CANADA Canada - Karen Caughlin, 14, Sarnia, Ont, 16 March 1974

Mileage

Reaction score
38 year old cold case in Sarnia Lambton. The family of Karen Caughlin is still looking for answers and justice all these years later. I have provided a link to the Ontario Provincial Police website providing some details of the investigation to get you started. Thank you.

http://www.opp.ca/cibui/html/displaycase.php?id=17

If you do a Google search on KC's name you will find links showing what I mean by years of frustration the family has struggled with in regards to LE's handling of this case. IMO

Can we speculate here if we use MOO?

Yes I believe so. As you can see this case has been around for almost 4 decades. Any information or ideas could be useful. IMO the LE not investigating the purple car was a huge mistake and disappointment.

It is my opinion that they did investigate the car, did they not? Wasnt there an article that said they did but it was a year and a half after it was tipped? Ill have to find article.

It is my opinion that they did investigate the car, did they not? Wasnt there an article that said they did but it was a year and a half after it was tipped? Ill have to find article.

The car has not been investigated as you can see by this article. IMO OPP Detective IM should be removed from the case. His quotes appear callous and highly unprofessional.

From what ive read .... I don't understand .... Did someone see her get out of the vehicle at her friends house or is this what is told to police by the boys?
I guess my big question mark is if she ever was dropped off at her girlfriends house.

From what ive read .... I don't understand .... Did someone see her get out of the vehicle at her friends house or is this what is told to police by the boys?
I guess my big question mark is if she ever was dropped off at her girlfriends house.

The boys that dropped her off were all cleared thru DNA testing, that was on the OPP site in the link in the first post.

i cant even imagine what this family has been thru ....i hope one day soon the justice is served.
its hard to understand why is independent case review being denied ?!

KC was dropped off but was not seen entering the residence according to the witnesses

i cant even imagine what this family has been thru ....i hope one day soon the justice is served.
its hard to understand why is independent case review being denied ?!

In my opinion something went wrong with this case (mistakes) and LE are stalling and giving the family (and the public) the runaround. If you read enough articles in the MSM you can see a pattern in their handling of the witnesses, evidence and the victim's family. An external and independent review is definately warranted in this case.

I realize those three boys were cleared. My questions were more of if thre is an actual witness seeing her dropped off. Or is this just what the boys claim they did.
I lean towards believing she was struck walking on the road and hit by a drunk driver who panicked. MOO only but trying to determine of she was seen exiting a vehicle on Brock or just going on what the boys said they did.

I realize those three boys were cleared. My questions were more of if thre is an actual witness seeing her dropped off. Or is this just what the boys claim they did.
I lean towards believing she was struck walking on the road and hit by a drunk driver who panicked. MOO only but trying to determine of she was seen exiting a vehicle on Brock or just going on what the boys said they did.

I am a bit of an old car buff. I believe the vehicle will show up sooner or later in an old barn. Stored (hidden) for all these years. JMO.
I understand from reports that the hit and run was intentionally done to attempt to cover up the actual murder. JMO.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj
Back