1179 users online (202 members and 977 guests)  

Websleuths News

OH - High-Tech Stalking

http://wkrc.com/news/local/story.asp...B-982E7860E4D4

local man charged with high-tech stalking turned himself into police.

Officials said John Johnson installed a hidden camera on his ex-girlfriend's computer, and watched her every move.

Johnson is also charged with breaking into another woman's home in January, and trying to rape her.

Johnson turned himself into police on Tuesday. He faces several charges, including: unauthorized use of property and aggravated burglary. He could face up to 8 years in prison, and be labeled a sexual predator, if convicted.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/...sinessman.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

mysteriew, I don't have quotes, but I've heard two stories locally similar to this.

1. A guy put a camera in his bathroom to film his children's friends & babysitter.

2. A guy put a mini-camera in a lava lamp and had his daughter give it to her best friend.

Two different guys. What they all go to pervert school together?????

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom
    mysteriew, I don't have quotes, but I've heard two stories locally similar to this.

1. A guy put a camera in his bathroom to film his children's friends & babysitter.

2. A guy put a mini-camera in a lava lamp and had his daughter give it to her best friend.

I think they are just looking at new technology in ways to suit their purposes. A year or so ago we also had a guy who mounted a GPS unit in his ex-girlfriends car. He kept showing up wherever she was, even when she went out of town.
    When my daughter started college I warned her about going to college dorms, to watch for web cams- as they can be used to broadcast intimate moments.
    Almost anything can be used for the wrong purpose, it just takes time for perverts to think up new uses.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I just caught a quick piece on tv talking about cyber bullying. One young boy ended up committing suicide. The kids were talking about how bad it can get at school and then if follows you home into your computer.

http://www.wmur.com/news/22958692/detail.html

Stalkers Take Advantage Of High-Tech Cell Phones
    Devices Used By Some Stalkers To Track Victims

UPDATED: 11:54 pm EDT March 25, 2010

SOMERSWORTH, N.H. -- Cell phones have become a pervasive tool in society, but experts warn the technology can also be used by stalkers to track their victims.

Local police said they are starting to see more cases in which high-tech devices are in the wrong hands.
    Very good video at link
    My posts and their content are MY OPINION unless I have provided a link
    and are not to be copied and pasted to other sites or pages without my permission.

Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post

not local but dont forget the school thats spying on its students thru the computers they gave them

Quote Originally Posted by kbl8201 View Post
    not local but dont forget the school thats spying on its students thru the computers they gave them
    I didn't read about that. (Can you give me a hint on what to search to read about it?) Thanks in advance if you can help!

Technology can be pretty scary. I thought it was amazing that a tech in Texas could operate my home computer to help me fix it. I also found it amazing that we can find our homes on one application (photos from satellite or whatever it is?)

Quote Originally Posted by Boyz_Mum View Post
    I didn't read about that. (Can you give me a hint on what to search to read about it?) Thanks in advance if you can help!

Technology can be pretty scary. I thought it was amazing that a tech in Texas could operate my home computer to help me fix it. I also found it amazing that we can find our homes on one application (photos from satellite or whatever it is?)
    there's a thread here. let me see if i can bump it up for you

grrrrrrrr guess its been awhile since it was updated