Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    carbuff is offline ebook Bad Fairies available from Torridbooks.com, Amazon, B&N
    I wonder if the father was so abusive to the mother that she was afraid to ask questions? And if so, the next baby might not have been her decision, either...

I'm not saying it's so, just wondering. I don't have a good feeling about this poor baby.
    Opinions expressed are strictly my own (who else would they belong to???)

2. The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to carbuff For This Useful Post:

Cubby is online now 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    While they were not right around the corner, it is only a 30 minute drive between Hallandale Beach and Pompano Beach.

Hallandale Beach, FL to Pompano Beach, FL - Google Maps

I wonder what excuses 'dad' (and I use that term loosely) gave his parents when they asked to come see Dontrell.
    Last edited by KateB; 04-26-2015 at 05:49 PM. Reason: repair url tag.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Websleuths Resource Center

Call Kurtis - Psychics and the Missing

4. The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Dec 2011 she references Dontrell on FB-
    God gave me the greatest gift of all my two boys...luv u ___ and dontrell

so that would be after he was gone???

6. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

Something is SO not right with this. How can no one *seriously* question the whereabouts of this boy until 16 months later? How could Mum not want to see her son, or speak to his grandparents who were 'caring for' him when they were only a short distance away? And what did they tell the grandparents who were 'caring for' him when they wanted to see their grandson? Either this is one VERY dysfunctional family, or everyone has an idea of what happened but were too afraid to bring it up.

And don't even get me STARTED on whoever at CPS decided this case wasn't worth investigating. I'm in no way belittling the work that they do, but clearly someone dropped the ball on this one.

I believe LE have already figured this one out, but don't have the evidence for a case yet. Dad's already changed his story from leaving the boy with his Mum to leaving him at a fire station, AND he's gone missing since the child was reported missing.

Poor little Dontrell. How could no one be on his side?

I don't feel like this is going to have a very happy ending at all, but I pray that this beautiful child can at least be brought home so he can be laid to rest instead of being somewhere out in this great big world on his own.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

8. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to Public_Hysteria For This Useful Post:

I am curious if the paternal grandparents even knew about the new baby.
    And I can't even find a Senior in Pompano as far as paternal grandparents plural. Maybe just a grandmother...

10. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

In October 2012, Hallandale Beach police caught a whiff of trouble. They received a report that the mother was having “custody issues” with Melvin. That report may have been in conjunction with a service call to the home in which cops responded to a fight between the parents.

A report generated at that time referenced the missing child, stating: “It is not known if the child is alive.”

The Broward Sheriff’s Office, which investigates abuse and neglect in Broward under contract with the Department of Children & Families, didn’t learn any of that because the report was “screened out” by DCF’s child abuse hotline, even though Dontrell’s extended family had previously been under the supervision of Broward’s privately run child welfare agency, ChildNet.

More months passed.

Dontrell returned to DCF’s radar Wednesday night after another call came into the child abuse hotline. As a result of that call, which was not “screened out,” a child protective investigator went to the family’s Hallandale Beach home — finding the two children instead of the expected three.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/01/1...#storylink=cpy
    So many people failed this child. A report generated in October not knowing if the child was alive and then DCF screening it out. Somebody should have intervened in October and I don't understand why they did not. Why didn't the police that responded to the call do something?

12. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to MissSunshine For This Useful Post:

Cubby is online now 50K reward, Bob Harrod-Missing: Call Det. Radomski 714-993-8176
    Quote Originally Posted by Public_Hysteria View Post
    Something is SO not right with this. How can no one *seriously* question the whereabouts of this boy until 16 months later? How could Mum not want to see her son, or speak to his grandparents who were 'caring for' him when they were only a short distance away? And what did they tell the grandparents who were 'caring for' him when they wanted to see their grandson? Either this is one VERY dysfunctional family, or everyone has an idea of what happened but were too afraid to bring it up.
    Respectfully snipped.

I don't think everyone has an idea about what happened. My gut is telling me 'dad' was putting off both his parents and Dontrell's mother when they each asked about Dontrell. I honestly believe he had two stories going with each side for a long time until his excuses weren't working any more.

What I fail to understand is how he managed to keep the story going beyond Dontrell's 1st Christmas.

Or dad just had no relationship with his parents for a long time, so they never asked and he just had the one story he gave Dontrell's mother.

I think something bad happened to Dontrell the day his father left with him and returned without him. I just hope he tells the truth now for everyone's sake.
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Childnet needs to changes their name to something that doesn'tt sound like they let children SLIP THROUGH, grr

where is that little bitty, he is so cute
    I wonder if she was working and he was supposed to be babysitting- wonder if the older child went with
    oh i will never sleep, poor baby

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sreshowtime For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sreshowtime View Post
    I am curious if the paternal grandparents even knew about the new baby.
    And I can't even find a Senior in Pompano as far as paternal grandparents plural. Maybe just a grandmother...

That's a good question. The MSM articles upthread read they haven't seen him in over a year. Now I am wondering if they mean that for the grandparents AND mom, or just mom? Hopefully that will be cleared up.
    ~JMO~

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Cubby For This Useful Post:

Yeah-I don't think there is going to be a large ground search for this little one...hopefully a major investigation reveals all the parties that need to be prosecuted on this case.

19. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CarmelEyesD For This Useful Post:

The couple has 2 other children together.

They both are now in the custody of the Department of Children and Families.

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2013/01/10...-disappearing/

21. The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to CarmelEyesD For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MissSunshine View Post
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,5891429.story

So she contacted authorities in October and this is just now coming out? I wonder what Florida Department of Children and Families findings were.

They probably only just got around to visiting.

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NSS For This Useful Post:

Not ready to blame Mum yet.
    A 'dad' that can dispose of a baby is likely abusive to Mom too.

Having been in an abusive relationship, I can attest to the fact that once questions start producing anger, the questioning quickly stops.

I was prevented from calling my own family, didn't even have an address or phone number for his brother and only niece (and we were together 14 years before I escaped).

25. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to NSS For This Useful Post:

Oh no. As much time has gone by there 's almost no chance of any evidence anywhere to help find this baby .

27. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SCHMAE For This Useful Post:

I wonder if he could have given or sold the baby to someone. (Trying to cling to some hope that little Dontrell is alive somewhere)

29. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to DylansMom34 For This Useful Post:

Page 4 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast