1093 users online (256 members and 837 guests)  

Websleuths News

Dog shaved to look like lion sparks 911 call in Norfolk

NORFOLK

The 911 caller reported that the baby lion was walking down Colley Avenue, possibly looking for food, near 50th Street. So police called the Virginia Zoo around 10:15 a.m. to make sure the lions were all accounted for, said Winfield Danielson, a zoo spokesman.

Mramba, the male lion, and Zola, the female, were in their habitats.

As it turns out, it was Charles the Monarch that was out and about.

Neighborhood regulars know Charles, who hangs out with his owner at Daniel Painter's business, Daniel's Lawn & Garden Center, on Colley Avenue.

Charles is a cross of Labrador retriever and poodle shaved to look like the mascot of Old Dominion University.

http://hamptonroads.com.nyud.net/201...1-call-norfolk

LOL, he is adorable!!!
    ~ let the storm wash over you, because somewhere beneath, there is your balance and wisdom ~

Rosemadderlake

Dunno, but if I had a terrible emergency, I would nope not to get those operators, especially #3. I have to be nit-picky, but .... My apologies to all of the sharp-as-a-tack 911 operators out there.

lol, that dog is a friggin dor able
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

I showed the pic to my 4 year old and her response was "pretty doggie". Haha even she knew that's no lion. Lol
    "Words can break someone into a million pieces, but they can also put them back together. I hope you use yours for good, because the only words you'll regret more than the ones left unsaid are the ones you use to intentionally hurt someone."

*** THIS POST IS JMO (unless a link is provided) AND IS ONLY FOR USE ON WEBSLEUTHS -- PLEASE DO NOT LINK OR COPY IT ELSEWHERE ***