Oscar Nominations 2013

~n/t~

Reaction score
'Lincoln,' 'Life of Pi,' top Oscar nominations

Up to 10 films can be nominated in the best picture category, and this year, nine were chosen. "Beasts of the Southern Wild," "Silver Linings Playbook" and "Amour" were three of the lesser-known titles making the cut. "Zero Dark Thirty," "Lincoln," "Les Miserables," "Life of Pi," "Django Unchained" and "Argo" were among the other.

http://todayentertainment.today.com...lincoln-life-of-pi-top-oscar-nominations?lite

Thanks ~n/t~. I'm glad to see that they didn't feel the need to fill the field of ten with some backmarker. Some years there probably should be as few as 4 nominees. I haven't seen any of those listed but I definitely want to see a couple of them.

Thanks ~n/t~. I'm glad to see that they didn't feel the need to fill the field of ten with some backmarker. Some years there probably should be as few as 4 nominees. I haven't seen any of those listed but I definitely want to see a couple of them.

You're welcome! I haven't seen any of them either. Apparently Django is very violent and 3 hours long. A coworker went to see it.

Les Miserables - 2 1/2 hours - Boss thought it was boring and didn't appreciate that it was theatrical but he's not into that type of stuff. Told him he should've gone to see Django instead. LOL

On my list Argo and Lincoln for sure! Never heard of Zero Dark Thirty but will look it up.

I kind-of wish Prometheus had been nominated though since "true" science fiction is a genre that has never won Best Picture. There was a sorta contemporary Sci-Fi in Around the World in 80 Days but it's hard to view it as that genre today.

Horror did finally break through with Silence of the Lambs.

I kind-of wish Prometheus had been nominated though since "true" science fiction is a genre that has never won Best Picture. There was a sorta contemporary Sci-Fi in Around the World in 80 Days but it's hard to view it as that genre today.

Horror did finally break through with Silence of the Lambs.

Wow Prometheus sounds interesting! Have to add it to my list.

A team of explorers discover a clue to the origins of mankind on Earth, leading them on a journey to the darkest corners of the universe. There, they must fight a terrifying battle to save the future of the human race.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1446714/

Didn't Avatar win an Oscar? I can't remember. Not sure if you consider that true science fiction though, lol!

Yes, Avatar did win but I think it's considered more of a fantasy but I guess you could consider it sorta borderline Sci-Fi as is Around the World In 80 Days by modern standards.

I think Avatar was the first 3-D movie to win Best Picture.

The nominees for best actor are Day-Lewis ("Lincoln"), Hugh Jackman ("Les Miserables"), Denzel Washington ("Flight"), Joaquin Phoenix ("The Master") and Bradley Cooper ("Silver Linings Playbook").

The nominees for best actress are Wallis ("Beasts of the Southern Wild"), Jessica Chastain ("Zero Dark Thirty"), Jennifer Lawrence ("Silver Linings Playbook"), Naomi Watts ("The Impossible") and Emmanuelle Riva ("Amour").

The nominees for best supporting actor are Jones ("Lincoln"), Robert De Niro ("Silver Linings Playbook"), Philip Seymour Hoffman ("The Master"), Alan Arkin ("Argo") and Christoph Waltz ("Django Unchained").

The nominees for best supporting actress are Field ("Lincoln"), Amy Adams ("The Master"), Anne Hathaway ("Les Miserables"), Helen Hunt ("The Sessions") and Jacki Weaver ("Silver Linings Playbook").

The nominees for best supporting actress are Field ("Lincoln"), Amy Adams ("The Master"), Anne Hathaway ("Les Miserables"), Helen Hunt ("The Sessions") and Jacki Weaver ("Silver Linings Playbook").

The nominees for best director are Spielberg ("Lincoln"), Zeitlin ("Beasts of the Southern Wild"), David O. Russell ("Silver Linings Playbook"), Lee ("Life of Pi") and Haneke ("Amour").

http://www.cnn.com/2013/01/10/showbiz/movies/oscar-nominations/index.html

Yes, Avatar did win but I think it's considered more of a fantasy but I guess you could consider it sorta borderline Sci-Fi as is Around the World In 80 Days by modern standards.

I think Avatar was the first 3-D movie to win Best Picture.

Avatar didn't win Best Picture. It won Best Art Direction, Best Cinematography, and Best Special Effects.

if you didn't see Jack Nicholson scamming on Jennifer Lawrence after she won the Best Actress Oscar for Silver Linings Playbook, check out the video. it's way funny

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJmhsJ5T5L0"]Jennifer Lawrence, Jack Nicholson Interruption Makes Waves After Oscars; Anne Hathaway on Big Win - YouTube[/ame]

I wasn't crazy about her SLP performance but thought she was outstanding in Winter's Bone. anyway, there's an update:

Earlier this week, it was revealed that Nicholson sent Jennifer Lawrence flowers and a bottle of champagne after their famous 2013 Oscars backstage run-in.

"He's sent me flowers and a bottle of Cristal and a note that said 'Missing you already.'"

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/entertainment-eonline/20131227/b494217/

The tiger in Life of Pi almost drowned during filming. I don't think this film deserves an Oscar nomination.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back