OH - Doug Johnson, 47, shot to death on I-75, St Bernard, Feb 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
Shots Fired At Pickup Truck On I-71

LAST UPDATE: 2/16/2005 2:51:00 PM

Police are looking for a suspect who shot at another car. It happened at about 5:00 am Wednesday on Interstate-71 northbound at Ridge Avenue. Authorities believe this was not a random shooting. Police are not releasing many details at this time. No one was hurt in the shooting.

A man and his girlfriend were traveling in a white truck when they say someone in a black Escalade pulled up behind them on the interstate and fired four rounds. Officers found several bullet holes in the truck and are looking for witnesses at this time. Again, police do not believe this shooting is random.

If you have any information that might help police call CrimeStoppers at (513) 352-3040

http://wkrc.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=D75BF8A1-1529-4C6B-B2AF-8FF8D7E5A9FB

I-75 Driver's Death Ruled Homicide

Reported by: 9News
Web produced by: WCPO.com Staff
Photographed by: 9News
Last updated: 2/16/2005 6:01:46 PM
The death of a man found shot in the face along I-75 Tuesday night has been ruled a homicide.

Investigators are still piecing together the rest of the case.

Around 6:30 p.m. witnesses called 911 reporting an erratic southbound driver who eventually crashed into a southbound semi just north of the Mitchell exit.

When police got to the scene, they found 47-year-old Doug A. Johnson slumped over the wheel of a white Ford Taurus. The car was stopped along the side of the interstate.

Police say Johnson was shot in the face, and was bleeding profusely.

Investigators have determined that the shooting occurred while Johnson was inside the car.

No weapon was found inside the vehicle.

It's unknown if the shooting was accidental or intentional.

http://www.wcpo.com/news/2005/local/02/15/75_shooting.html

Shots Fired At Driver Along Highway

Three bullets hit the truck

Reported by: 9News
Web produced by: WCPO.com Staff
Photographed by: 9News
Last updated: 2/16/2005 11:29:45 AM
Police say the victim of a drive-by shooting along I-71 near Ridge Road may have just been involved in a drug deal.

Police say the victim and a woman were in a pickup northbound on I-71 around 5 a.m. Wednesday when a Cadillac Escalade came up behind them and shot at them.

The Escalade got off the interstate at Stewart Road. The pickup driver continued into Madeira, where he pulled over and called police.

Neither the driver nor the passenger was hurt but police say the man had been cited Tuesday for a traffic violation in Madisonville.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4204031/detail.html

Fatal Shooting And I-75 Crash Is Murder Mystery
Coroner Rules Out Suicide, Accidental Self-Shooting

POSTED: 2:05 am EST February 16, 2005
UPDATED: 5:06 pm EST February 16, 2005

CINCINNATI -- The coroner has ruled a homicide in the bizarre case of a driver who was shot in the face and crashed on I-75, apparently while trying to drive himself to the hospital.

The victim was Doug A. Johnson, 47, of Roselawn. He died from the gunshot, police said.

The coroner said it was a distant shooting, meaning the gun was more than 2 feet from Johnson's face when it went off. That ruled out a suicide or accidental, self-shooting.

The evidence in the car, including the blood splatter, proves that Johnson was shot while sitting inside his car, the coroner said.

Who shot him, where and why is still a mystery.

Police are considering several possibilities, including:

· Road rage.

· Drive-by or random shooting.

· Attempted robbery while the car was stopped.

· Mistaken identity or a shot intended for someone else.

St. Bernard police are asking for the public's help. Anyone who saw a 2002 white Ford Taurus with newer Ohio plates driving erratically on I-75 or the Norwood Lateral Tuesday evening should call police at (513) 242-2727.

Police confirmed that Johnson lived with a juvenile son, and police are helping him and his classmates cope with the death.

Johnson crashed his car about 6:40 p.m. Tuesday just north of Mitchell Avenue.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4202459/detail.html

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/news/4209809/detail.html

CINCINNATI -- News 5's Courtis Fuller gave police their first big break in the case of the man found shot in the face and lifeless in his crashed car on I-75 this week. Now police are following that lead.

Police want to talk to this man shown greeting Doug Johnson in a store surveillance video.

They want you to take a look at this man. He may have been one of the last people to see Doug Johnson alive Tuesday night, and police want to talk to him.

Fuller set out to track Johnson's movements before he was found in St. Bernard at 6:40 p.m. Tuesday. When Fuller went to the United Dairy Farmers store in Golf Manor, workers said they thought Johnson had been there.

Fuller asked to see the surveillance video, and it showed Johnson entering the store at 5:37 p.m. – one hour before his body was found.

It also showed a young man greeting Johnson and shaking hands.

After seeing the video, police believe more and more that this was a random shooting, Fuller reported.

They don't know where the 47-year-old Roselawn man was shot or why, and they didn't have any leads, St. Bernard police Chief Steve Moeller said.

Moeller said Johnson had dropped off his young son at basketball in Silverton at 5:15 or 5:30.

Johnson was headed to work at a janitorial service he operated in Cumminsville when he was shot, Fuller reported.

St. Bernard police ask anyone who saw Johnson's car, a 2002 white Ford Taurus with newer Ohio plates, on I-75 or the Norwood Lateral Tuesday evening to call them at (513) 242-2727. Witnesses reported the car had been zig-zagging before it crashed.

"We're concerned with 5:30 p.m. to 6:40 p.m.," Moeller said.

Investigators say Johnson was shot inside his car.

They ruled out suicide and an accidental self-shooting when the coroner's report came back.

The coroner said it was a distant shooting, meaning the gun was more than 2 feet from Johnson's face when it went off.

i know this is an old one, and i live in cincy but this was a while ago so i honestly dont remember, but was this ever solved?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back