Found Deceased SC - Tebble Garrett, 17, pregnant, Pickens, 18 Oct 1988 *found in 2020*

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
NamUs MP # 12521 https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12521/22

Tebble Anita Garrett
Nickname/Alias Peaches, Tennessee, Chastity, Trina

No Photo Available

LKA
Date LKA: October 18, 1988
Age LKA: 17
Loc LKA: Pickens, South Carolina​

Vital Stats
Race: Caucasian
Sex: Female
Height (inches): 65.0
Weight (lbs): 115.0
Hair Color: Blond/Strawberry
Eye Color: Green
Scars and marks Scar on right calf and above left eye, needle marks on left and right arms
Tattoos Tattoo on left hand of a cross, a heart on right ankle and "easy" on inside of her bottom lip.​

Circumstances:
Pregnant at the time of her disappearance​

Identifiers:
DNA: Not Available
Dentals: Not Available
Fingerprints: Not Available​

I was googling around to try to find a photo for Tebble Garrett's No-Photo NamUs casefile.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/12521/22

I came across a facebook page for a woman by the same name.

https://www.facebook.com/tebble.garrett

She is close to the right age - She lists her HS grad year as 1988. MP Tebble Garrett was 17 years old when she was last seen in October of 1988. (Given the grad year, I would expect that she would be 18 in Oct'88, but she might have skipped a grade or started elementary school early).

She also lists her current residence as Traveler's Rest SC, and her hometown as Greenville SC, both of which are only about 20 miles from Pickens SC (i.e., MP TG's listed Location LKA).

This would seem to be an awfully big coincidence for this not to be the same person. There are not too many women around named "Tebble", not to mention those with the same surname who are the same age and live in the same part of South Carolina.

You suppose someone might want to get in contact with this woman to see if they can close a 24-year old MP case?

ETA: I dropped off an e-mail to Brenda Galarza of the NCMEC. She says that they are working with LE to track her down.

I am a family member of Tebble and we too have found this facebook page and believe this could be her. Tebble was a month away from turning 18 when she went missing. She did attend Carolina High but she also attended 2 other high schools. And Tebble was a name that a family member had made up just for her.

Thanks for joining us and providing that info.

It seems that it wouldn't be hard for the Pickens County Sheriff to locate her. Has anyone tried to send her a facebook private message? I would think that if she is putting out a facebook page, she isn't trying to keep her existence and whereabouts a secret.

I sent her a message today, just asked her if she was the same person, and if she was I gave the phone number of LE so she could have herself removed from their lists. Otherwise apologised if it's not her, or she just doesn't want to.

It looks like the Facebook account might be a fraud of some kind. I did Google image search on the photo, it was the old blog profile photo of another woman called NR (won't post whole name here). Blog has a new photo now. I found the blog owner a few other places on the internet and she really can't be Tebble, as this person is in touch with their mother, natural hair colour is brown, and also has very clearly blue eyes, plus other stuff.

So why did someone create an account with the name and information of a missing teenager but using someone else's photo?

Really weird.

Hi, Tebble is my cousin, and I have also viewed this fb page. I really didnt think the pic was her. She and I were very close, and I know she would not be that close to home, and not be in touch with someone. I am very desperate for news of her, since we have been waiting almost 25 yrs. Thanks to all of you trying to help!

Hi, Tebble is my cousin, and I have also viewed this fb page. I really didnt think the pic was her. She and I were very close, and I know she would not be that close to home, and not be in touch with someone. I am very desperate for news of her, since we have been waiting almost 25 yrs. Thanks to all of you trying to help!

I hope she can be find! Someone upthread mentioned that Tebble went to two other highschools other than Carolina High School, do you know what those schools were? Do you by any chance have any photos of Tebble, or access to any?

Also, I was wondering when her birthday was?

I'm really confused about who might have set up the Facebook account, as the person they have 'friended' seem to be real actual people, all from South Carolina.

I do not have any photos of Tebble except when she was very young. For some reason there werent many of her, and her mother had most of those. There has been some problems with this case from the beginning. The PCSD did a real poor job! At one point her info was out of the system for about four years. She attended Pickens High School for a short time I know. Her birthday is November 11th, I think 1970, maybe 1971. I will see if I can locate some pics of her!

I do not have any photos of Tebble except when she was very young. For some reason there werent many of her, and her mother had most of those. There has been some problems with this case from the beginning. The PCSD did a real poor job! At one point her info was out of the system for about four years. She attended Pickens High School for a short time I know. Her birthday is November 11th, I think 1970, maybe 1971. I will see if I can locate some pics of her!

Thank you! Yeah, it doesn't seem like they've investigated it very much, and it's a shame the info was out of the system for so long.

Do you by any chance remember or know how pregnant Tebble was when she was last seen? Even an estimate might help - like if she was already showing, or how heavily.

Also, just wanted to say that Tebble, if it really is her, is also on classmates http://www.classmates.com/people/Tebble-Garrett/10000143025

It would be great if someone could provide a picture. Even from a yearbook we know when and where she went to school.

The only person I could find that could possible be her (in SC yearbooks from the 80s) is a Trina Garrett, that in 1983 was finishing 8th grade at Tabernacle Christian High School in Greenville. Could that be her? It's a b&w photo but the girl looks to have blonde or light brown hair. It's not Tebble or Anita, but Trina is listed as an alias for Tebble on NamUs.

ETA: Just checked, I don't think it is a photo of her as there are others listing this Trina with the name Kattrina. Oh well.

No, that is not her. Idk where she got Trina, just some made up name. She got herself into a bad situation and am not sure what could have happened to her. I do not know for sure how far along she was, although I did see her last, about two weeks before she went missing. She didnt even look pregnant. I keep hoping, considering what she was mixed up in, that maybe she is in witness protection somewhere. Who knows, it has been so sad for us not knowing.:please:

Update: she is now on Charley with a picture!

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/g/garrett_tebble.html

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_2851.PNG
    IMG_2851.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 152

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics