1260 users online (227 members and 1033 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

How do I...

...add one of Cass's links to my signature?
    Thanks--
    Karen

poco is offline A cat will blink when struck with a hammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuntieKaren
    ...add one of Cass's links to my signature?
    Thanks--
    Karen
    IM her and ask

So often times it happens that we live our life in chains, and we never even know we have the key. ...Eagles, "Already Gone"

Quote Originally Posted by poco
    IM her and ask
    Um, OK...

hi karen, do you want the photos to show? or just a link to them that people have to click on?

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    hi karen, do you want the photos to show? or just a link to them that people have to click on?

Hi Cass-
    Just the links, like you have on yours. But I want to change the names--"Misty" and "Simon."
    Karen

Auntie Karen, I am still not 100% sure what you mean... do you see links in people signatures? or do you see the actual photos?

Here is a pic of Misty & Simon to use http://www.casshew.com/Misty&Simon.jpg

Let me know if you need any help adding to your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Casshew
    Auntie Karen, I am still not 100% sure what you mean... do you see links in people signatures? or do you see the actual photos?

Here is a pic of Misty & Simon to use http://www.casshew.com/Misty&Simon.jpg

Let me know if you need any help adding to your signature.
    Cass--
    I'm sorry, I guess I don't mean in my signature but down below like you have on your posts. That's what I want.
    Karen

Hi Karen

Here are some links that might help you.

If you want the photo to actually show, click here

If you just want to add the image as a link underneath each post, click on User Control Panel and then edit signature, then in the open box, just like a message box when replying to a thread, copy and paste the link(s) you want.

i.e. if you want it to say...

Mama to Misty and Simon
    http://www.casshew.com/Misty&Simon.jpg

then just copy and paste that into the message area, and hit Save Signature, underneath, on the left hand side. Or, you can hit Preview Signature, underneath, on the right hand side, to see what it will actually look like once you've saved it.

I know this can be so aggravating, but you can do what you want with some patience. If you have any troubles, please feel free to e-mail me.

With love and HOPE, Lanie

Thanks, Lanie!
    That is exactly the information I was seeking!
    Karen

Good deal

If you need anything, you can e-mail me anytime.
    I'll be happy to help you in any way I can.

Praying for you, always. So proud of YOU.

Whisper a prayer for Kelly this afternoon, she has press on "Come Home".
    \o/ So much anticipation, but so excited for all the missing.

Love in Christ, Lanie

Lanie--
    I followed your directions and Elf's tutorial but my link didn't come out "clickable." (Please look at it.) How do I make it come out "blue?"
    Thanks--
    Karen

Lanie--
    I followed your directions and Elf's tutorial but my link didn't come out "clickable." (Please look at it.) How do I make it come out "blue?"
    Thanks--
    Karen
    Karen, you have posted a "link" and it's not a working one because you have the HTML tags for the image code on it. Did you instead want the photo to show? What you need to do under the User CP, Edit Signature, is click on the icon of the mountain. In the box that will pop-up, enter the URL you have for this link, i.e. www.casshew.com... then save signature.(Or you could just try deleting the img code tags) Is this clear?
    She is hosting the photo on her server, if this is what you mean by Cass's link. You do have to have your photo already hosted on the web to be able to use it, I have my own accounts through my DSL.

P.S. Cass only adds text to photos to make signatures in Photoshop (anyone with a photoeditor can do that), these are not hotspot links to sites.
    Last edited by LinasK; 02-19-2005 at 09:32 PM.
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

[QUOTE=LinasK]What you need to do under the User CP, Edit Signature, is click on the icon of the mountain. In the box that will pop-up, enter the URL you have for this link, i.e. www.casshew.com... then save signature.(Or you could just try deleting the img code tags) QUOTE]

Thanks, but, I tried that and it still doesn't work.
    Karen

Thanks, but, I tried that and it still doesn't work.
    Karen
    In your sig. it still shows they are there, Karen. See ([IMG]www.casshew.com/Misty&Simon.jpg[/IMG])

Practice with it a bit, you'll get it. Be patient. Delete the whole thing, and just try www.casshew.com/Misty&Simon.jpg , ok ?

Blessings, Lanie

Lanie--
    Bless you for your patience.
    I've done everything you told me to and it's still wrong.
    Karen

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast