GUILTY FL - Dontrell Melvin, 5 mos, Hallandale Beach, July 2011

The Cheese

Reaction score
A 6-month old baby was reported missing Wednesday night — nearly 18 months after the now-2-year-old child went missing.

snip

Calvin Melvin, the missing boy’s biological father, told the investigator that his son is with his grandparents and that he has been living since 2011.

When police went to the grandparents’ house, they were told the grandparents hadn’t seen the boy in over a year.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/01/10/toddler-reported-missing-18-mos-after-disappearing/

408677_10151224904942582_1670229764_n.jpg

Wait a minute. Who called CPS, the dad? The mom? Two of the three were found with the mom? Whose parents was the child supposed to be with, paternal or maternal. I am confused. I really really hope this child is a happy 2 year old living with a loving family somewhere.

Father disappears as search for missing baby gears up

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/crime/fl-missing-hallandale-baby-20130110,0,5891429.story

The mother contacted authorities in October 2012 because Melvin had not allowed her to see her son during the previous 16 months.

The Florida Department of Children and Families conducted an investigation but the findings were unknown, Flournoy said.

The mother gave birth to another son, fathered by Melvin, since the disappearance of Dontrell. She and other relatives have been cooperating with police, Flournoy said.

So the mother and father of the baby lived together? No one questioned where this baby was for 18 months, grandparents, mom, aunts, uncles?

So the mother and father of the baby lived together? No one questioned where this baby was for 18 months, grandparents, mom, aunts, uncles?

I keep reading the articles and I can't figure it out. Poor sweet little baby.

Melvin lived with the child's biological mother. He is father to two of her three children.

"The mother has indicated that she hasn't seen her child since July 2011," Flournoy said. "She has questioned the father on numerous occasions as to the whereabouts of the child and the father always indicated that the child was with his mother, the child's grandparents, in Pompano."
The mother may have accepted the arrangement because of financial pressures and the perception her son would be better off with his grandparents, he said.

"Although the mother wanted to see the child, [she] was supportive of that [arrangement]," he said.
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/local/crime/fl-missing-hallandale-baby-20130110,0,5891429.story

BBM-It says they lived together but I know reporting isn't always accurate. But if they did live together...once again, another story that makes zero sense.

yeah there is a Fb for the 'father' and poor Dontrell's 'mother' BJS ( she mention Dontrell and a sibling in a Dec 2011 post)
odd , imo
smh, poor little baby

also a FB for mom w/o middle name

this is not good

Sadly, I am not surprised this happened in FL. FL is notorious for absent children going unnoticed for appalling amounts of time. For example, Rilya Wilson and Caylee Anthony.

I am so confused.. So the father knew where the baby was, but would not let the mother see him..but they had another child together is that it? I am so lost.. Please let this child be safe.

Man named person of interest in missing toddler

Police are searching for a man who, they believe, is a person of interest in the case of a toddler who has not been seen for 18 months.
That person, police said, is Calvin Melvin Jr. He is wanted for questioning in the disappearance of Dontrell Melvin, who is about 2 years old. He has not been seen since July 2011. Police believe the last person to have seen the child is his father, Melvin Jr.

Read more: http://www.wsvn.com/news/articles/l...of-interest-in-missing-toddler/#ixzz2HdLomn8s

Calvin Melvin Jr. was the focus of a paternity and child support lawsuit filed by the state Department of Revenue on behalf of Margaret J. Persaud in August 2010, when the mother would have been about three months pregnant with Dontrell.

A court hearing was scheduled for January 2011 to dismiss the claim. It was dismissed in March 2011, one month after Dontrell was born. The Department of Revenue appealed the dismissal and won in June 2011, one month before Dontrell disappeared, according to Florida Department of Law Enforcement records.

someone with the same last name as 'father' says on one of his FB pics posted mobile Dec 2011, on April 12, 2012 'I miss don don"

???:waitasec:

ETA- Oh Miss Sunshine you saw that too!!! Isn't that crazy odd???

according to Fb the mother of Dontrell is BJS or BS ( she made a new FB recently)

I wonder if that paternity and child support lawsuit with MJP was for an older child of his? He does have a pic of a young boy on his FB, that is not on her FB.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back