb.info/index.php/Bay-Area-...bay-jan-8.html
    Holly was headed to an unknown location and hasnít returned home since. Coos Bay Police Department was able to search Hollyís apartment; however, no leads were developed. Several trails and wooded area near her apartment complex were also searched without results.
    http://theworldlink.com/news/local/p...9b128609d.html
    Berry's family said she is part of the mental health community and has not had her medication since she went missing.
    Jay Maxner said his stepdaughter only walked to buy groceries and took a cab everywhere else she went. Berry likes to wear multiple bracelets around her wrists and her mother said she always has her hair pulled back in a ponytail
    Berry's family said she would never hitchhike or get into a stranger's car. They said they believe wherever she is, it's close by.

'She has a real small world," Jay Maxner said. 'Wherever she is, it's probably fairly close to her home."

Berry liked to go for walks in the Empire Lake area, but both her parents said she has never gone on a walk there alone. The last time Berry was known to be in contact with her parents was Thursday morning when she called her mother.
    Last edited by summer_breeze; 03-18-2013 at 04:39 PM.
    "Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."
    -Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh

http://www.publichousing.com/details...dge_apartments
    Baybridge Apartments is a Disabled low income housing apartment subsidized by the federal governments HUD (Housing and Urban Development Division).

Here's a map showing where her apartment is in relation to the different places she often visited: Walmart (walked here to buy groceries), Library (where she worked parttime), Empire Lakes (where she took walks but never alone), and the Mall.
    https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=b...ra=pr&t=m&z=14
    "Promise me you'll always remember: you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."

So it has been 5 days. That is scary. I hope Holly turns up safe soon.

awesome map amber!

Again, I have to wonder who is searching and where - where are the calls for searchers?

Berry's family said she would never hitchhike or get into a stranger's car. They said they believe wherever she is, it's close by.

'She has a real small world," Jay Maxner said. 'Wherever she is, it's probably fairly close to her home."

Hopefully the latter statement is true and she's still local and safe, but I hope there is serious urgency in the search that we're not seeing as she's without her medications.

As for the first comment about her not getting into a stranger's car or hitchhiking, it's helpful to know she wouldn't be trusting of just anyone but I wonder if LE is considering someone luring her into a vehicle. Not a great thought, but better to start with a thorough parallel investigation now then later.
    "I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel

belimom is offline Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter ~MLK Jr
    Seems like her mental health issues make her much more vulnerable. I'm very worried for her.
    Fly high and free, Jhessye ~

My posts are meant to help think through possibilities and are strictly an additional opinion under circumstances when many points of view need to be considered. I apologize in advance to anyone whose potential involvement is contemplated in error. Please understand that much of what is happening is merely brainstorming during unfortunate events.

Quote Originally Posted by longtallcold View Post
    Again, I have to wonder who is searching and where - where are the calls for searchers?

"Search and Rescue team deploys for Coos Bay woman" new article from this afternoon

Police say they suspect no foul play in the disappearance of Holly Berry, and they are considering every available resource as they continue to search for her.

The CBPD has searched the areas around Berry's apartment. The Coos County Search and Rescue Team will be deployed this morning.Chapanar said three different dog teams and five to six additional volunteers will comb through the areas police already have searched.

An urban bloodhound associated with search and rescue was not used after Berry was reported missing Jan. 3, although welfare checks were performed by police.

more at link

http://theworldlink.com/news/local/s...ment_form=true
    "I swore never to be silent whenever and wherever human beings endure suffering and humiliation. We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Elie Wiesel

Being gone 5 days already doesn't sound good at all. It makes me sick to even think what could have happened. I sure hope that inner feeling of mine is way off track and she's found quickly and safely!!

Quote Originally Posted by Breazy View Post
    Being gone 5 days already doesn't sound good at all. It makes me sick to even think what could have happened. I sure hope that inner feeling of mine is way off track and she's found quickly and safely!!
    Same here, I hope LE has a reason not to suspect foul play... maybe she has a friend in the area who she's run off with or there's some other unknown, but... doesn't seem to add up. These first few days are so critical and it makes me anxious to see each day go by...

a surveillance image of Holly at Grocery Outlet possibly the day she went missing....trying to confirm the day. Taken from the find holly Facebook page.

Eta: said to be taken the day she went missing by the admin on the find holly Facebook page....time not known.
    Last edited by amberdawn723; 01-09-2013 at 12:27 PM.

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=b...ra=pr&t=m&z=14
    Added grocery outlet to the map.....

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast